Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate merge -- pending appeal results

Bad Morty

Funny how you seem to think it's OK that without a doubt some NE fans have done a good deal of "baiting" in this thread. I have not seen any of these posters MIA . Would you like me to waste my time and stick some under your nose ? I will if I have to . To whine about the mods is really chicken crap as there is no way in " helll" they pick on NE fans or allow Colt fans more leeway. 

late to the party going on in here.  Thanks for this.

We are equal opportunity warners

Everybody always feels like they are the ones picked on which to me is always a worry because that means they are not hearing us.

Very thankful for the ones who say 'whoops, sorry, won't happen again!"

back to real life now

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how you seem to think it's OK that without a doubt some NE fans have done a good deal of "baiting" in this thread. I have not seen any of these posters MIA . Would you like me to waste my time and stick some under your nose ? I will if I have to . To whine about the mods is really chicken crap as there is no way in " helll" they pick on NE fans or allow Colt fans more leeway. 

Who said anything about moderation? I have not publicly called out the moderation in any way ever, nor have I said that the mods allow one side to get away with more than the other. 

There are a few Colts fans who have been whining incessantly about how the big bad Patriots fans are coming here to simply 'spew their garbage' with the sole intention of baiting, even going as far as to say we are carefully planning and outlining what to post to make sure we incite as much as possible. First of all, don't be so dramatic, and second of all, I simply pointed out that there are many on the other side doing just that...those who literally add nothing to a discussion or conversation, just post something with the sole intention of riling up Patriots fans. That is the definition of trolling regardless of what team you are a fan of.

It is a Colts fan who tried to make the case that they should be able to say anything they want without recourse and the rules shouldn't apply to them because it is 'their board'...so your beef should be with them. The mods have done a fine job here over what has been a very trying few months. 

Who said anything about moderation? I have not publicly called out the moderation in any way ever, nor have I said that the mods allow one side to get away with more than the other. 

There are a few Colts fans who have been whining incessantly about how the big bad Patriots fans are coming here to simply 'spew their garbage' with the sole intention of baiting, even going as far as to say we are carefully planning and outlining what to post to make sure we incite as much as possible. First of all, don't be so dramatic, and second of all, I simply pointed out that there are many on the other side doing just that...those who literally add nothing to a discussion or conversation, just post something with the sole intention of riling up Patriots fans. That is the definition of trolling regardless of what team you are a fan of.

It is a Colts fan who tried to make the case that they should be able to say anything they want without recourse and the rules shouldn't apply to them because it is 'their board'...so your beef should be with them. The mods have done a fine job here over what has been a very trying few months. 

Dramatic... on a football forum ? Get real.

If when you say "   Very true...but I like being here...and as long as the same rules apply to all I will continue to post here."                                               it does not imply that you feel there are different standards to how rules apply to NE posters vs Colt posters , I stand corrected.

You are what has made it a trying few months.

Colts fans have been just as guilty in trying to pass off their opinions as fact and completely shake off any possible explanation other than what they believe. CrazyColt basically admitted to being a hypocrite last night, but its 'ok because it's a Colts forum' therefor the rules don't apply and they can 'have it both ways.'

How does that allow in any way for discussing things in an adult manner. You have bababooey coming back from his ban and literally asking for another, you have Shane popping in every now and then just to drop a 'you r cheaterzzz' for no reason other than to incite...yet Patriots plans presenting possible explanations for something that has not yet been proven one way or another is the problem here?

To quote someone else "thanks for the personal shot". Seriously just @ me or PM me next time instead of complaining to a mod.

Measuring the Colts footballs was clearly an afterthought. The point of the exercise was to measure the Pats footballs. Somebody probably hastily thought "Hey we should measure the Colts balls just in case", which is why they ran out of time. The Wells report is pretty clear on this...they measured all of the Pats footballs twice before moving on to the Colts balls. Since you all seem to believe that a guy could deflate 12 footballs in a bathroom in a minute and a half, then it doesn't make sense that they could only measure 4 Colts balls before the half ended unless they started measuring them literally right at the end of halftime.

