Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck runs through Peyton, Brady and Rodgers?

Hoosierdome93

Think of the QB's Luck will have to go threw to get a ring this year. Do you think he can lead our Colts threw all of them. I do

Its going to happen

Believe it

GO COLTS

Apologies in advance for being the dreaded grammar Nazi,  but Luck won't be going "threw" any of those QB's or teams.

But, he'll try and go.....   "through" them.....

Sorry.....  :peek:            :giveup:

I think that kid playing QB in Seattle might have something to say about Rodgers, but Luck is doing great, hope he keeps it up.

I agree Wilson will have a say, but Peyton, Brady and Rodgers are considered by most to be the top 3 and it just so happens that Luck may have to match up with all 3. Its exciting!

Apologies in advance for being the dreaded grammar Nazi, but Luck won't be going "threw" any of those QB's or teams.

But, he'll try and go..... "through" them.....

Sorry..... :peek::giveup:

Brought to you by the guy who got mad at me when he forgot Josh Cribbs name lol.

Brought to you by the guy who got mad at me when he forgot Josh Cribbs name lol.

Seriously?    You don't see the difference between forgetting a guy's name and not knowing the basic English language?

The OP didn't make the mistake once -- he made it twice.    One in the thread title,  and again in the body of the post.

I appreciate that nobody's perfect,  that's why I went out of my way to at least be polite.   You'll note my apology and use of emoticons.      I wasn't a jerk about it.    Which is more than I can say for you.

Give up, while you're behind.    Far, far behind.

Seriously? You don't see the difference between forgetting a guy's name and not knowing the basic English language?

The OP didn't make the mistake once -- he made it twice. One in the thread title, and again in the body of the post.

I appreciate that nobody's perfect, that's why I went out of my way to at least be polite. You'll note my apology and use of emoticons. I wasn't a jerk about it. Which is more than I can say for you.

Give up, while you're behind. Far, far behind.

i won't lie I don't come a forum looking for perfect use of the English language. As long as you can tell what the person means that's good enough for me but maybe that's just me.

Seriously? You don't see the difference between forgetting a guy's name and not knowing the basic English language?

The OP didn't make the mistake once -- he made it twice. One in the thread title, and again in the body of the post.

I appreciate that nobody's perfect, that's why I went out of my way to at least be polite. You'll note my apology and use of emoticons. I wasn't a jerk about it. Which is more than I can say for you.

Give up, while you're behind. Far, far behind.

lmao

Still taking everything way too seriously.

Settle down buddy. I was joking the first time around, and I'm joking now as well.

lmao

Still taking everything way too seriously.

Settle down buddy. I was joking the first time around, and I'm joking now as well.

Hey,  I didn't bring this up....   you did....

But,  on a day after a huge win,  I'm happy to settle down!    Boy,  that was a LOT of fun yesterday!

Peace.....  :thmup:

Apologies in advance for being the dreaded grammar Nazi,  but Luck won't be going "threw" any of those QB's or teams.

But, he'll try and go.....   "through" them.....

Sorry.....  :peek:            :giveup:

pssst...."try and" is grammatically incorrect about 95% of the time.  The only time it would be grammatically ok is if it were "try, and".  The correct phrase would be he'll try to go through them. ;)

pssst...."try and" is grammatically incorrect about 95% of the time.  The only time it would be grammatically ok is if it were "try, and".  The correct phrase would be he'll try to go through them. ;)

Pssst....    I think we both know you're full of it.

Your way might be considered preferable,  but my way is acceptable.

If submitted to be graded,  I don't think it would come back marked as a mistake.

You really should try to resist letting your inner-smart a** out.     It's not a good look for you.    ;)

Hey, I didn't bring this up.... you did....

But, on a day after a huge win, I'm happy to settle down! Boy, that was a LOT of fun yesterday!

Peace..... :thmup:

I brought it up with the intention you might laugh it off, but alas lol.

Enjoy the W. I mean you no harm haha.

Me think Seattel wins on this weekend, to.  I are a great Rodger's fan, butt (haha butt...), he knee be injurred.  Kinda lyke Payton Manning.  Tuff to play at a hi lvl. when your hurt.  B-sides, if...and BIG If, i would rather Colt knocks off the defending supabowl champs.  Wanta shut up all tha HATERZZZZZ!!!!

Pssst....    I think we both know you're full of it. Not at all

Your way might be considered preferable,  but my way is acceptable. As acceptable as mistaking they're/there/their, its/it's, our/are, your/you're etc

If submitted to be graded,  I don't think it would come back marked as a mistake. Depends on how strict the grading is for correct grammar

You really should try to resist letting your inner-smart * out.     It's not a good look for you.    ;)

My inner smartbutt is always out, and it's a perfect look for me.  In this case, however, I wasn't actually being sarcastic.  "Try and" in the form you used it is at best considered a "local colloquialism" or idiom. It is not technically correct grammar in the way you used it.  Basically, any time you're saying you're going to try followed by the verb of the action that you're going to try, the correct usage is "try to <verb>". 

The following usage of the phrase "Try and" would be correct:

-Two Judges Try and Fail to Shut Down Union Rights (presumably a previous sentence in the same paragraph as this one would detail what the judge is trying to do)

-It’s better to try and regret, than not to try and regret. (again, a previous or latter statement would explain what the person is trying to do)

Saying:

"I will try and be more careful" is technically incorrect. 

There's plenty of reading about it online.  Nearly everything I've read has stated the same thing...that "try and" is technically incorrect but has become acceptable to some as an idiom or colloquial phrase. :)

He doesn't play Rodgers, Manning, and Brady. He plays their defense.

Exactly. Luck has been played great. But just as the Colts couldn't have won that game without Luck, Luck couldn't have won the game without the Colts, meaning several other Colt players stepped up big-time, and made crucial plays, without which, the Colts could have easily lost that game. It was a true team effort.