Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why is Indianapolis the only city in the NFL where the quarterback is above criticism

peytonmanning18

Normally it takes about 5-6 years after the QB is gone before a die hard fan starts looking at their franchise quarterback rationally and thinking about the turnovers or whatever. One bad factor is many people treat these athletes like they are rock stars and can never do anything wrong. You forget the human side of it, that we are very imperfect animals that do a lot of bad stuff and make mistakes from time to time. Everyone has flaws.

Your team is not the only one. Every NFL fan base goes through this. If you look hard, you'll find Pats fans that have issues with Brady (not hard to find at all when he has a really bad game like against K.C. earlier this year), Packers fans that blame the SB loss and every other playoff loss on Brett Favre, and I know, about 5 years after Brees is gone, Saints fans will finally start scratching their head and realizing that all the turnovers in the 2011 Divisional playoff game against the 49ers really hurt us and it wasn't no mythical boogie men from the closet intentionally forcing the Saints to get showed up and beaten by a better team.

It's very normal for NFL fans to be this way. Very normal to treat the star quarterback like a rock star, and very normal to find a scapegoat when things don't go as planned. Everyone has their own opinion about it.

When the team is winning, no one is going to think negatively. When the team loses, then these kind of thoughts manifest to the top and you get over analyzed stuff on every little detail.

Normally it takes about 5-6 years after the QB is gone before a die hard fan starts looking at their franchise quarterback rationally and thinking about the turnovers or whatever. One bad factor is many people treat these athletes like they are rock stars and can never do anything wrong. You forget the human side of it, that we are very imperfect animals that do a lot of bad stuff and make mistakes from time to time. Everyone has flaws.

Your team is not the only one. Every NFL fan base goes through this. If you look hard, you'll find Pats fans that have issues with Brady (not hard to find at all when he has a really bad game like against K.C. earlier this year), Packers fans that blame the SB loss and every other playoff loss on Brett Favre, and I know, about 5 years after Brees is gone, Saints fans will finally start scratching their head and realizing that all the turnovers in the 2011 Divisional playoff game against the 49ers really hurt us and it wasn't no mythical boogie men from the closet intentionally forcing the Saints to get showed up and beaten by a better team.

It's very normal for NFL fans to be this way. Very normal to treat the star quarterback like a rock star, and very normal to find a scapegoat when things don't go as planned. Everyone has their own opinion about it.

When the team is winning, no one is going to think negatively. When the team loses, then these kind of thoughts manifest to the top and you get over analyzed stuff on every little detail.

Well if we lose Sunday and Luck has 4 INTs we'll all know it was Greg Manusky's fault

I have a question also. Why are there so many who think the Colts are better than they are? A never ending complaint thread. Instead of looking at what is really the real problems in the big picture. Pagano didn't do this. Grigson didn't do that. The Colts have way over achieved since the day Luck stepped onto the field. In three years the Colts have put a winner of the field but it seems like some think different. Just snap your fingers and a top tier football team is put together. It's sad that too many always see all the negative and nothing positive. Then when a poster tries to explain why the Colts are not good enough to make a deep run into the playoffs they get shot out of the water. We can all sit our keyboards and say or make claims as to what the Colts need to do. But how many see it's not that easy?

Well if we lose Sunday and Luck has 4 INTs we'll all know it was Greg Manusky's fault

After Luck had that comeback in the playoffs last year, he's the last QB I would be pointing the finger at and blaming for losing a game.

His stats were ugly in that game too and they won.

Stuff happens. You win games, you lose them. No team is perfect.

Dude you obviously have an agenda and YOU obviously DO NOT live in the INDY area.     Because local media does in fact get on him.   Even my boy Rick V does...   BUT they also understand that LUCK has GOT to try and make plays against the better teams or Indy does not stand a chance.    

It's really simple when you stop looking through Orange and Blue specs....  Peyton's been gone a long time now get over it.

I'll wait for answers

After Luck had that comeback in the playoffs last year, he's the last QB I would be pointing the finger at and blaming for losing a game.

His stats were ugly in that game too and they won.

Stuff happens. You win games, you lose them. No team is perfect.

Yeah luckily half the Chiefs roster was hurt in the second half making that comeback possible after Luck's atrocious 3 INTs

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, January 1, 2015 - offensive unnuendo
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, January 1, 2015 - offensive unnuendo

Dude you obviously have an agenda and YOU obviously DO NOT live in the INDY area. Because local media does in fact get on him. Even my boy Rick V does... BUT they also understand that LUCK has GOT to try and make plays against the better teams or Indy does not stand a chance.

It's really simple when you stop looking through Orange and Blue specs.... Peyton's been gone a long time now get over it.

My agenda does not involve getting on knees in front and Andrew Luck, like everyone else here

It was always Caldwell, Polian, Grigson, Pagano the o-line or someone else's fault, never Manning or Luck

Is there any QB in the league that would win with this supporting cast? Just because the QBs aren't perfect doesn't mean they're the problem. Football is a team game you know.

Thanks for making my point. If Andrew Luck can go 11-5 with it then Rodgers or Brady could probably go 16-0

So you believe the Colts have a better roster than those two teams? I get that ur just trolling, but give a lil effort......

In before the lock!

Seriously though, some will try to build somebody up, some will try to tear somebody down, some will build them up only so they can tear them down.

The OP, based on several other posts, has a clear agenda against Luck.  There is really nothing to see here, nothing to read here, nothing to be gained here.

Thanks for making my point. If Andrew Luck can go 11-5 with it then Rodgers or Brady could probably go 16-0

Rodgers went 12-4 with a more talented team. Brady went 12-4 with a more talented team and by far, a better coached team. Yet, either Brady or Rodgers would be 16-0 with a less talented Colts team? Not buying it.

How about a mod locking this thread and removing this poster for a couple of weeks. He's spent the whole day trolling  and doing his best to annoy Colt fans. If this isn't obvious trolling , we need some new blood moderating

How about a mod locking this thread and removing this poster for a couple of weeks. He's spent the whole day trolling and doing his best to annoy Colt fans. If this isn't obvious trolling , we need some new blood moderating

Or maybe I just have an opinion that most Colts fans who drink blue kool aid all day don't like

If you don't like my posts then ignore me instead of being a wannabe mod and crying to the real mods

You should see the crap this guy says in the game chats. He's a troll. IDK why he hasn't been banned. 

Plus, dude, you bumped your own thread when no one commented. Pretty lame. 

Where are the mods at? 

Also he's been a member since May 2014 and his username is PeytonManning18. Go away.