Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Larry Fitzgerald Likely Won't Return to Cardinals Next Season

HtownColt

It should be clear that his volume numbers dropped due to the constant changing of quarterbacks this season. He can still be the guy on a team, who knows where he will be next year but wherever that is I think he will show that the Cardinals shouldn't have cut him. If they do cut him anyway.

Maybe we finally see him in New England?  I don't think he comes to Indy.  It would be nice, but he would be too expensive

I kind of expect New England to draft a WR in the 1st and possibly trade up for a guy like Parker even though it goes against their past draft history, but Fitz does seem like a picture perfect fit there don't he?

If the Saints were smart, we'd trade Jimmy Graham and 2 draft picks for him.

I have been dreaming of Fitzgerald wearing black and gold for about 6 years now. We would finally have a deep threat again (assuming we ever throw a ball that goes further than 15 yards)

Maybe we finally see him in New England?  I don't think he comes to Indy.  It would be nice, but he would be too expensive

I think I have given up on the Pats getting a legit guy on the outside. Their plan seems to be to have the offense run through Gronk and serviceable guys on the outside that don't break the bank. I don't see them getting Larry even though I would love it if they did.

Maybe he goes home to Minnesota? He grew up a huge Vikings fan and the Vikes could use a go to guy for Bridgewater.

You beat me to it. Larry Fitzgerald's father was a sports journalist in Minnesota. Larry Jr. grew up watching the likes of Cris Carter, Jake Reed, and Randy Moss. The head coach of the Vikings then was Denny Green who would later draft Larry when Green was the head coach at Arizona.

Vikes fans would be very pleased if the Vikes signed him. I would not mind it but I would prefer Amari Cooper or Devante Parker who both played with Bridgewater in the past.

You beat me to it. Larry Fitzgerald's father was a sports journalist in Minnesota. Larry Jr. grew up watching the likes of Cris Carter, Jake Reed, and Randy Moss. The head coach of the Vikings then was Denny Green who would later draft Larry when Green was the head coach at Arizona.

Vikes fans would be very pleased if the Vikes signed him. I would not mind it but I would prefer Amari Cooper or Devante Parker who both played with Bridgewater in the past.

Yeah, Fitzgerald was a ball boy for the Vikings wasn't he? Explains where he got those hands lol. He would be a great tool for Bridgewater to heave the ball to in that Vikings offense. I know they haven't been very content with Patterson's development.

Yeah, Fitzgerald was a ball boy for the Vikings wasn't he? Explains where he got those hands lol. He would be a great tool for Bridgewater to heave the ball to in that Vikings offense. I know they haven't been very content with Patterson's development.

Yes, you're right. Fitzgerald was a ball boy for the Vikes. He is a great player and a good guy; so, I would not be against signing him. But, I am not a big fan of signing free agents unless we are ready to win now.

I'd like the Vikes to keep Patterson. He has shown flashes in the past and it is too early to give up on him. Coach Zimmer is planning on having him work with an instructor to improve his route running. Greg Jennings and Teddy said they would also work with Patterson in the offseason. Hopefully he will improve.

Yes, you're right. Fitzgerald was a ball boy for the Vikes. He is a great player and a good guy; so, I would not be against signing him. But, I am not a big fan of signing free agents unless we are ready to win now.

I'd like the Vikes to keep Patterson. He has shown flashes in the past and it is too early to give up on him. Coach Zimmer is planning on having him work with an instructor to improve his route running. Greg Jennings and Teddy said they would also work with Patterson in the offseason. Hopefully he will improve.

True, otherwise you end up like the Eagles were a few years ago hah.

And that's good to hear about Patterson. Getting extra time in with Teddy and learning from the veteran Jennings can go a long way.

Colts have to get on this....we don't know if Reggie will be back..

Colts are in a win-now window

I'm not sure the colts are in win now mode. They need a lot more parts than a wr. Plus Fitz is gonna want big money. The colts need oline and pass rush much more than wr

I would guess he would want to go to a place with a stable quarterback situation after all the upheaval since Warner retired.  One place the might make sense, even though it would drive me crazy as a non-fan of the team, is Dallas.  Romo is clearly the starter, Bryant on the other side and Witten in the middle so he'd see a lot of single coverage.  Dallas is also in win now mode so they would want a veteran of his caliber.  The question would be could they do it cap-wise. 

Where do the Vikes pick again any shot at cooper??

We are not getting Cooper unless we trade up from #11. However, we have a chance to get Devante Parker, Teddy's teammate at Louisville. But I like what I am reading about Cooper -- humble, hard-working, quiet...very similar to Teddy.

I'm not sure the colts are in win now mode. They need a lot more parts than a wr. Plus Fitz is gonna want big money. The colts need oline and pass rush much more than wr

That's true//Larry is a 'want' not a need,,,,but how much big money' can a 32-year-old WR want..?

Colts do need O-line and D-line help but they are in the post-season every year and I want to pile up weapons arund Andrew Luck..

After 3 consecutive playoff berths I'd be disappointed if they weren't in a win now mode

I kind of expect New England to draft a WR in the 1st and possibly trade up for a guy like Parker even though it goes against their past draft history, but Fitz does seem like a picture perfect fit there don't he?

New England = Where losers go to win...because no matter what the Pats always find ways to win.

Out of interest if you had to choose between Fitzgerald and AP who would you go for?

I think I have given up on the Pats getting a legit guy on the outside. Their plan seems to be to have the offense run through Gronk and serviceable guys on the outside that don't break the bank. I don't see them getting Larry even though I would love it if they did.

I never envisioned you guys picking up Revis, so who knows on the offensive side?

The Pats on both sides of the ball for the most part seemed to have the same strategy

to me, hard nosed blue collar type team guys who didn't command huge contracts. If they

did the Pats always let them walk it seemed.