Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts make Roster Moves

TKnight24

Crazy how we waste people's time. Clearly the kid has no hope of ever making the team. Why bother bringing him in to stand around and do nothig. Not like he will get any reps to show his ability or a chance to compete for a spot. Camp body is one thing but camp nobody and camp no opportunity are a completely different matter. Can you say "logic completely fails me here"! 

I don't get it, what was the point of releasing Loiseau then?

Never stop kicking the tires. You never know what you'll find out there. 

As for Loiseau, his tires must have been flat and worn out. 

What is it that you don't get. Bringing 50 extra guys to camp and calling it a competition for roster spots creates more media buzz that keeps the NFL in the spot light during the sesonal lul and competition from MLB and  NHL /NBA playoffs. Plus. when one of these guys beats the 50/1 odds and gets a roster spot and then beats the 10,000/1 odds and actuially becomes a star, what better  marketing material could you ask for. Everyone loves an underdog. If you just bring in your roster, PS and drafted guys to camp there is no perceived competition and nothing for the media folk and us chat folk to make a fuss over. Unless there is actual money involved it's all for show.

What is it that you don't get. Bringing 50 extra guys to camp and calling it a competition for roster spots creates more media buzz that keeps the NFL in the spot light during the sesonal lul and competition from MLB and NHL /NBA playoffs. Plus. when one of these guys beats the 50/1 odds and gets a roster spot and then beats the 10,000/1 odds and actuially becomes a star, what better marketing material could you ask for. Everyone loves an underdog. If you just bring in your roster, PS and drafted guys to camp there is no perceived competition and nothing for the media folk and us chat folk to make a fuss over. Unless there is actual money involved it's all for show.

lmao

"... it's all for show." No, it's really not.

lmao

"... it's all for show." No, it's really not.

Yes, really. Just go down to the practice facility and see the 50 guys we brought in just standing around doing nothing, gettin no reps and getting no opportunity and then getting cut and replaced by another guy that will do much the same. Then tell me "no, it's really not". Honestly, it's kind of a head scratcher to witness this. Some people just don't like to hear the truth. 

Yes, really. Just go down to the practice facility and see the 50 guys we brought in just standing around doing nothing, gettin no reps and getting no opportunity and then getting cut and replaced by another guy that will do much the same. Then tell me "no, it's really not". Honestly, it's kind of a head scratcher to witness this. Some people just don't like to hear the truth.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

"Some people just don't like to hear the truth."

A favorite quote of the ignorant.

What is it that you don't get. Bringing 50 extra guys to camp and calling it a competition for roster spots creates more media buzz that keeps the NFL in the spot light during the sesonal lul and competition from MLB and  NHL /NBA playoffs. Plus. when one of these guys beats the 50/1 odds and gets a roster spot and then beats the 10,000/1 odds and actuially becomes a star, what better  marketing material could you ask for. Everyone loves an underdog. If you just bring in your roster, PS and drafted guys to camp there is no perceived competition and nothing for the media folk and us chat folk to make a fuss over. Unless there is actual money involved it's all for show.

Any one of these players would rather be in a camp, or a squad, then at home staring at the phone. What amazes me are fans who feel the need to negate a move made by the GM to improve the team.

So they get a chance to meet the kid, see his speed on the uptake, and so on.....he gains some pounds, and late in the season or next year because we lose some players at the WR position we bring him in to the practice squad because of familiarity. 

Any one of these players would rather be in a camp, or a squad, then at home staring at the phone. What amazes me are fans who feel the need to negate a move made by the GM to improve the team.

So they get a chance to meet the kid, see his speed on the uptake, and so on.....he gains some pounds, and late in the season or next year because we lose some players at the WR position we bring him in to the practice squad because of familiarity. 

HaHahaha ... you have obviously never gone through this process. Let me enlighten you. What you see and the reasons you see it could not be further from the truth. You think it is harder to sit by the phone than it is to sit on the sideline without opportunity while others who may be inferior to you make mistakes with impunity because their spot is allready locked in? Common now, every one of these kids is a competitor. How do you think they feel being brought in and then never given the chance to compete. One or two reps here and there is absolutely not an opportunity or basis for any evaluation. I mean just look at the comments that everyone here makes about the camp body guys. What is the basis for this evaluation? Certainly not because you have seen them practice or play in the NFL. It's easy to be a fat guy behind a keyboard evaluating and commenting on things you have no direct knowledge of. Go live it and your opinion will change pretty quickly.  

Nicely put

Their work in the Colts camp could get them work elsewhere

Maybe he is just a guy who profiles well as a stand in for reps when AJ and Moncrief need a rest.

Rutenbeck - 6'2''

Johnson - 6'3''

Moncrief - 6'2''

Or, this singing could be about all of the weird nonsense that is being spewed up above right now.

W

H

E

W

You think? Or howabout actually evaluating the guys we have before releasing them and bringing in another guy that we have no plans of evaluating. There are a lot better moves we could be making than are being made!

they've been "evaluating" Louiseau for about 3 years now.  Cutting him was absolutely no loss at all.

