Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite draft pick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Anderson easy, possibly the best 3-4 DE in the draft. Dorsett was my no1 ranked WR in the draft, but we needed a DE bad that can dominate.

Ummm, how was he your #1 WR?

Amari Cooper was the best WR in this draft and it wasn't even close

Ummm, how was he your #1 WR?

Amari Cooper was the best WR in this draft and it wasn't even close

Amari is a better route runner than Dorsett and that's it. Dorsett is faster, also has extremely good hands and fights for the ball in contact. Cooper isn't even the 2nd best receiver in the draft, that goes to Kevin White. I think I'll trust my work over yours on this one Mr 19 or 20 year old. Seems like you're just repeating what you heard from draft analysts. I do my own research.

I'm going to go ahead and say if we had drafted Eddie Goldman in the 1st round, it'd be one of the best drafts for any team in a while and could rival our 2012 one with Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Ballard, Brazil, and Chapman.

I'm going to go ahead and say if we had drafted Eddie Goldman in the 1st round, it'd be one of the best drafts for any team in a while and could rival our 2012 one with Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, Ballard, Brazil, and Chapman.

It's interesting, Eddie Goldman fit our scheme a lot better than Malcom Brown, so he was a logical pick. It would of been a great defensive line with Goldman and Anderson. Hopefully it still works out.

Amari is a better route runner than Dorsett and that's it. Dorsett is faster, also has extremely good hands and fights for the ball in contact. Cooper isn't even the 2nd best receiver in the draft, that goes to Kevin White. I think I'll trust my work over yours on this one Mr 19 or 20 year old. Seems like you're just repeating what you heard from draft analysts. I do my own research.

Not understanding how the "best" WR in the draft is gonna be a 3rd-4th string WR while the "not even the 2nd best" is gonna be starting day 1 but okay. And really don't see what age has to do with this but again...... okay

Anderson,..flat out.  Size, relentless Motor, A plethora of moves to get by a blocker, understands the scheme already, and is a sure tackler.  he'll be the starter IMO by week 6 if not earlier.

Most interesting is Goode to me though. Not alot to go on, but has the size, and athletic ability to make a serious impact in the run game.  But don't know his pass blocking abilities, or his ability to learn schemes or work habits.

Not understanding how the "best" WR in the draft is gonna be a 3rd-4th string WR while the "not even the 2nd best" is gonna be starting day 1 but okay. And really don't see what age has to do with this but again...... okay

well, our back-up QB never see's the light of day but is still a better QB than 1/4 of the starters in the league..it happens when you have so much talent on a team in a certain position.

Put Amari Cooper on this team and he isn't starting from day 1 either....

I think Anderson and Dorsett will make the biggest impact.

Anderson will be an immediate part of the D Line rotation.

Dorsett will be our #3 WR by week 1.

I could see Smith Geathers Robinson even Herrera making an impact if someone goes down.

I think Lowery is going to fit our D and surprise some people.

The roster is getting stronger there are going to be some surprise cuts this year. We are stability at C and a RT away from being really good.

well, our back-up QB never see's the light of day but is still a better QB than 1/4 of the starters in the league..it happens when you have so much talent on a team in a certain position.

Saying Hasselbeck is better than 1/4 isn't much of an accomplishment, it's really only a handful of good QB'S in the NFL. It's the hardest position to play in the NFL imo

Well Geathers was our biggest need so I obviously like the pick especially where we got him. I really like Smith and Anderson also. The only argument I have with the draft is moving up for Parry. We could have got an extra pick withstaying put and got him anyway IMO.

I was very surprised with the Dorsett pick like everyone else. But I'm glad he's a Colt!

Higher chance than Dorsett has

The reason I mentioned your age is because I know you didn't put effort into working on studying this draft class. Your "work" entailed watching a few highlight tapes that were shown on Colts.com here and regurgitating info you heard from the "draft experts." I didn't see you do one mock draft before the draft and I didn't see you in chat during any of the 7 rounds talking about the draft with the rest of us. You had to ask if Donald Celiscar was signed by us a UDFA, that's how uninformed you are. So yes, I trust my own research more than someone who states the obvious and uses someone else's opinion. We'll see on Dorsett, but either way, at least I'll be right or wrong by myself.

