Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We Win....now Torn...

cmgww

This really tears me....I am SO GLAD we won, let me say that.

BUT

What if we win out and lose the #1 pick?? It's not out of the realm of possibility...Houston just lost to Carolina, Jax got KILLED by Atlanta

I hate for the Colts to lose games as a fan, but we all know that the #1 pick, regardless of what we do with it (trade for picks, draft Luck)...is very important to the future of the team

So I am torn now...

What are your thoughts??

i think it depends on how these guys finish the season performance wise, not so much in wins or losses, but more how each player plays, and after getting a win, may just amp them all up, get that good feeling and carry over in the final 2, and may all play well. so they might end up not feeling the need to get alot of early round help on D, that would be the typical.

LOL-- I know what you're saying.... and looking at the Rams and Vikings remaining games, I honestly do not see them winning another game. Gonna make for a very interesting end to the season. Think of it this way-- this time every year, we worry about playoff elimination and I get that nervous feeling in my gut. Now I have it as usual, but over the remaining 2 games!

This season is lost, so for the long term good of the team, whether that means getting Luck or a huge bounty in trade, I want the Colts to have the first overall draft pick. That means that if St. Louis and Minnie do not win again this year, I want the Colts to go 0-1-1 in their final two games. If both Minnie and the Rams win one more game, then I want the Colts to go 1-0-1 in their final two games. If both the Vikings and Rams win out, then I want the Colts to go 2-0 in the final two games.

As a fan, I am looking at the big picture and from a big picture perspective, I want what will most improve the team for NEXT year, now that this year is lost. It will always hurt me to see them lose a game, though.

BUT

What if we win out and lose the #1 pick?? It's not out of the realm of possibility...Houston just lost to Carolina, Jax got KILLED by Atlanta

I hate for the Colts to lose games as a fan, but we all know that the #1 pick, regardless of what we do with it (trade for picks, draft Luck)...is very important to the future of the team

So I am torn now...

What are your thoughts??

Looking at it from your point of view..

we're one game up with 2 to play...

Dont worry...

But celebrate a win....The franchise needed it..and we need to close the home season with a win..

BUT

So I am torn now...

What are your thoughts??

The #1 pick is a roll of the dice... I would totally NOT want it.

Brees 2nd round

Brady 6th round

Rodgers 23rd in the first round

Big Ben 12th or so....

Alex Smith 1

Carson Palmer 1

David Carr 1

Cam Newton 1 or Andy Dalton 2nd round, and AJ Green in the 1st... they are set.

I am totally against taking a QB first overall. Peyton Manning is the exception.... the rest have been below average.

All I wanted this season was one win. We got it. Now it's time to lose. The rest of the season does not matter, Peyton has been confirmed he wont be playing, and we have a ton of injuries anyways. We're done. Let's get the 1st round pick and worry about next season.

This season is lost, so for the long term good of the team, whether that means getting Luck or a huge bounty in trade, I want the Colts to have the first overall draft pick. That means that if St. Louis and Minnie do not win again this year, I want the Colts to go 0-1-1 in their final two games. If both Minnie and the Rams win one more game, then I want the Colts to go 1-0-1 in their final two games. If both the Vikings and Rams win out, then I want the Colts to go 2-0 in the final two games. As a fan, I am looking at the big picture and from a big picture perspective, I want what will most improve the team for NEXT year, now that this year is lost. It will always hurt me to see them lose a game, though.

Totally with you on this one. I want to see the Colts win, but yesterday's win didn't mean much to me. I also didn't get to see it due to where I live so maybe it would have been fun to see, but it really is meaningless.

This season is lost, so for the long term good of the team, whether that means getting Luck or a huge bounty in trade, I want the Colts to have the first overall draft pick. That means that if St. Louis and Minnie do not win again this year, I want the Colts to go 0-1-1 in their final two games. If both Minnie and the Rams win one more game, then I want the Colts to go 1-0-1 in their final two games. If both the Vikings and Rams win out, then I want the Colts to go 2-0 in the final two games.

As a fan, I am looking at the big picture and from a big picture perspective, I want what will most improve the team for NEXT year, now that this year is lost. It will always hurt me to see them lose a game, though.

Rocky..Dont worry about it..

The Bears have somewhat folded...and Minnesota host the Bears the last day of the year....

The Bears will enter that game with a 5-game losing streak, (they play GB on Xmas day)

..and they will enter it probably without Jay Cutler, Matt Forte and Johnny Knox...

Minnesota will win a 3rd game and the Rams wont draft Andrew Luck because they have millions guaranteed tied up in their QB now..

..so we can win

It's like needing surgery. No way do I want it, but if I had it, it would make my future better.