HaHahaha ... you have obviously never gone through this process. Let me enlighten you. What you see and the reasons you see it could not be further from the truth. You think it is harder to sit by the phone than it is to sit on the sideline without opportunity while others who may be inferior to you make mistakes with impunity because their spot is allready locked in? Common now, every one of these kids is a competitor. How do you think they feel being brought in and then never given the chance to compete. One or two reps here and there is absolutely not an opportunity or basis for any evaluation. I mean just look at the comments that everyone here makes about the camp body guys. What is the basis for this evaluation? Certainly not because you have seen them practice or play in the NFL. It's easy to be a fat guy behind a keyboard evaluating and commenting on things you have no direct knowledge of. Go live it and your opinion will change pretty quickly.  

Thanks for your enlightenment. What does the fat guy behind the keyboard comment have to do with anything? Maybe "prophet like", hairy, malnourished, twitch in left eye, unshaven, with "Why don't we do it in the road" playing in the background.....but never *fat. 

*(no fat people were harmed during the drafting of this post)

OK, bud... So I assume you have "gone through this process" of being signed by an NFL team and then getting cut, and then signed again, cut... and so on?  Because that's what it sounds like you are implying.

Also, calling people online "fat" because they express their opinion on a move the team makes is pretty harsh.  Perhaps you should take it down a notch and understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion and slinging personal insults around a FORUM ONLINE is basically being the pot calling the kettle black.

But do please enlighten us with your extensive NFL experience, on and while you're at it why don't you also let us know why you are sitting at home commenting on the Colts forum instead of playing for a team in the NFL?

OK, bud... So I assume you have "gone through this process" of being signed by an NFL team and then getting cut, and then signed again, cut... and so on? Because that's what it sounds like you are implying.

Also, calling people online "fat" because they express their opinion on a move the team makes is pretty harsh. Perhaps you should take it down a notch and understand that everyone is entitled to their opinion and slinging personal insults around a FORUM ONLINE is basically being the pot calling the kettle black.

But do please enlighten us with your extensive NFL experience, on and while you're at it why don't you also let us know why you are sitting at home commenting on the Colts forum instead of playing for a team in the NFL?

Isn't that obvious? Because he was better than everyone else but he was never given a shot . . .

Isn't that obvious? Because he was better than everyone else but he was never given a shot . . .

Yup. Never mind pre-draft evaluations, minicamps, training camp, preseason, etc., where fringe players literally get months to show whether they can play. Never mind that teams are drafting and signing athletes that have literally never played football before (Adongo, Darren Fells, Lawrence Okoye, etc.), some of them who have never come to the US before.

Teams spend millions of dollars scouting obscure athletic talent every year (I can't even remember what school Denzell Good went to, but I know his film was grainy, Lochness monster quality film). I'm sure there are some end of the roster kind of guys who don't get a fair shake, and I bet there are guys who could probably compete in camp who never get signed. But this idea that NFL talent evaluators are missing out on good players, guys who could make a difference for an NFL team, and the only reason is that those guys were never properly evaluated, well, it's ludicrous. 

If someone said that the NFL needs to do a better job of developing fringe talent, I'd agree 100%. Rosters are too small, game day rosters are too small, IR designations are too strict, practice squad rules are too strict and the size of the practice squad is too small, etc. Make some adjustments in those areas, and some of these back end guys would have a better shot at sticking around, making an impression on the staff, and eventually getting a real shot. But that doesn't mean that there are a bunch of these guys sitting at home because the NFL never paid any attention to them.

Yup. Never mind pre-draft evaluations, minicamps, training camp, preseason, etc., where fringe players literally get months to show whether they can play. Never mind that teams are drafting and signing athletes that have literally never played football before (Adongo, Darren Fells, Lawrence Okoye, etc.), some of them who have never come to the US before.

Teams spend millions of dollars scouting obscure athletic talent every year (I can't even remember what school Denzell Good went to, but I know his film was grainy, Lochness monster quality film). I'm sure there are some end of the roster kind of guys who don't get a fair shake, and I bet there are guys who could probably compete in camp who never get signed. But this idea that NFL talent evaluators are missing out on good players, guys who could make a difference for an NFL team, and the only reason is that those guys were never properly evaluated, well, it's ludicrous.

If someone said that the NFL needs to do a better job of developing fringe talent, I'd agree 100%. Rosters are too small, game day rosters are too small, IR designations are too strict, practice squad rules are too strict and the size of the practice squad is too small, etc. Make some adjustments in those areas, and some of these back end guys would have a better shot at sticking around, making an impression on the staff, and eventually getting a real shot. But that doesn't mean that there are a bunch of these guys sitting at home because the NFL never paid any attention to them.

Well said.

(love the Loch Ness monster quip)

Look, nothing personal. But I can tell you from experience that this is a far less than perfect process. If you take your fan hat off for a minute and go see what really goes on at OTA you will see what I am saying. I am just standing up for all these guys as they are treated and talked about as if they don't matter when in fact they never really had a chance to matter. This is league wide, not just here. These guys are getting paid less than minimum wage to hang around for an opportunity that doesn't exist. At leat acknowledge their plight. I just know statistically what a long shot it is for any UDFA to make a roster or become a starter. The idea that this process is even remotely easy or fair is ludicrous. Media makes it sound like it's common place. I personally see lots of guys on the roster that could be replaced with better players, drafted or not. To pick on a few lowley receivers and make them seem irrelevent or expendable is just mean spirited.