Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ngata and Ravens [Merge]

Dustin

cant wait to get run over by blount again

You don't sleep at night, do you?

So, are there any other DLs that can tackle Blount?

So far it's Suh, and Ngata.

Is that it, or is there still hope?

It's also good we don't play Blount 16 games each year.

You don't sleep at night, do you?

So, are there any other DLs that can tackle Blount?

So far it's Suh, and Ngata.

Is that it, or is there still hope?

It's also good we don't play Blount 16 games each year.

We just play him and the other string of unknowns behind him in the two games that matter most, the one that determines home field advantage in the playoffs, and then the playoffs.

Suggs just restructured to help keep Ngata in Baltimore. These are the latest reports from the Baltimore Sun

Good guy Suggs then. Baltimore really didn't need to bleed all its D talent this free agency, keeping Ngata without having to cut someone may be the best they can do in FA however.

Good guy Suggs then. Baltimore really didn't need to bleed all its D talent this free agency, keeping Ngata without having to cut someone may be the best they can do in FA however.

Not a done deal by any means, but this is the latest report. With a 16 million dollar cap hit, the Ravens may just pay it to get a year down the road with Ngata, then extend him so he can retire as a Raven. As always though, this could change.

Not a done deal by any means, but this is the latest report. With a 16 million dollar cap hit, the Ravens may just pay it to get a year down the road with Ngata, then extend him so he can retire as a Raven. As always though, this could change.

that and to probably keep him from going to Indy because you know Grigson would snatch him up almost immediately.

No doubt, and I think Raven's brass knows it. After the Suh contract, a 16 million dollar hit may be cheap for a year.

That ain't cheap no matter how you look at it.....still more than Peyton money...and he is a great player and very important but qb money to a DT is a lot. I think they have to be trying to rework that contract at some point...they are a good team but they need that money to fill other needs.

That ain't cheap no matter how you look at it.....still more than Peyton money...and he is a great player and very important but qb money to a DT is a lot. I think they have to be trying to rework that contract at some point...they are a good team but they need that money to fill other needs.

I hear you. I think Suggs freeing up some money may have helped, but there is not much money left.

Aaron Wilson is reporting that Ngata may remain with the Ravens under his current contract for 2015.

Part of me was hoping that INDY had at securing his talents, but I do like to see premier athletes remain with 1 franchise all career long so I'm cool with it either way TOC. 

Part of me was hoping that INDY had at securing his talents, but I do like to see premier athletes remain with 1 franchise all career long so I'm cool with it either way TOC.

Obviously I would like to retain him in Baltimore, but it's not done yet. We have Timmy Jernigan, who is very good, but Ngata really clogs up the middle. Top DT's are at a premium like CB's, and QB's. If he becomes available at 4, I'm sure Irsay's jet will be racing towards Baltimore.

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Will very much miss Ngata, but we do have a young, talented Timmy Jernigan to take his place. Ozzie gave up a 7, but picked up a fourth and fifth round pick, which was better than just cutting him for nothing, other than an unknown compensatory pick. It also freed up 8.5 million in cap space we desperately need to fill other positions. Still, I will miss Ngata, and it's a nice pick up for Detroit, and the Ravens avoid him going to an AFC competitor.

That would be really odd if all the qbs that recently got massive contracts get dumped within a year, or so of signing them.

My thinking is Joe will restructure for the long term. He's got a boatload of money, and is close by to his family in NJ. I know he wants to win , so I think he will follow suit with Brady and Manning. I know the Ravens want him for the long term.

The Ray Rice cut really put the Ravens in a tough spot this year because of the dead money. This is the year they are swallowing the hit, and it's been tough. They also gave Dennis Pitta an ill advised contract after the first hip injury. I guess all front offices make mistakes.