Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Miller: Colts "in love" with Damarious Randall. Could be a late 1st round pick.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

randall can be got in the third, why would we use a first round pick?

Because, thing is he can't be had in the third round, it's a thing called demand. 

A team in the top of the 2nd is where he'll most likely be picked. Making him a late first if we want him that bad.

Randall has had tons of buzz from everything I've heard. Early 2nd. Should he be a first? Probably not, would it be a reach? Yes, but all reaches are because of demand.

Because, thing is he can't be had in the third round, it's a thing called demand.

A team in the top of the 2nd is where he'll most likely be picked. Making him a late first if we want him that bad.

Randall has had tons of buzz from everything I've heard. Early 2nd. Should he be a first? Probably not, would it be a reach? Yes, but all reaches are because of demand.

if there is as high a demand on Safties as you think then there should be alot of better players at other positions then

Dudes an atrocious tackler...The Oregon State tape was brutal, He has deep speed no doubt but Im not sure he has the recovery speed when beat and he is to often late to the ball for me and can get turned around in coverage, I personally would not draft him till the late 3rd or 4th round

randall can be got in the third, why would we use a first round pick?

According to you and a bunch of bloggers?  It cracks me up how people here think they know what the professionals' boards look like.

Dudes an atrocious tackler...The Oregon State tape was brutal, He has deep speed no doubt but Im not sure he has the recovery speed when beat and he is to often late to the ball for me and can get turned around in coverage, I personally would not draft him till the late 3rd or 4th round

I haven't looked at any of his tape yet, but I think in Dustins write up he mentions you have to look at more than the Oregon State tape because it's awful.    I'm not sure how much you've watched though.

I'll be shocked and angry if we spent our 1st on him.    He's a 3rd round talent who I thought we might reach for at the bottom of the 2nd round.

But first round?    The answer better be 'Heck No!"

If we won't spend money on a veteran NFL free agent safety then we sure as heck better not way over-draft for a safety.   That would be terrible.

No safety (other than Collins) is worth the 29th pick in the draft.

To be clear,  Miller does NOT say the Colts will or even could draft Randall with their 1st round picks.

He talks about the teams that love the kid, and lists the Colts as one of them.

Then, Miller says don't be surprised if a team (he doesn't mention any names) picks him late in the first round.

That's NOT the same thing as saying the Colts are thinking about using their first pick on Randall.

I haven't looked at any of his tape yet, but I think in Dustins write up he mentions you have to look at more than the Oregon State tape because it's awful.    I'm not sure how much you've watched though.

I watched them all, He shows a glimpse here or there, He has the raw physical skills to be good but I wouldn't put him on anything more then special teams at first and for that Im not spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on him because of his tackling ability and footwork

That's not the point.  You said he can be gotten in the 3rd when you have absolutely ZERO clue.

I'm with you.  It's always funny to hear such strong opinions from fans this time of year.  Sure, teams get things wrong all the time.. but I'll take the guys with the team of professional scouts over the guys with some youtube videos and message boards.

If we end up taking someone who is considered a reach, I'll say "cool, I guess we were missing something on this guy"

That's not the point. You said he can be gotten in the 3rd when you have absolutely ZERO clue.

He's not going to be there in the 3rd. If you spend 5 mins reading what's out there. Apparently Jerry Jones really likes the kid too talk Dallas may look at him in the first

From what I'm seeing no way is he there at 61 maybe not even 29. Man he caught fire shot up boards

Matt Miller- "Colts in love with <insert here>" Miller is horrible at what he does, that is why I dislike bleacher report in many ways because they make things up without a source.

Miller is very good at what he does.

Apparently the colts are in love with this guy. After watching some film on him, I could honestly see the colts taking this guy in the first. He already posses some pretty good sklills, and with Chucks ability to coach up dbs, this kid could be good.