Mike Adams

Jerrell Freeman

Josh Gordy

AQ Shipley

Matt Overton

Boom Herron

(Extend Castonzo and TY)

-Free agents-

Kenny Britt- WR: played well last year when given the opportunity. Basically replaces Hakeem with the low risk, high reward WR.

Clint Boling- OG: What really surprised me is he's only 25 despite being in the league for so long. He's played very well so far in his career and would be a great addition, IMO.

Dan Williams- NT: Played well as of late, will do his job clogging up running lanes for our D.

Greg Hardy- DE: Comes at a discount because of his issues, his talent is undeniable.

Rahim Moore- S: With all the guys the Broncos have to worry about, I'm hoping he slips through the cracks and hits the open market. He's infamous for his Fail Mary play, but he's a good and young safety.

-Draft-

Round 1- Eric Kendricks ILB UCLA: Love this kid. Playmaker in coverage and against the run. He's a 3 down LB and would be a great pick.

Round 2- Jake Fisher OT Oregon: Replaces Cherilus. Him to the Colts in the second just makes sense to me. Would complete our line.

Round 3- Jay Ajayi RB Boise State: Big, quick, good hands, natural runner, my third favorite back in the draft. Could start day 1 behind our now revamped OL.

Round 4- Adrian Amos- S Penn State: Great cover guy, suspect tackling. But he has starter ability.

Round 5- Stefon Diggs- WR Maryland: Will fall due to durability and technique concerns, but he measured as big as you could hope and has big hands, and was just a playmaker when on the field.

Round 6- Terry Williams- NT East Carolina: My favorite pick in this draft, if he falls this far. Gigantic and powerful. He could develop behind Williams and be a very good player.

Round 6- Imoan Claiborne- CB Northwestern State: probably not much more than a slot guy, but he's got ability. Late round flier.

Round 7- Frank Clark- OLB Michigan: Off the field issues? Sure. But he's a freak athlete and a good pass rusher who plays the run well too, and is worth a 7th. Worst case we cut him, best case a late round steal.

My main priorities this offseason are: fix the OL, get a talented RB, and add talent to the defense. This does that.

adrian amos is my favorite pick but love kendricks and frank clark as well, i'd take a chance on him just purely based on his athletic upside.

after looking into terry williams he could be a steal for the interior d-line nice choice huge guy i think over 350 and seems like a tough run stopper who's always in the backfield not sure if he'd fall to the 6th though lot of talented depth in the DL class though

Nice list there Nobody. I appreciate the time & energy you devoted to it. Very impressive. 

My biggest red flag is this though: "Greg Hardy- DE: Comes at a discount because of his issues, his talent is undeniable." 

When a domestic violence victim cannot be found for a trial that horrifies me, I can't get past his short fuse anger issues. No way do I wanna see Mr. Hardy in the blue horseshoe ever. 

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/02/19/greg-hardy-nfl/

I like it. I do like Dawson better than Kendricks though. I think Hardy, Williams, and Moore would drastically improve our D. Williams gives us a run stuffing NT who doesn't get moved, Hardy gives us a double digit sack threat, and Moore gives us a ball hawking FS. And Boling improves our O-Line by a freaking country mile.

who do we have proven outside of Hilton. Wayne is shallow shell ready to crack. Nicks is probably gone, Carter is a beast but we just don't know how he will fare in the NFL. We need another proven guy to help Hilton out.

Drafting a WR is more realistic because a FA WR will not want to come to be the de facto 4th WR

I like it. I do like Dawson better than Kendricks though. I think Hardy, Williams, and Moore would drastically improve our D. Williams gives us a run stuffing NT who doesn't get moved, Hardy gives us a double digit sack threat, and Moore gives us a ball hawking FS. And Boling improves our O-Line by a freaking country mile.

i like perryman, kendricks, and Dawson. The thing that worries me about kendricks and Dawson is their size. I can't think of a Mike that excels In a 3-4 that plays around 240 or less. Especially with our front which is a big ? (Hope grigs picks up another 5 tech in free agency). Their going to have to take on guards and centers, that's why I love perryman. I understand playmakers are playmakers, but if our Defensive line were studs I wouldn't mind Ken or Dawson. The only ones I can think of that excelled in a 3-4 that played the Mike ( and I'm not sure how big they were) are - Timmons, farrior, and foote, but that defensive line was stout.

i like perryman, kendricks, and Dawson. The thing that worries me about kendricks and Dawson is their size. I can't think of a Mike that excels In a 3-4 that plays around 240 or less. Especially with our front which is a big ? (Hope grigs picks up another 5 tech in free agency). Their going to have to take on guards and centers, that's why I love perryman. I understand playmakers are playmakers, but if our Defensive line were studs I wouldn't mind Ken or Dawson. The only ones I can think of that excelled in a 3-4 that played the Mike ( and I'm not sure how big they were) are - Timmons, farrior, and foote, but that defensive line was stout.

