Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you really believe this team compares to the 2006 team?

RockThatBlue

Sorry bro I am screwin with you ...    smashed and feeling surly...   I am kinda like that ... 

No hard feelings..      I am just in "typing" mode...    

But I do think 06 was FAR MORE TALENTED in EVERY way than this one...     just not close.    And Jax and Tenn were much better then I might add.

Sorry John I didn't ask anything. I made a comment about the differences in the roster and especially TRich and Addai. I am not smashed and have not been for over 24 years. It's no big deal.

Peyton SUCKED in that 06 run...     With the exception of the second half of NE...   which HE helped git us DOWN. 

I have EVERY game..    I can burn and help you out.     

And in the OTHER SB?   How did that end?   I think Manning "threw one to the other team" ...

Just saying...     I ain't no Peyton fan boy...      

How did our other Super Bowl go when we had to play against an actual quarterback who could actually walk without falling down and not throw the other team the ball multiple times? Chicago beat New Orleans on a freezing cold, snowy day. We were very fortunate to play Rex Grossman, because he was terrible.

Peyton SUCKED in that 06 run... With the exception of the second half of NE... which HE helped git us DOWN.

I have EVERY game.. I can burn and help you out.

And in the OTHER SB? How did that end? I think Manning "threw one to the other team" ...

Just saying... I ain't no Peyton fan boy...

Yep, 18 point comeback in the championship game, Super Bowl MVP, he sucked

Peyton SUCKED in that 06 run...     With the exception of the second half of NE...   which HE helped git us DOWN. 

I have EVERY game..    I can burn and help you out.     

And in the OTHER SB?   How did that end?   I think Manning "threw one to the other team" ...

Just saying...     I ain't no Peyton fan boy...      

Nope, pretty sure your a frat boy who hoped the train from Stanford.

But hey keep tooting that horn you've been here since '84. :thmup:

"...and D.Rhodes was solid too".

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm glad that Rhodes is getting some credit for '06. He and AV absolutely CARRIED the Colts to victory in the Baltimore playoff game. Say what you will about him or that team as a whole, but Rhodes has never gotten enough credit on this or other forums.

I didn't read through the whole thread, but I'm glad that Rhodes is getting some credit for '06. He and AV absolutely CARRIED the Colts to victory in the Baltimore playoff game. Say what you will about him or that team as a whole, but Rhodes has never gotten enough credit on this or other forums.

I've said it before on this forum--Rhodes is one of my all time favorite Colts and the true MVP of the SB.

Sorry, but no. Here's why I take issue with it.

1. The o line was 100x's better than this one. Manning wasn't being hit on every other throw like Luck.

2. Yes, the defense was brutal. But this D has no Bob Sanders coming in to save it during these playoffs.

3. I love Andrew Luck, but Peyton was not the turnover machine that Luck is sometimes. Which needs fixed.

4. That 2006 team had a very solid run game. I do believe Addai had over 1000 yards and D.Rhodes was solid too.

Now the only comparison that you can make is that neither team had many expectations for the post season. But that's where it ends. Being realistic is not being negative. I think we can beat Cinci but outside of that this team may be in real trouble. This is not the 2006 squad, please stop the silly comparisons to that team.

This team is not that team. In fact that 2006 squad would probably beat this years colts team by 20+ points in a head to head game.

Now I hope to eat lots of crow but a playoff run is super unlikely. I'll sit back and watch and hope like hell that I'm wrong.

No, this is not the 2006 team but we dotn have to play them,./.we play the Bengals...who are not great..

..and lets not assume who is going to win the other games....

the more times Luck plays in the post-season,.,.the better he may get.

I just wanted a home game and a chance....I know regghie is hurt and we have no real RBs..

....but we can score.....and that gives us a fighting chance

Nope, pretty sure your a frat boy who hoped the train from Stanford.

But hey keep tooting that horn you've been here since '84. :thmup:

I'm sorry I offended another Manning fan BOY.

Just look up the game log, or better yet ....  should I send you the tape?  I could send a number of "experts" from this board over to your parents basement to break the film down?

Just holla if you need some advice...    

Peace.. .     out. :goodluck:

Where is this weird notion that the 06 team was some legendary unit?

That D couldn't stop a pee wee running back the last few games of the regular season, and got hot right when it needed to.

And the offense which managed nothing but field goals against the Ravens, had a truly great game against only the Pats, but waited until we were in a huge hole to start their surge. Tidy numbers in the Chiefs win, but 3 INTs unless I'm mistaken? The D and the running game carried our team in the Superbowl.

I remember when the past was better, when I remembered it favorably.

Where is this weird notion that the 06 team was some legendary unit?

That D couldn't stop a pee wee running back the last few games of the regular season, and got hot right when it needed to.

And the offense which managed nothing but field goals against the Ravens, had a truly great game against only the Pats, but waited until we were in a huge hole to start their surge. Tidy numbers in the Chiefs win, but 3 INTs unless I'm mistaken? The D and the running game carried our team in the Superbowl.

I remember when the past was better, when I remembered it favorably.

Nobody thought the 06 team was legendary. But key parts of that team were better than this team.

The 06 team got many lucky bounces in the season. Their defense was clutch in the playoffs but was not great by any means.

They had 274 lbs of Raheem Brock at DT...Gilbert Gardner/Rob Morris at OLB. Lots of no-namers in the secondary as well.

Rob Morris played great during that playoff run. Moving him to OLB seemed to work wonders...unfortunately he blew out his again during camp the very next yr.

The 06 team had BIG TIME play makers on O and D.     Mathis and Freeney in their prime.    And Sanders coming back was simply huge for the D.    That Colt team from week 14 on got a BIG pass rush out of the front 4.    And that is the key to a successful T2D.   

this team simply does not have those kind of difference makers on D.        I think this years team can make a run..  but it will be on the shoulders of this O.    If Gos and Reitz can get in the game and stay then that will be HUGE.  

Only a few days and we see...

I mean, sucked is harsh, but mediocre compared to the contributions from the D, and our two RBs.

It may be possible to get the same result as 2006, but we may have to do it in a different way with this team.

With the 2006 team we rode a hot defense, and mediocre to decent offense in terms of production in the playoffs.

The 2014 team may have to do it the opposite way with the Offense getting back hot again, and the defense

chipping in just enough to put us over the top.  That's the way I can best see us getting it done with this squad.

Davis would shut down harrison and to let could limit wanye

Lol Dallas Clark would own DQ Jackson though. Not to mention this years team would get almost no pass rush which means wrs would get open.

Freeney and Mathis would destroy this years o line too. I don't think it would even be a close game.