An after thought? No, more like a timing thing. How can you say it was an after thought when you have no clue.

I actually agree with you on this.  I don't think you are baiting and I don't think you are plotting.  I understand what you are saying but, you are right, it's not changing my mind.  I've moved on and am happy to the NFL sort it out.

I'm wondering if we're about done talking about this until the appeal is done.  It's not doing anything at this point other than making people dislike each other

Colts fans have been just as guilty in trying to pass off their opinions as fact and completely shake off any possible explanation other than what they believe. CrazyColt basically admitted to being a hypocrite last night, but its 'ok because it's a Colts forum' therefor the rules don't apply and they can 'have it both ways.'

How does that allow in any way for discussing things in an adult manner. 

I did not admit to being a hypocrite. Quit putting you own spin on comments and out and out lying in the process.

And that's probably true. But from the very beginning, the reports that were out there weren't even true. So what was there to stand up and admit?

To be completely honest, I actually went back and read the first 20 pages of the original 76 page deflategate thread, and the second that incorrect report about 11 Patriots footballs being 2 PSI under was released, 95% of this forum had made up their mind. Seriously, go back and look at some of the responses immediately after the report was posted...the feelings and anger changed the very second that incorrect fact was heard and that pushed the cart down the hill and it hasn't stopped since...it just shows you how dangerous 'leaks'...especially ones that turn out to be not true...can be and how that completely changes the narrative right off the bat. Everyone always says 'i'll wait to reserve judgement until the facts are out'...but in this case, nobody even pretended to.

The Patriots were knocked back on their heals almost immediately because of that report, and they were forced to go on the defense right then and there all because of something that wasn't even true. Can you not honestly say that you would be just as angry if that happened to your team? Would you not then look at every little thing that happens after with a critical and skeptical eye? 

I don't blame the Patriots one bit for the way they reacted...and if that contributed to where we are now well it is what it is. Just sucks that the cause of all this was a report based on bull spit. 

All because of what? Brady refusal to cooperate. Simple. Like I said in an earlier comment. It was Brady who chose to go this route. It was Brady who could have cleared all of this up had he not had something to hide. His lawyer was given the opportunity to screen any non football related messages. By Brady playing hardball he is the one to blame for all of this no matter what me, you or anyone else thinks. He cost Kraft 1 million dollars and the Patriots two draft picks. He got himself suspended 4 games pending appeal. We can throw in a million opinions but this is the list of the known facts. All this circus atmosphere is all for not because of the facts that are known without a doubt. There would have been no reaction by the Patriots if Brady had supplied what was ask of him. In an investigation of any kind the investigators need all information. When the information is incomplete then it decided by the preponderance of the evidence. It is not rocket science. If Brady didn't provide any evidence to disprove the preponderance of evidence the penalties will stand. If he chooses to take this to court then the court will have the power to subpoena in his phone and records and the two equipment men. The two equipment men will have to testify under oath. We all can talk till we are blue in the face but it makes no difference. Now we wait and see how far Brady wants to take this after the NFL makes their final conclusion on this appeal. So you want to call preponderance of evidence bull spit? Sorry, but that is how things work no matter what you think of it.

Whining incessantly has gone both ways so don't point fingers when you are in the middle of it.

Posted · Hidden by MTC, July 1, 2015 - calling poster out
Hidden by MTC, July 1, 2015 - calling poster out

I actually agree with you on this. I don't think you are baiting and I don't think you are plotting. I understand what you are saying but, you are right, it's not changing my mind. I've moved on and am happy to the NFL sort it out.

I'm wondering if we're about done talking about this until the appeal is done. It's not doing anything at this point other than making people dislike each other

It's actually brought in people that colts fans dislike. Without deflate gate we at least don't have bad morty.

