Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Boom Herron's performance today

Nesjan3

Great performance by him minus the fumbles, if he can clean that issue up he is a keeper. Luck was looking down field all day for the big play and if it wasn't there he dumped it off to Boom and he gained nice yards, he always makes the first guy miss. He also ran well, we better not let this guy go. Also I wonder if Trents no show was because of illness or now at crunch time the coaches are finally moving away from him.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always been about the fumbles, IMO. He'd have been playing a larger role all season long if not for putting the ball on the ground. This is completely speculation, but I bet he does the same in practice.

Strong, decisive runner, great in the open field, but he can't keep fumbling the football.

Great performance by him minus the fumbles, if he can clean that issue up he is a keeper. Luck was looking down field all day for the big play and if it wasn't there he dumped it off to Boom and he gained nice yards, he always makes the first guy miss. He also ran well, we better not let this guy go. Also I wonder if Trents no show was because of illness or now at crunch time the coaches are finally moving away from him.

Richardson's illness was nothing more than an excuse not for him to play. Big time players aren't going to miss a playoff game because of an illness unless they can't walk. Look at Roethelisberger vs the Bengals in week 17, he couldn't even do warmups before the game because he was probably glued to the toilet but he managed to play and help get his team a win.

Oh and great game from Boom, just stop swinging that ball like you're Shady McCoy.

Great performance by him minus the fumbles, if he can clean that issue up he is a keeper. Luck was looking down field all day for the big play and if it wasn't there he dumped it off to Boom and he gained nice yards, he always makes the first guy miss. He also ran well, we better not let this guy go. Also I wonder if Trents no show was because of illness or now at crunch time the coaches are finally moving away from him.

I think Richardson's sickness had a big part, though that is only speculation.  The announcers mentioned he was physically ill on Friday and it sounded like he missed at least a portion of practice.

Boom played well minus the fumbles, Tipton played well also -- but, one thing Trent does very well is hold onto the ball, I have a feeling if he wasn't sick that he would have replaced Boom after that second fumble. 

Good to see Pagano gave Boom a game ball, though (then told him "Don't let go of this ball all night"). 

I was impressed by Boom in the receiving game and as a blocker, there were a few plays when he picked up blocks pretty nicely.

Boom played well. He was major part of offense with some nifty runs and solid catches out of the backfield.  He needs to clean up his game by not putting the ball on the turf.  Tipton got some valuable experience and can give us extra partner for Herron. Remains to be seen whether we are going to see much from TRich. I am assuming he was too sick to play today.

It's always been about the fumbles, IMO. He'd have been playing a larger role all season long if not for putting the ball on the ground. This is completely speculation, but I bet he does the same in practice.

Strong, decisive runner, great in the open field, but he can't keep fumbling the football.

Yeah he can run with the nut for sure. I know you look at the game again. Do me a favor and watch the 2nd fumble play closely. I thought it was possible he might have been down. Ehh .. I bet you won't get a good enough look at it

Yeah he can run with the nut for sure. I know you look at the game again. Do me a favor and watch the 2nd fumble play closely. I thought it was possible he might have been down. Ehh .. I bet you won't get a good enough look at it

I thought he was down, too. But the ball doesn't have to come out of his grasp at all if he focuses on securing it. 

The replay didn't stay on him long enough, so I don't know how good of a look I can get. The CBS crew really irritated me with their broadcast today. Too many graphics, too much Nantz and Sims, not enough replays and new angles. 

I think Richardson's sickness had a big part, though that is only speculation. The announcers mentioned he was physically ill on Friday and it sounded like he missed at least a portion of practice.

Boom played well minus the fumbles, Tipton played well also -- but, one thing Trent does very well is hold onto the ball, I have a feeling if he wasn't sick that he would have replaced Boom after that second fumble.

Good to see Pagano gave Boom a game ball, though (then told him "Don't let go of this ball all night").

I was impressed by Boom in the receiving game and as a blocker, there were a few plays when he picked up blocks pretty nicely.