That would be an opinion, and doesn't mean anything in the context of your original statement.

Well bottomline, Cooper is the better WR. Made Blake Sims look great, stud WR. Hopefully the black hole doesn't ruin his career before it even starts

Saying Hasselbeck is better than 1/4 isn't much of an accomplishment, it's really only a handful of good QB'S in the NFL. It's the hardest position to play in the NFL imo

True, but my point was some teams just do not have depth at certain positions. let alone talent.  Also, just because scouts think a player is better than others does not mean he'll end up BEING better in the NFL.  I honestly thing Anderson was a better player to have then Brown was at the position, (cause they'd play the same position in our defensive scheme).  only time will tell which players make their impact, and which become relative bust's.

The reason I mentioned your age is because I know you didn't put effort into working on studying this draft class. Your "work" entailed watching a few highlight tapes that were shown on Colts.com here and regurgitating info you heard from the "draft experts." I didn't see you do one mock draft before the draft and I didn't see you in chat during any of the 7 rounds talking about the draft with the rest of us. You had to ask if Donald Celiscar was signed by us a UDFA, that's how uninformed you are. So yes, I trust my own research more than someone who states the obvious and uses someone else's opinion.

1. Don't watch ESPN or any of those things so no I didn't go by the "experts" so kill that

2. Just cause I didn't do a mock draft means nothing so kill that too

3. Just cause I'm not in the chat for the draft means nothing either. Was in a chat, just not on here. So again, kill that

Your argument is invalid basically. And I was busy getting ready for my aunt's graduation from VCU that I attended today to really catch up on who we brought in for UDFA so excuse me for putting family over the NFL

True, but my point was some teams just do not have depth at certain positions. let alone talent. Also, just because scouts think a player is better than others does not mean he'll end up BEING better in the NFL. I honestly thing Anderson was a better player to have then Brown was at the position, (cause they'd play the same position in our defensive scheme). only time will tell which players make their impact, and which become relative bust's.

Again, I don't listen to scouts. Cooper is the better WR and that's my opinion. And I was glad we didn't take Brown even though I wanted him but only cause he went to Texas and I like Texas.

Brown doesn't fit our scheme, he's a 4-3 DT and nothing more imo. We need someone who can handle double teams. Brown experienced a few of those at Texas and at times was taken out the play by them. We need a disruptive force in the middle and I don't believe brown would've brought that, at least not to our defense

Apparently Grigson agrees or he would've taken him

1. Don't watch ESPN or any of those things so no I didn't go by the "experts" so kill that

2. Just cause I didn't do a mock draft means nothing so kill that too

3. Just cause I'm not in the chat for the draft means nothing either. Was in a chat, just not on here. So again, kill that

Your argument is invalid basically. And I was busy getting ready for my aunt's graduation from VCU that I attended today to really catch up on who we brought in for UDFA so excuse me for putting family over the NFL

It does mean something because you show very little interest, and your lack of interest gives you little credibility if any. You don't even say why Cooper is the better receiver, you just say he is. If you can't explain something, then you have no credibility. At least I gave a point on Cooper and Dorsett and why I think Dorsett is better. You just repeatedly say Cooper is better.

It does mean something because you show very little interest, and your lack of interest gives you little credibility if any. You don't even say why Cooper is the better receiver, you just say he is. If you can't explain something, then you have no credibility. At least I gave a point on Cooper and Dorsett and why I think Dorsett is better. You just repeatedly say Cooper is better.

So because I'm not on here chatting about the draft means I'm not interested? Hmm, didn't know you had a secret camera watching me 24/7 but okay. Cool

Again, I don't listen to scouts. Cooper is the better WR and that's my opinion. And I was glad we didn't take Brown even though I wanted him but only cause he went to Texas and I like Texas.

Brown doesn't fit our scheme, he's a 4-3 DT and nothing more imo. We need someone who can handle double teams. Brown experienced a few of those at Texas and at times was taken out the play by them. We need a disruptive force in the middle and I don't believe brown would've brought that, at least not to our defense

Apparently Grigson agrees or he would've taken him

Yeah..agreed completely on everything you say on Brown..just wish the rest of the world could see that as well...lol  (but these are our opinions)

My opinion on Cooper is that he can be a great wr is given the right circumstances.  A player has to be used correctly for their full skill set to shine.  Luck knows how to use a small, fast receiver, and two of them IMO for him on the field at the same time would be a dangerous proposition for a defending team.  Both Cooper and Dorsett could both be great.