All because of what? Brady refusal to cooperate. Simple. Like I said in an earlier comment. It was Brady who chose to go this route. It was Brady who could have cleared all of this up had he not had something to hide. His lawyer was given the opportunity to screen any non football related messages. By Brady playing hardball he is the one to blame for all of this no matter what me, you or anyone else thinks. He cost Kraft 1 million dollars and the Patriots two draft picks. He got himself suspended 4 games pending appeal. We can throw in a million opinions but this is the list of the known facts. All this circus atmosphere is all for not because of the facts that are known without a doubt. There would have been no reaction by the Patriots if Brady had supplied what was ask of him. In an investigation of any kind the investigators need all information. When the information is incomplete then it decided by the preponderance of the evidence. It is not rocket science. If Brady didn't provide any evidence to disprove the preponderance of evidence the penalties will stand. If he chooses to take this to court then the court will have the power to subpoena in his phone and records and the two equipment men. The two equipment men will have to testify under oath. We all can talk till we are blue in the face but it makes no difference. Now we wait and see how far Brady wants to take this after the NFL makes their final conclusion on this appeal. So you want to call preponderance of evidence bull spit? Sorry, but that is how things work no matter what you think of it.

Opinions aren't facts. Conjecture is not fact. Speculation is not fact.

And THAT is the only fact.

This thing turned into a circus before the investigation even began and you know it. The second Mort reported from 'NFL sources' that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs were 2 PSI under, this thing became something else entirely and there was no stopping it. So many leaks with information turning out to be false clouded every single persons opinion and perception of this 'scandal' before anyone even had a chance to question. You want to get on Brady for not admitting something when every single thing that had been reported up to that point turned out to be wrong?

Yeah that sounds like a good idea! Any admission to anything at that point (and let me remind you that there is still no proof of his involvement) would not have led to this thing dying down, it would have continued to spiral downward because no matter what he said, false reports were STILL being leaked and people were still eating that spit up and believing anything that was coming out. It didn't even matter what was true or not true at that point, the court of public opinion had already ruled and nothing would have stopped that. Well, other than of course FACTUAL reports from NFL sources...

This thing turned into a circus before the investigation even began and you know it. The second Mort reported from 'NFL sources' that 11 of the 12 Patriots footballs were 2 PSI under, this thing became something else entirely and there was no stopping it. So many leaks with information turning out to be false clouded every single persons opinion and perception of this 'scandal' before anyone even had a chance to question. You want to get on Brady for not admitting something when every single thing that had been reported up to that point turned out to be wrong?

Yeah that sounds like a good idea! Any admission to anything at that point (and let me remind you that there is still no proof of his involvement) would not have led to this thing dying down, it would have continued to spiral downward because no matter what he said, false reports were STILL being leaked and people were still eating that spit up and believing anything that was coming out. It didn't even matter what was true or not true at that point, the court of public opinion had already ruled and nothing would have stopped that. Well, other than of course FACTUAL reports from NFL sources...

God I hate it when people state what they think and then add "and you know it." We don't agree with you . Is that so hard for you to understand  ? Because we don't agree with you it doesn't mean "we eat spit up" or anything of that sort. We also don't think that because Mort leaked a bad report , your team was subsequently dealt an insurmountable. That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

God I hate it when people state what they think and then add "and you know it." We don't agree with you . Is that so hard for you to understand ? Because we don't agree with you it doesn't mean "we eat spit up" or anything of that sort. We also don't think that because Mort leaked a bad report , your team was subsequently dealt an insurmountable. That really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

How is giving an opinion and then saying 'and you know it' any different than listing off an opinion and then saying 'and that's fact'? Because that is what CrazyColt did and that's what I responded to. See how angry you got when I did it? Now maybe you understand my frustration.

The 'facts' CrazyColt is putting out there are not facts at all...they are opinions, so when CrazyColt goes on some rant saying that 'this is a fact' and 'that is a fact' well, I'm going to disagree with the validity of those claims.

You don't have to agree with me, but your side has been trying to pass off opinion as fact from day one...so excuse ME if I don't agree. What is it about that that YOU don't understand?

I'm not saying you have to agree with me, but the 'facts' CrazyColt is putting out there are not facts at all...they are opinions, so when CrazyColt goes on some rant saying that 'this is a fact' and 'that is a fact' well, I'm going to disagree with the validity of those claims.

