Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Do You Donald Brown Haters Have To Say Now?

Blue Horseshoe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two good games over two seasons does not make for a good career.

IF he can do consistently well then you know what? Great! Maybe he just had a slow start in the NFL over his first three seasons and is finally coming in to his own.

As of right now, he's a bust and only he can write his own destiny.

Donald Brown is the best runner on this team right now. Addai is best all around back but is always hurt and has no burst. Carter has fumblitis. Brown is the only guy with game breaking speed. He adds much needed pop to the offense.

Thank God for Donald Brown and his game clinching 80+ yard touchdown run. He saved us from Caldwell's ultra conservativeness at the end of the game. If we had gone 3 & out again right there I would have lost my mind.

Donald Brown is the best runner on this team right now. Addai is best all around back but is always hurt and has no burst. Carter has fumblitis. Brown is the only guy with game breaking speed. He adds much needed pop to the offense.

Thank God for Donald Brown and his game clinching 80+ yard touchdown run. He saved us from Caldwell's ultra conservativeness at the end of the game. If we had gone 3 & out again right there I would have lost my mind.

I really thought we were gonna go 3 and out. I was so worried that they might have a chance to score. When brown turned the corner and got the block from orlovsky I knew he was gone!

IF he can do consistently well then you know what? Great! Maybe he just had a slow start in the NFL over his first three seasons and is finally coming in to his own.

I agree He needs more good games, but IMO he is the best runner on the team and hes a good reciving back.

I really thought we were gonna go 3 and out. I was so worried that they might have a chance to score. When brown turned the corner and got the block from orlovsky I knew he was gone!

I was yelling my head off on that Orlovsky block and watching Brown bust it. It was great to feel that excited over Colts football again. :td:

I agree Brown's td run saved us. I felt Caldwell would have called for 3 runs up the middle and who knows what could have happened after that.

Two good games?

He's been the most successful and most consistent running back on the team this year since they put him in. He has improved his inside running and his blocking, while retaining his rare outside explosion as demonstrated today (and on multiple outside TD rushes earlier this season. He just tied the Colts record for the longest run from scrimmage, while putting up the highest single game total a Colt has had since I can't remember when. And by the way he is also a good receiver, they just haven't had a QB this year who can demonstrate it. What POSSIBLE reason do you have for continuing to search for reasons to denigrate and label the man? I'm thrilled that we appear to have the most effective combination of running backs in many many years, and some fullbacks who are making an impression as well. Check one position off the list, and move on to one of the others that are far more concerning. Donald Brown is NOT and never has been, a bust.

Would you have preferred that they throw the ball? They don't have a QB. Bad things happen when they throw the ball. A three and out would given the Titans the ball with less than 2 minutes to go and no time outs. I can certainly understand the Colts thinking that the odds of their defense preventing a TD under those circumstances were better than the odds of a successful passing attack. How many interceptions and sack/fumbles have we seen this year? No thanks.

Would you have preferred that they throw the ball? They don't have a QB. Bad things happen when they throw the ball. A three and out would given the Titans the ball with less than 2 minutes to go and no time outs. I can certainly understand the Colts thinking that the odds of their defense preventing a TD under those circumstances were better than the odds of a successful passing attack. How many interceptions and sack/fumbles have we seen this year? No thanks.

He went conservative mode with about nine minutes left in the game though. That is way too soon. At least run on 1st and 2nd and pass on 3rd down to try to pick up the first to keep the chains & clock moving. Orlovsky was actually playing decently. I understand clock control but we started in on the conservative mode too soon. Further, we compounded this by playing the soft prevent D allowing the Titans to draw close. Playing not to lose often backfires and gets you beat. Brown willed us to the win today. The run play was busted but he made it into something big. If he is stopped initially, we probably go 3 and out yet again with about 2 minutes on the clock and who knows how this one ends up.

Topics like this do not fit very well with the year we have had its not haters lnfao just fans looking at the facts for what they are. He has to show a lot more than what he has............. just say he had a good game and hope he gets feed more often to see what he can do with more carries.

I knew we shouldnt of used that 4th rounder on delone. All we needed was a FB for short yadage situations. Look what fullbacks have done for us, we are doing pretty good rushing the ball. Felton and Mahaffey

I like delone, he fights for the extra yardage.. if Delone hadnt fumbled brown probably would have never got to see the field much cause delone carter knows how to run the ball.. but i dont see him getting alot of carries unless addai is gone.

He's had more than 2 good games...

You have to be honest about that..

I agree He needs more good games, but IMO he is the best runner on the team and hes a good reciving back.

He was good with a FB, but how often are the Colts going to use that with Manning or Luck? My gut feeling is not very often. So, will he be able to consistently replicate this performance? Hard to say. Also, his blocking is questionable at best, so is he that valuable in the offensive scheme that the Colts would normally run? He hasn't proven to be this far. As far as a receiving back, I would say he was mediocre at best over the last couple of seasons with Manning throwing to him. So that is another area in which he is going to have to show some more consistency. He has always had the potential, but he hasn't lived up to it until today. Let's hope that this is a trend and not just an apparition. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not hating on him, I'm just not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet. Donald, I encourage you to show me more. That's all I ask.

What an awesome game. He's really turning the corner this year. He's turning into the 1st rounder we thought he'd be. It's starting to look like Delone Carter is the odd man out now.