I had some slight concern about this too, but I'm confident Dawson can add some weight, and get stronger without losing any quickness or agility. I wasn't very high on Dawson at first, but I've fell in love with the dude lately. IMO after studying up more, and watching more videos of him, I think he's the best ILB in the class and he definitely has the highest ceiling. He's a pure playmaker and that's one thing we're lacking on D right now. He's 6'2 230 now. I think 240ish would be perfect for him, so IMO it wouldn't be an issue. Superman is pretty high on him too, and he knows his stuff. BTW, as for the ILB's at 240 or less. Willis is 6'1 240, and Mosley is 6'2 235.

-Cuts-

Donald Thomas

Trent Richardson

Gosder Cherilus (June 1st)

-Re-sign-

Darius Butler

Joe Reitz

Sergio Brown

Andy Studebaker

Mike Adams

Jerrell Freeman

Josh Gordy

AQ Shipley

Matt Overton

Boom Herron

(Extend Castonzo and TY)

-Free agents-

Kenny Britt- WR: played well last year when given the opportunity. Basically replaces Hakeem with the low risk, high reward WR.

Clint Boling- OG: What really surprised me is he's only 25 despite being in the league for so long. He's played very well so far in his career and would be a great addition, IMO.

Dan Williams- NT: Played well as of late, will do his job clogging up running lanes for our D.

Greg Hardy- DE: Comes at a discount because of his issues, his talent is undeniable.

Rahim Moore- S: With all the guys the Broncos have to worry about, I'm hoping he slips through the cracks and hits the open market. He's infamous for his Fail Mary play, but he's a good and young safety.

-Draft-

Round 1- Eric Kendricks ILB UCLA: Love this kid. Playmaker in coverage and against the run. He's a 3 down LB and would be a great pick.

Round 2- Jake Fisher OT Oregon: Replaces Cherilus. Him to the Colts in the second just makes sense to me. Would complete our line.

Round 3- Jay Ajayi RB Boise State: Big, quick, good hands, natural runner, my third favorite back in the draft. Could start day 1 behind our now revamped OL.

Round 4- Adrian Amos- S Penn State: Great cover guy, suspect tackling. But he has starter ability.

Round 5- Stefon Diggs- WR Maryland: Will fall due to durability and technique concerns, but he measured as big as you could hope and has big hands, and was just a playmaker when on the field.

Round 6- Terry Williams- NT East Carolina: My favorite pick in this draft, if he falls this far. Gigantic and powerful. He could develop behind Williams and be a very good player.

Round 6- Imoan Claiborne- CB Northwestern State: probably not much more than a slot guy, but he's got ability. Late round flier.

Round 7- Frank Clark- OLB Michigan: Off the field issues? Sure. But he's a freak athlete and a good pass rusher who plays the run well too, and is worth a 7th. Worst case we cut him, best case a late round steal.

My main priorities this offseason are: fix the OL, get a talented RB, and add talent to the defense. This does that.

Great post, insightful and intelligent.  I like getting a middle backer, just not sure at #1. I'm not sure why there's so much talk about WR.  We have two pass catching TE's with Moncreif, Hilton, Wayne and Carter as the presumed top four..throw in Cribbs for good measure makes 5.  I'd also rather over invest in the OL before going RB.  I can live with any combo of Boom, Bradshaw, Ballard, and Joe schmo down the street can even run through open holes.  Not sure Hardy fits the 3-4 needs we have, Williams, Moore or Boling are two thumbs up!

Superman is pretty high on him too, and he knows his stuff.

Don't quote me as a reference. I'm a poser.

I agree with you, though. Lots of good 3-4 ILBs that are barely 240, if that. So I'm not worried about Dawson's size.

The issue is that he avoids contact, and no matter how big he is, he's never going to come down, take on a blocker and fill the hole. That leads to some undisciplined play. The upside is that he's really good at avoiding contact, and seems to have an innate ability to get around the blocker and make the stop before the back can even get to the hole. Everyone knows I like and want him.

Our team would look like

QB- Luck

RB- Ajayi/Boom

WR- TY, Moncrief, Carter, Britt, Diggs, (Wayne or Cribbs maybe?)