You don't have to agree with me, but at least I'm not trying to pass of my opinion as fact. Your side has been from day one...so excuse ME if I don't agree. What is it about that that YOU don't understand?

And "your side" doesn't ? What a joke . Saying over and over again that the "science proves nothing happens" is not sating a fact ... and a false one at that ?  "Fact is "... when you state something and add to it "and you know it" ... it's annoying and not at all on point as you used it in that post .Now does that help YOU understand ? 

1) Did a Patriots employee remove the balls from the referees room? Is this illegal? Yes, and Yes it's a violation. Nobody has argued this.

2) Did he take the balls into a bathroom? For what purpose? Yes. As the video turned over by the Pats clearly shows, he did. None of us know for what purpose. You are guessing that it was to deflate balls. Others are saying it was an innocent trip to the bathroom to take a leak. I suspect he was putting a gauge into the balls to make sure they were set properly by the officials. My guess is every bit as plausible as your guess.

3) Explain the discrepancy in PSI observed at half time. Any mention of the Ideal Gas Law requires you show your method and calculations please. We don't know what the discrepancy actually is, since we don't have recorded beginning measurements and we don't know which gauge was used to make the measurements. That's fact.

4) Based on the above answers was the deflation totally natural or linked to 1 & 2? Dependent on your answer did "The Deflator" act independently or under shall we say loose instruction from his QB. Since we don't have any conclusive evidence as to the actual deflation level, we can't answer this question.

I take exception to your fact here-

http://forums.colts.com/topic/38827-deflategate-merge-pending-appeal-results/page-39?p=1126546#entry1126546

you'd have to present a link to the logged pressure readings for each ball pre-game in order to dispute the fact I posted.

This is direct from the Wells report.  I'm sure Anderson will testify the same under oath in a court of law, if it comes to that

Xp8_zpssgwbgtqf.png

Battling cancer can make for "a trying few months"

Losing your job can make for "a trying few months"

Posting on an internet message board....not so much.

You should be best friends w McNally you can be the deflator and deflector duo

Opinions contain many facts. (Read Supreme Court Decisions et.al)

Conjecture contains various facts completed to form a conclusion. (Read verdicts handed down everyday in this country et.al)

Speculation contains both multiple and various facts that contain opinion and conjecture to arrow a direction. (Read Stock Market et.al)

"More probable, than not!"? You bet your sweet asterisks! And THAT is a fact.

You start off by writing that speculation, opinion, and conjecture are not facts, but then turn around and claim that many reports by Mort and others were "false", as if we are to believe that to be factual. When you write that there was "information turning out to be false", that is speculation on your part and therefore not a fact.

Just because many Pats fans believe the reports to be untrue or inaccurate does not mean that they are.

How is giving an opinion and then saying 'and you know it' any different than listing off an opinion and then saying 'and that's fact'? Because that is what CrazyColt did and that's what I responded to. See how angry you got when I did it? Now maybe you understand my frustration.

The 'facts' CrazyColt is putting out there are not facts at all...they are opinions, so when CrazyColt goes on some rant saying that 'this is a fact' and 'that is a fact' well, I'm going to disagree with the validity of those claims.

You don't have to agree with me, but your side has been trying to pass off opinion as fact from day one...so excuse ME if I don't agree. What is it about that that YOU don't understand?

So it's not a fact that Brady refused to cooperate? So it's not a fact that Kraft was fined 1 million dollars? So it's not a fact that the Patriots were docked 2 draft picks? So it's not a fact that Brady got a 4 game suspension pending appeal? Sorry those are the facts. What world have you been visiting? (sarcasm)

You start off by writing that speculation, opinion, and conjecture are not facts, but then turn around and claim that many reports by Mort and others were "false", as if we are to believe that to be factual. When you write that there was "information turning out to be false", that is speculation on your part and therefore not a fact.

Just because many Pats fans believe the reports to be untrue or inaccurate does not mean that they are.

Mort's report was false. There is no debate. All you have to do is compare his stated psi levels for the footballs with Wells and his is false. And that has been the biggest "report" that set this ablaze and painted the Pats guilt from day one ...