Hmmm. actually, to use your analogy, it would be like needing a surgery to fail, because you wanted to be reincarnated, and you are expecting the doctors who have trained all of their life to heal.....to fail on purpose. It still makes absolutely no sense.

I don't want the Colts to win another game. I realize there are no guarantees. Schlicter and to a much lesser degree, George proved that, but here's why we need to draft Andrew Luck. The following is a list of Colts QB's that have started at least 1 game for the Colts in the 16 yrs. between the Bert Jones era and the Peyton Manning era....Mike Pagel, Mark Hermann, Art Schlichter, Matt Kofler, Jack Trudeau, Gary Hogeboom, Blair Kiel, Chris Chandler, Tom Ramsey, Jeff George, Jim Harbaugh, Don Majkowski, Browning Nagel, Craig Erickson, Paul Justin, and Kelly Holcomb....... GO HOUSTON!!!

You shouldn't be torn!

I'm happy, that this team can play even being torn by injuries (incl. Manning). You could say, that NE've spared it's force for most important games, but for Titans a win would've been vital.

Anyway 1st pick isn't in great danger, even if we would win all remaining games. Our "rivals" may pick 1 or 2 wins.

I think it would be nice drafting Luck, but the team shouldn't be tanking for that.

We shouldn't be sharpening this thread to "go for Luck or die". Luck, himself alone won't be the cure for Colts' problems.

You shouldn't be torn!

I'm happy, that this team can play even being torn by injuries (incl. Manning). You could say, that NE've spared it's force for most important games, but for Titans a win would've been vital.

Anyway 1st pick isn't in great danger, even if we would win all remaining games. Our "rivals" may pick 1 or 2 wins.

I think it would be nice drafting Luck, but the team shouldn't be tanking for that.

We shouldn't be sharpening this thread to "go for Luck or die". Luck, himself alone won't be the cure for Colts' problems.

The Vikes may beat the Skins or the Bears, but the Rams have little or no chance at beating the Steelers or 49ers. We can't win out.

So what if we lose the #1 pick? Why does that matter if we are winning? The off season works out in a way that's best for, or representative of the state of the team. It's nothing: I repeat, NOTHING if we "miss out" on an unproven college player.

Should every team in the league tank when a prospect like Luck, Suh, or Peterson comes along? Why try to win games when you can get a college player?

So what if we lose the #1 pick? Why does that matter if we are winning? The off season works out in a way that's best for, or representative of the state of the team. It's nothing: I repeat, NOTHING if we "miss out" on an unproven college player.

Should every team in the league tank when a prospect like Luck, Suh, or Peterson comes along? Why try to win games when you can get a college player?

I didn't say we should tank or do I believe for one minute that we would. I'm saying I hope we lose. You say it's NOTHING to lose the chance at Luck. I say; you must be out of your mind.

I didn't say we should tank or do I believe for one minute that we would. I'm saying I hope we lose. You say it's NOTHING to lose the chance at Luck. I say; you must be out of your mind.

Well there are a lot of fans that want to win as many games as we can and let the draft take care of it's self. That's what will happen anyway. If we get the # 1 pick so be it but winning is what's on the players minds. The players are professionals and want to win.

By the way no poster is out of their mind because they posted their thoughts.

I don't want the Colts to win another game. I realize there are no guarantees. Schlicter and to a much lesser degree, George proved that, but here's why we need to draft Andrew Luck. The following is a list of Colts QB's that have started at least 1 game for the Colts in the 16 yrs. between the Bert Jones era and the Peyton Manning era....Mike Pagel, Mark Hermann, Art Schlichter, Matt Kofler, Jack Trudeau, Gary Hogeboom, Blair Kiel, Chris Chandler, Tom Ramsey, Jeff George, Jim Harbaugh, Don Majkowski, Browning Nagel, Craig Erickson, Paul Justin, and Kelly Holcomb....... GO HOUSTON!!!

Shameless bump.

No one should feel bad about us losing out. Lets look back at the last few months. There has been nothing but non-stop talk about the Colts getting the #1 pick. What they would do with it, trade Manning, trade the pick. etc. It was the only thing that us Colts fans had to hang our hats on. It gave us hope. The team was playing like bums. I am sorry. Its the truth. Then out of know where they start playing better. I am not even talking about the QB situation. Everyone all of a sudden looked like they wanted to actually win a few games. I dont understand myself. I wll say that the last two victories have come because the opponents had just horrible, horrilbe games. I think Jax will put up a fight. Its their last game and its at home. We will see. But at this point in the season with all the soap opera like drama comming from the Colts, I sure wish they wouldnt have put us fans in this position to want them to lose. Right?