So because I'm not on here chatting about the draft means I'm not interested? Hmm, didn't know you had a secret camera watching me 24/7 but okay. Cool

I didn't see you chatting about it much, if at all, and you admitted yourself after I said it that you didn't do a mock draft. You also haven't said why Cooper is better than Dorsett. I guess it's because the "experts" say so, right? Bottom line is, if you don't mention anything about the draft on a site you are on most of the day for months leading up to it and even during it, you don't know much about it and have a lack of interest in it. You may care about the players and positions we drafted and in what rounds, but you obviously don't care enough to study the players and study their tape. You just want to hear results and hear what everyone thinks about the picks and make an opinion based off that.

yeah, i agree with him though on the "I don't care what the so called experts say'.  I watch my own stuff also.  and make evaluations on them as well.  I do however do see what these so called experts say though, only to see if they even see what i do.  Alot of times these guys only see what i do, sometimes they don't, sometimes they do. (though not saying by any means i am a NFL scout, i just like to see for myself.)

Yeah..agreed completely on everything you say on Brown..just wish the rest of the world could see that as well...lol (but these are our opinions)

My opinion on Cooper is that he can be a great wr is given the right circumstances. A player has to be used correctly for their full skill set to shine. Luck knows how to use a small, fast receiver, and two of them IMO for him on the field at the same time would be a dangerous proposition for a defending team. Both Cooper and Dorsett could both be great.

Cooper is the better WR for numerous reasons

1. Lead the SEC in receiving

2. Played in the hardest conference in the CFB world and balled out

3. Made Blake Sims look gawdly at times

4. Great hands and route runner

Dorsett is really just another speedster, it's too easy to take those kind of players out. Look at Hilton every time we play the :flyingelvis:

Problem with the speedster WR's, while they are fun to watch when they make plays..... it's disappointing when they don't make the plays and become invisible

You gotta have time in the pocket or just be Andrew and throw strikes with defender's draped on your back to make the speedsters ball out

I didn't see you chatting about it much, if at all, and you admitted yourself after I said it that you didn't do a mock draft. You also haven't said why Cooper is better than Dorsett. I guess it's because the "experts" say so, right? Bottom line is, if you don't mention anything about the draft on a site you are on most of the day for months leading up to it and even during it, you don't know much about it and have a lack of interest in it. You may care about the players and positions we drafted and in what rounds, but you obviously don't care enough to study the players and study their tape. You just want to hear results and hear what everyone thinks about the picks and make an opinion based off that.

Ok

Dorsett is really just another speedster, it's too easy to take those kind of players out. Look at Hilton every time we play the :flyingelvis:

Problem with the speedster WR's, while they are fun to watch when they make plays..... it's disappointing when they don't make the plays and become invisible

You gotta have time in the pocket or just be Andrew and throw strikes with defender's draped on your back to make the speedsters ball out

The issue with NE, is they put a man on him in his face, then if you watch closely, they have a guy 'shadowing' over the top.  basically a double team.  And team do that all day long when your running game isn't going anywhere, cause they know what you're going to do.  We establish a running game, and then have our plethora of receivers on the field, they have to play straight up because damage can come from anywhere.  Route running is a skill that can be taught, Speed isn't.  I still say both WR's are going to end up being top notch.

What makes you say that? I think Dorsett is capable of being much more than "just a speedster". 

The issue with NE, is they put a man on him in his face, then if you watch closely, they have a guy 'shadowing' over the top. basically a double team. And team do that all day long when your running game isn't going anywhere, cause they know what you're going to do. We establish a running game, and then have our plethora of receivers on the field, they have to play straight up because damage can come from anywhere. Route running is a skill that can be taught, Speed isn't. I still say both WR's are going to end up being top notch.

I mean Dorsett is obvious unless he just pulls a DHB and drops his way outta indy. Cooper has to work for it more. Carr is gonna be a good QB, but he's no Andrew. And we also have the better team. Cooper has more of a challenge to be good than Dorsett but I'll still take Cooper any day over any WR that came out this draft