TE- Allen, Fleener, Doyle

LT- AC

LG- Mewhort

C- Holmes or AQ

RG- Boling

RT- Fisher

DE- RJF, Art Jones

NT- Dan Williams

ILB- Freeman, DQ, Kendricks

OLB- Mathis, Newsome, Clark, Werner, Walden, etc.

(Insert Hardy where best. DL on passing downs like the Seahawks do and OLB on less obvious downs)

CB- Vontae, Toler, Butler

S- Adams/Sergio, Rahim Moore

K- AV

P- Boomstick

Obviously some competition here is needed to form the final roster (I like that) but I'd be a happy fan with this roster, mostly because of the improvements on D and the OL.

Kenny Britt is interesting.  He'd be the 4th reclamation project for our team in 4 years (Avery in year 1, DHB in year 2, Nicks in year 3)

but Britt played very well last year WAYYYY more impressive than i thought he would he was awful before last year if he gave us decent production like he did for the rams i'd take him on a prove it deal just like the others hopefully he works out if not no harm

Our team would look like

QB- Luck

RB- Ajayi/Boom

WR- TY, Moncrief, Carter, Britt, Diggs, (Wayne or Cribbs maybe?)

TE- Allen, Fleener, Doyle

LT- AC

LG- Mewhort

C- Holmes or AQ

RG- Boling

RT- Fisher

DE- RJF, Art Jones

NT- Dan Williams

ILB- Freeman, DQ, Kendricks

OLB- Mathis, Newsome, Clark, Werner, Walden, etc.

(Insert Hardy where best. DL on passing downs like the Seahawks do and OLB on less obvious downs)

CB- Vontae, Toler, Butler

S- Adams/Sergio, Rahim Moore

K- AV

P- Boomstick

Obviously some competition here is needed to form the final roster (I like that) but I'd be a happy fan with this roster, mostly because of the improvements on D and the OL.

maybe for a KR/PR we look at Brad Smith from philly solid return man for them for a while upgrade over cribbs

I had some slight concern about this too, but I'm confident Dawson can add some weight, and get stronger without losing any quickness or agility. I wasn't very high on Dawson at first, but I've fell in love with the dude lately. IMO after studying up more, and watching more videos of him, I think he's the best ILB in the class and he definitely has the highest ceiling. He's a pure playmaker and that's one thing we're lacking on D right now. He's 6'2 230 now. I think 240ish would be perfect for him, so IMO it wouldn't be an issue. Superman is pretty high on him too, and he knows his stuff. BTW, as for the ILB's at 240 or less. Willis is 6'1 240, and Mosley is 6'2 235.

it ties back to my point we need studs up front , well we have one in jones. You mentioned Willis and Mosley , they have some monsters in front of them that allow them to move free. *we need a good front 7

What is your reasoning?

I will start by saying early on he was one of my favorites which was actually one of the things that prompted me to watch more of him

That being said, upon watching him I started seeing things I did not like especially if I was looking at him as the lead back for the Colts.

I really question his power and decision making if he is forced to run between the tackles.

And as much as I hate to say this because I ripped Richardson for not bouncing it outside enough, Ajayi seems to be too far the other direction and want to bounce everything outside.

He does a good job staying up when defenders try to shoulder tackle him but otherwise goes down easily, especially easily with just light hits to the legs/feet .

He would be a good change of pace back for the Colts, but I don't like him as the lead back for what the Colts want to do.

Dustin's scouting profile on him is pretty much spot on to how I seen him as well.  I think 3rd round is a good spot for him for a team that has a power/lead back and is looking to add a change of pace back, or for a team that was looking to use him differently than what I believe the Colts want (and need) from a RB.

-Cuts-

Donald Thomas

Trent Richardson

Gosder Cherilus (June 1st)

-Re-sign-

Darius Butler

Joe Reitz

Sergio Brown

Andy Studebaker

Mike Adams

Jerrell Freeman

Josh Gordy

AQ Shipley

Matt Overton

Boom Herron

(Extend Castonzo and TY)

-Free agents-

-Draft-

I really like what you but I think we have to have more at WR

I actually really like this, which is not something I say to many mocks, so good job.

Love the picks of Kendricks, Fisher and Amos. I think you got those spot on. I don't know enough about the late rounders to question them so I'll trust your judgement on them.

Just a few things though.

1. What are the cap implications if we cut Cherilus? 

2. Ajayi is extremely overrated. I'd much prefer to have either Tevin Coleman, Ameer Abdullah or even David Cobb at that pick. 

3. I don't want Greg Hardy anywhere near this team. He may be a great pass rusher but he's also a wife beating thug. I'd rather look at someone like Tamba Hali (if he gets released).

But overall barring those blemishes, I think that is a good mock.