Dude are you crazy Carter is not the odd man out. If anything Addai is. Carter is on his rookie contract for what three years. So he's got two more. Addai signed a 1 or 2 yr contract and has played like ^chiz^ all season long. He cant stay healthy and just cant hit a hole anymore. He is last on the team in rushing. Carter has looked pretty good while given a chance. He's been fumbling but to me thats just nerves and adjusting to the harder hitting nfl players. Carter is going no where. Addai will most likely be gone.

Dude are you crazy Carter is not the odd man out. If anything Addai is. Carter is on his rookie contract for what three years. So he's got two more. Addai signed a 1 or 2 yr contract and has played like ^chiz^ all season long. He cant stay healthy and just cant hit a hole anymore. He is last on the team in rushing. Carter has looked pretty good while given a chance. He's been fumbling but to me thats just nerves and adjusting to the harder hitting nfl players. Carter is going no where. Addai will most likely be gone.

Addai signed a 3 yr 12 or so mil contract i beleve

Addai signed a 3 yr 12 or so mil contract i beleve

Ahh i wasnt sure on the contract he got. Ive slept since the offseason lol. I was hoping it was shorter than that so we could dump him after this season. I do not trust him running the ball he has looked horrible. Idc if he can pass block he's a running back not a OL. If they want better pass blockers draft more OL

I was wrong.

I take back every negative thing I have ever said about Brown.

WIthout question he has been a huge bright spot in what has been a very bad season. With that said this cuts two ways, for years people have screamed Brown was one of Polian's biggest mistakes if Brown has finally developed into the running back Polian thought he was getting when he drafted then people have to back off just a little bit on Polian ^messing^ up first round draft picks. Again just a little bit because Gonzo is on his way out the door and Hughes needs a Donald Brown type season or he's going to join Gonzo on his way out of town next year.

I was wrong.

WIthout question he has been a huge bright spot in what has been a very bad season. With that said this cuts two ways, for years people have screamed Brown was one of Polian's biggest mistakes if Brown has finally developed into the running back Polian thought he was getting when he drafted then people have to back off just a little bit on Polian ^messing^ up first round draft picks. Again just a little bit because Gonzo is on his way out the door and Hughes needs a Donald Brown type season or he's going to join Gonzo on his way out of town next year.

I hope Gonzales is not 'on his way out' because he simply needs to get healthy and he would not have excelled this year with out trio of Backups QBs anyway././.

I think this season was a lucky break for him....If Manning had played...a focus would have been...where Gonzo...

I wish I could see one oustanding play out of Jerry Hughes to give me hope he could have a day like Brown had today...

I was wrong.

i will give you a lot of credit for saying this. with the majority of posters saying he is a bust the past two years, you are the only one to stand up and say you were wrong.

hopefully the colts have learned how important it is to have a fb. the idea of having a dl as a fb was one of the dumbest ideas i have seen. having to keep addai in to block was wasting hes receiving abilities and giving lb's a break. it will be great to see lb's having to cover addai and brown while the fb stays in to block. this would also free up space for the wr's.

Ok my turn to rebut your incorrect facts. Addai signed a 3 year contract, like Carter. The only reason he's last on the team in rushing yards is because he missed half the games this year. Let me get this straight:

I NEVER SAID THAT CARTER WAS GOING TO LEAVE!!! I'm just saying, Addai is the starter, and Brown is the best performing back leaving Carter just there. He doesn't even get carries anymore. I love him going forward, and he's gonna need a guy like Addai going forward for mentoring and teaching him the system.

I was one of the brown critics and still am. I'm stoked he's had a few good games and will be even more if he keeps ur up but no time to call anybody out because he's had a few good games. Hope he does well but me and everybody else who was a critic had every right to be. Still 1-15 but will enjoy this win for a few days

No reason not to keep all 3... One area we do not have to draft...
Its like the best or smartest monkey in the room that someone else mentioned, Colts need an upgrade at RB. Addai is broken down for good. Delone Carter has shown talent right out the gate. Brown has taken 3 years to have 3 or 4 decent games.Running backs, especially 1st rounders hit the ground running. It would be nice if brown suddenly became Marshall faulk and all the planets lined up. However the reality is, when Caldwells time is up, and the Colts hire a profesional coaching staff, Addai and Brown will be cut loose and a search will begin for better talent at many positions on this team. When brown first came, I was exited because the talent level at RB has sucked since Edge left. Addai was a cheap stop gap that has deteriorated to this point. He has had his day, and now, so has Donald. I still have some hope for Delone, mostly because of what the other backs bring to the table.

there seems to be alot of polian bashing on this forum. i know not all, but some of the bashing has been because of recent draft picks. donald brown is showing what he can do behind a decent o-line. the kid put chris johnson to shame! it was exciting to watch him today. he may have missed on jerry hughes but man....did he nail it on angerer!! our 2nd round pick looks like a top 5 pick to me! you have give bill a little credit. no one is gonna hit them all,but if you can hit on a diamond in the 2nd round...thats a grand slam to me! angerer is a freakin terror!!!! thats my opinion anyway.

I hope Gonzales is not 'on his way out' because he simply needs to get healthy and he would not have excelled this year with out trio of Backups QBs anyway././.

I think this season was a lucky break for him....If Manning had played...a focus would have been...where Gonzo...

I wish I could see one oustanding play out of Jerry Hughes to give me hope he could have a day like Brown had today...

Man...we've been waiting for Gonzo to get healthy for three years. It has nothing to do with our backup quarterbacks because he can't get on the field to even try to catch their errant passes. It's time to cut ties and get him out of here. I'm sick of waiting on Gonzo. He's contributed little to nothing to this team since 2008. This was a make or break year for him and he came up broke.