Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ndamukong Suh will sign with Miami (Per ESPN) [Merge]

I was thi

I dont care. Now brady has to see suh twice a year. Lol!!! Patriots barely beat the afc north anyway. They always catch them on a dumb mistake in the last second when theyre up ahead.

You read my mind. I was hoping if he was overpaid the dolphins got him. Brady now gets him twice a year, the bills line which is beastly, and the Jets front four are nothing to sneeze at. He is going to have a tough time this year in those division games. Get him good and beat up for the playoffs.

I still cannot believe 19M/yr. How do you pay someone 3M more than Watt, especially with how much more Watt does. Just makes no sense. You cannot pay someone QB money, unless they disrupt every play. Watt does that, and 16M still a lot. I know the cap is changing, but this is going to have far reaching implications.

What happens when Houston comes up for FA next year? What do you think he demands?

Also it will change the Franchise tag on DT which was already high. It is a average of the top 5, and the top 2 now make 27M/yr. combined.

Now that the Lions have one huge gaping hole in their D line, you think they'll easily let a second one happen? Lions will get him back or someone other than the Colts will massively overpay to him as well.

were interested not like they have a choice any way it's Fairley's now

Great organization......dumping players they signed a few years ago to large contracts in order to sign new players to large contracts.  Looks like Miami is taking the 'flavor of the week' approach to free agency.

They are dumping players jeff Ireland signed to stupid deals

were interested not like they have a choice any way it's Fairley's now

And he will seek a deal the way Suh did... highest bidder for his rights.  Many consider him the second best DL out there in FA, so he'll likely get it too.  And should the Colts pony up (pardon the pun) many here will be mad at the outlay it took to land him, I fear.

Maybe Pat knew something you didn't? At the price I am glad we passed on him.

Everyone should be, Miami is paying him Peyton Manning money, and he's not even the best in the league at his position. It's dumbfounding how much Miami is overpaying for Suh, this is  the type of deal that will ruin them down the line.

What they just did was bump up the average for the top 5 DT's to make it next to impossible to franchise tag any of them. Suh us risky because of his behavior, so do the Phins think giving him a boatload of cash makes him a better person??

Hold on...

Suh, Maclin deals not done yet, per league sources.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk)

March 10, 2015

I wonder what the hitch in the terms is? There's something there that somebody doesn't like. I'd imagine they work it out for the kind of case we're talking about, but it's still fascinating.