Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

If anybody wants to question if this was done with a nefarious intent, remember that Tom denied this, literally laughing it off as silly. i.e. He lied already. Will he lie again? 

Exactly!  I want people to remember this - Roger Goodell does NOT like people to lie.  If he interviews Brady and Tom says he had  nothing to do with that, then it later comes out he did, Roger will lay the book down on him hard.  Remember Sean Payton in bountygate?  What was his role? Not much, Gregg Williams and players did it.), What was his penalty?  A Whole_Year suspension!  Not because of his role nor his position (though that might have influenced it some as well).  It was he denied knowledge!  Then come to find out, he did have knowledge.  Bam!!  Roger will Interview Tom and Bill.  Based upon their replies and what is found will determine the scope of the punishment that is laid out.  And it could be (what most would call) minimal to very punitive.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This IS Brady. 100 percent. Every QB interviewed has said they do the game balls not the HC or staff.

No Gramz, I said IF the investigation reveals they did it then yes they should be punished and punished harshly. It is not looking good right now for that to be the case with no proof. That is way they had the investigation to get proof ...

I'm not going back through the entire thread to quote your posts,   but in post #2135  you state this is 100% on Brady... (of course this was in your defense of BB)

100% on Brady it is IF they are found guilty ...

Honestly don't know how they can find him guilty, it all points to him, and you can know in your heart of hearts that Bill knew too, but this is the NFL and they are inconsistent and awful at conducting investigations and dishing out punishments. It could be a "perfect crime" in a sense they can't pin it to Brady doing it but the evidence we already know about is enough to cook him in the minds of the impartial.

Anyone who believes this will end because the NFL cannot find conclusive evidence as to who released the air is fooling themselves. Every excuse is only a lie, that in itself should further complicate things for the Pats. They are literally digging a deeper grave each time they deflect responsibility.

Let's face it, Patriot fans need to quit spewing whatevet ethos they're plugged into and face reality.

100% on Brady it is IF they are found guilty ...

Let me ask you then....

What is YOUR theory on how those balls became deflated.

And, why Brady laughed it off when there is NO way that he didn't know that those balls were deflated.

Big difference is we've pretty much universally denounced Hernandez. You guys still embrace Harrison like nothing happened.

But this is off-topic and this thread is enough of a train wreck. Criticisms of the Patriots are certainly warranted but I can't stand it when sports fans talk about "class" in such a way that any of us really have any idea at all what these guys are truly like as people. 

Nothing did happen with Harrison.  If charges are ever brought against him and he's tried and convicted then I will denounce Harrison but I'm not going to hold it against a player because some DA wants to make a national name for himself by going after a popular football player.

But I do agree that it's funny that people think a players media persona gives them insight into the person themselves.

He's going to say, I like my footballs at the bare legal minimum and then over the coarse of being outside, they deflated making them illegal. Sorry guys.

in an hour and a half in 40 degree temps

while the Colts balls never lost any psi after the ref's inspected and approved them.

Went to bed last night with 49 pages and OMG y'all have been chattering!!!

I'm not a Belicheck fan, but found him to be for the most part believable in his press conference.  

This points right back to Mr. "I'm an f* machine in the winter," if you remember the comments he made some time ago.  Now we know why...

Wow....There's no way I stop watching the Colts, even if the Commish drops the ball on this issue with the Patriots. But, the integrity of the league is tarnished. The NFL has a trust problem.

When Billy B comes out and claims he has no idea about the inner workings of the ball tests, it doesn't make any sense. Thats all the media needed though, to try and change the narrative. They say they believe him. I don't believe anybody that says that. If my kids try to lie to me they are usually quickly found out using occams razor. The truth usually comes to light through basic logic. I'm supposed to believe the media is this gullible.

I see this being a set up for the league to claim not enough evidence was available. Brady 's gonna do the same thing.

It's disheartening to know the Colts were cheated in the AFCCG. I disagree with Dwayne Allen. The NFL is a game of inches. I've watched enough football to know games are won or lost in a couple of plays. Even blow outs can turn on a couple of plays.

The Patriots constantly cheat, run up the score, cheat, talk trash, and cheat. They have their own sports network in ESPN, who slant the narrative to make the Patriots out to be more amazing than they are.

I'm not impressed with Brady's postseason record. he's 11-8 after spygate, and at least one of those wins was the result of cheating. He hasn't won a Superbowl since his team was caught cheating the first time, but according to ESPN he's supposedly the greatest ever. It doesn't pass the logic test.

When it's all said and done I'm coming to the realization that the league is gonna sweep this under the rug. The Colts said something about deflated balls back in November. The league did nothing. The public didn't even hear about it. They said something again in the AFCCG. Only this time the Colts made sure the NFL had to address it, by leaking it to Kravitz. If Kravitz never tweeted Sunday night, we would still know nothing about it. Now we see the beginning stages of an all out cover up. Everyone will just deny it, the league will downplay Mortensons tweet, and they will finish it off with a "not enough evidence" announcement. ESPN will claim sour grapes on the Colts part, and the rest will be history.

How on Earth could Belichick not know the balls are supposed to be inflated to a certain PSI? I don't know that I read/saw that he stated that specifically, but I get the impression he's suggesting he had no clue there were so many rules regarding the balls. Personally, I have learned a lot more about how the balls are supposed to be, but I'm not a head coach. I don't have the opportunity to see how they are secured, etc. before a game.