Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots being investigated for Deflating footballs.....(Mega Merge)

RealityIsLuck

Guys the caller from Indiana knows Luck's psi preference it's settled now and in no way could the Patriots have intentionally tampered with their footballs while the Colts balls remained the same psi all game.

I am just relaying info as I get it. You can ignore it if you want ...

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apples and hammers as you would say. There was a hit ring going on in New Orleans. We are talking about the psi of game balls that are only handled by the QB and the equipment manager. I still think Bill gets fined or maybe Kraft because you have to hold them accountable for a rule violation whether they knew about it or not but no draft pick or suspension I would think. I think this comes down on Brady or perhaps the league. What Brady says is crucial to this whole thing. He can shed the most light.

We are talking about multiple offenses in a championship game that ruins the integrity of the sport, not an issue with player safety. Bountygate could be the same as Rice or any other type of violent crime it just happened to be on the field but this is an integrity of the game issue. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Apples and hammers as you would say. There was a hit ring going on in New Orleans. We are talking about the psi of game balls that are only handled by the QB and the equipment manager. I still think Bill gets fined or maybe Kraft because you have to hold them accountable for a rule violation whether they knew about it or not but no draft pick or suspension I would think. I think this comes down on Brady or perhaps the league. What Brady says is crucial to this whole thing. He can shed the most light.

multiple offenses same staff.

Despite the fact we are still debating the type of offense this is and whether it's better or worse than other types of offenses, or debating the science around the ball, at least we aren't listening to First Take debate on whether or not God has an impact on sporting events.

i don't think pats fans should bring up murder histories. Marvin wasn't even charged. Where is Hernandez living these days?

Big difference is we've pretty much universally denounced Hernandez. You guys still embrace Harrison like nothing happened.

But this is off-topic and this thread is enough of a train wreck. Criticisms of the Patriots are certainly warranted but I can't stand it when sports fans talk about "class" in such a way that any of us really have any idea at all what these guys are truly like as people. 

Listening to WEEI online and the sports guys mentioned that Brady addressed the team today ahead of his press conference.  (They mentioned that someone had tweeted that and I didn't catch a name.)

Really makes you wonder if he isn't going to take the bullet for this.

Edit:

"Brady reportedly addressed his teammates behind closed doors at Thursday's team meeting. Per teammates, he told them he prefers the football "a certain way." He also told them to stay focused on next Sunday's game against the Seattle Seahawks."

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Tom-Brady-to-Speak-Amid-Deflategate-Controversy-289470601.html

Big difference is we've pretty much universally denounced Hernandez. You guys still embrace Harrison like nothing happened.

But this is off-topic and this thread is enough of a train wreck. Criticisms of the Patriots are certainly warranted but I can't stand it when sports fans talk about "class" in such a way that any of us really have any idea at all what these guys are truly like as people.

you brought it up. And Marvin has yet to be charged

Not universally true, Marv was always pretty stoic on the field, almost emotionless, & that was a respectable trait during a time when recievers like Ocho Cinco were creating elaborate & sometimes embarrassing TD celebrations, but the Colts fans I was around, the guys I went to College with during Marv's heyday, all suspected Marv of being suspect to a thuggish North Philly personal life...

After the ordeal it confirmed our suspicions...

Always been a bigger fan of Reggie...

Have you read or listening to Bill's press conference? He said the Pats keep their balls at the lowest acceptable psi. He said going forward they will make sure to inflate past the minimum so the balls don't dip below the accepted minimum limit after use.

In terms of the footballs, it has not been revealed if the Colts balls lost pressure. Only that they were within the acceptable limit when examined which makes sense as Luck likes his balls inflated more than Brady. If the Pats balls were right at the minimum than it stands to reason that all of them would have lost air and be below the range. I agree with you that if all the balls are the same amount (2lbs) under than something is fishy here but as you have said before, the NFL has to prove the tampering. Brady is going to speak today at 3:45 p.m. EST. Bill basically handed this mess off to him so he must have insights into this.

FYI - word here is the Pats org is very upset at Brady and that he may have been careless with his prep. Not sure if that is just a rumor or a way to deflect off of Bill but that is what the scuttle is here.

So much for Kravitz wanting Kraft to fire Bill, eh? lol.

The LOL would be appropriate if we can take BB at his word . LOL on that one too.