Boom was excellent picking up the blitz today. That's something that will go unnoticed by many.

I thought his elbow was down too.  Oh well.  

Loved, LOVED that even though Luck kept looking downfield, he would take his checkdowns to Boom.  And props to Boom for catching everything thrown to him.  Run, Booooooom, run!!!

I thought he was down, too. But the ball doesn't have to come out of his grasp at all if he focuses on securing it. 

The replay didn't stay on him long enough, so I don't know how good of a look I can get. The CBS crew really irritated me with their broadcast today. Too many graphics, too much Nantz and Sims, not enough replays and new angles. 

Agree and agree 

Ran, caught, and blocked well but it's mostly negated by the fumbles. He's just not an every down back. We need two productive backs, and so long as we don't fumble, Boom and TRich are good enough.

His importance to our offense and production today is not mostly negated by 1 fumble (the other wasn't a fumble). He certainly needs to clean it up, no excuses for it, but you can't take away how well he played today and the points we can attribute to his play because of a fumble that ended up as a 57 yard prayer FG.

I'm not sure how posters can say Boom played well, not with those two fumbles.  Yes I believe he was not down on the second one but I will try to look at it again.  

Because one fumble, just like one bad interception from Luck, does not negate the exceptional play the rest of the game. He had 141 total yards, 10 receptions, and looked like Ahmad Bradshaw in pass protection.

I would bet it was more of a TRENT thing..   

Thank GOD the team has finally seen the "light" ..      Trent is just a guy.

Boom needs to make it happen ...  he has a HUGE opportunity in front of him.

And i liked the way Indy rolled Tipton up the gut...      which TR never could seem to do?

oh well better late than never...

the problem is ... Boom has "fumbleitise" ..     He cannot hold onto the ball.  

He better learn or he is screwing himself out of some nice jinggle.. 

Because one fumble, just like one bad interception from Luck, does not negate the exceptional play the rest of the game. He had 141 total yards, 10 receptions, and looked like Ahmad Bradshaw in pass protection.

I would bet it was more of a TRENT thing..   

Thank GOD the team has finally seen the "light" ..      Trent is just a guy.

Boom needs to make it happen ...  he has a HUGE opportunity in front of him.

And i liked the way Indy rolled Tipton up the gut...      which TR never could seem to do?

oh well better late than never...

I don't think it was a Trent thing. He's been a part of a timeshare all year, with his counterpart getting more touches almost every game.

Boom fumbles. I don't see why the coaching staff would have ignored that.

the problem is ... Boom has "fumbleitise" ..     He cannot hold onto the ball.  

He better learn or he is screwing himself out of some nice jinggle.. 

I definitely agree, but I'm not going to disregard the rest of his strong performance because of that fumble, as some want to.

I don't think it was a Trent thing. He's been a part of a timeshare all year, with his counterpart getting more touches almost every game.

Boom fumbles. I don't see why the coaching staff would have ignored that.

I'm giving what you have the benefit of the doubt and saying "more than likely true." He was reported sick Friday and that's probably it . But then again maybe you can't ignore the fact that Pagano pretty much benched him last year when the playoffs started. 

I'm giving what you have the benefit of the doubt and saying "more than likely true." He was reported sick Friday and that's probably it . But then again maybe you can't ignore the fact that Pagano pretty much benched him last year when the playoffs started. 

I feel like the other poster was saying the staff wanted to keep playing Trent, and that's why Boom wasn't getting used as much. I may have misunderstood.

I also think Trent was benched in the Chiefs game last year after he fumbled. They had already been starting Donald Brown late in the season. I could be wrong about the Chiefs game, though...

And we have a makeshift oline and are without a starting RB can't blame injuries anymore.

Right. Boom probably isn't on the active roster without Ballard getting hurt, Rainey getting cut... and then Bradshaw going to IR opened up room for Boom to get regular reps. 

It's January. Everyone has injuries.