LOL at comparing Harrison to Hernandez.  Hernandez is completely undefendable physcopath, which was unravelled both in his trial and time in prison.  Harrison hasn't even been charged with murder, just happens to own businesses in a bad part of Philly where murders were committed near.  He's such a rotten person he did this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/14/marvin-harrison-man-in-underwear-shot-at-in-philadelphia/

Adam Schefter on SportsCenter: NFL Having a Hard Time Finding Evidence of Tampering.

Story over.

Stop complaining about nothing. Your team lost to a far superior team that wasn't doing anything intentional to gain an advantage.

Relax rook. Someone is taking the fall for this but most likely will be Brady making excuses that the media will somehow buy just like they bought BB this morning thinking that he knew nothing. 1 or 2 balls maybe, but 11 of 12 after being inspected and approved by the refs? Unless the NFL truly likes having their integrity questioned by fans and players and being a laughing stock that fans and players lose trust in.

ESPN NY reporting impartial staff will handle balls at SB: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12211433/super-bowl-xlix-game-balls-maintained-impartial-equipment-manager

Edit: When Schefter says NFL is having a hard time finding evidence of tampering he most certainly means the Patriots tampering claim against Woody Johnson and the Jets for his remarks on Revis.

Won't happen with this though without proof ...

But you do think he's guilty.   You have stated it many times throughout this thread.

And now you say if they can't find proof, then he must be innocent, or he won't be held accountable,  or it's okay if he did it as long as it can't be proven?  smh

Don't understand the concept of tongue-in-cheek huh? See my other comments from yesterday. There is no ducking, dodging, diving, or deflecting from me. Regardless of the advantage it did or did not provide, and regardless of the fact that the Colts didn't even show up last weekend (ask Dwayne Allen), if they're guilty, they should be punished. 

Either way that was a completely unnecessary personal shot. So thanks for that. 

You're very concerned about "class" in sports... but you probably don't care much about Irsay's track record, or that Marvin Harrison probably had something to do with someone getting murdered. But whatever. We're evil, got it. Embrace the hate. 

So what has that have to do with this? You bring up off field issues. That is not the case. The Colts not playing good has zero to do with this. But as a Patriot fan it is your nature to deflect any blame by making reference to other things. That's OK, all of us know exactly what id going on. Your are correct. I do hate a cheater and someone that don't have a clue as to what integrity is.

Why? The balls didn't deflate themselves exactly 2psi in an hour and a half.

Unless you come up with videotape of Belichick sticking an inflation needle into the balls, along with his fingerprints and some kind of DNA evidence, you're never going to convince some Pats fans.

But you do think he's guilty.   You have stated it many times throughout this thread.

And now you say if they can't find proof, then he must be innocent, or he won't be held accountable,  or it's okay if he did it as long as it can't be proven?  smh

No Gramz, I said IF the investigation reveals they did it then yes they should be punished and punished harshly. It is not looking good right now for that to be the case with no proof. That is way they had the investigation to get proof ...

NEWSFLASH!!!!

The Patriots head coach Bil Noaircheck has stated he had no knowledge of the underpressure game balls. "Brady's balls are his business the controversial coach stated, "all I know he is constantly squeezing them". Brady stated, " I feel no pressure on this issue as I like my balls squeezably soft, ya know, like Charmin tissue." The commissioner is "pumped up" said his staff members and intends to apply heavy pressure on the entire New England front office located between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI Blvd.

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said of the matter, "his is over-inflated in my view as our performance last Sunday had nothing to do with balls as we played like we had none.".

No Gramz, I said IF the investigation reveals they did it then yes they should be punished and punished harshly. It is not looking good right now for that to be the case with no proof. That is way they had the investigation to get proof ...

they did it, its obvious

NEWSFLASH!!!!

The Patriots head coach Bil Noaircheck has stated he had no knowledge of the underpressure game balls. "Brady's balls are his business the controversial coach stated, "all I know he is constantly squeezing them". Brady stated, " I feel no pressure on this issue as I like my balls squeezably soft, ya know, like Charmin tissue." The commissioner is "pumped up" said his staff members and intends to apply heavy pressure on the entire New England front office located between 12.5 and 13.5 PSI Blvd.

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said of the matter, "his is over-inflated in my view as our performance last Sunday had nothing to do with balls as we played like we had none.".

wha???

attempt at the funny???

I know this week has channeled my inner beavis & butthead bigtime...

huh huh... huh huh... he said balls again...