Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DeMarco Murray has broken bone in hand, hopes to play against Colts.

SilentHill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Murray or not we are playing a desperate team on Sunday.  They are going to give it everything they have. 

I will say this if Luck and the offense shows up the Cowboys D doesn't scare anyone.  This could be a shoot out and I'll take Luck and company in a shoot out vs. anyone IF they get the turnover problem under control. 

If Vontae shuts down Dez there will be little doubt in my mind that we have the best CB in the game. 

He's already the most criminally underrated.

It would be wise for Dallas to run a lot of plays with Bryant on Toler's side.  That will create a light box and the RB's (likely the backup) should still have opportunities against our run D. 

Murray's dominant hand is his right hand, but he still needs his left hand to pass block, stiff-arm, or, if running to the left, hang on to the football.  Murray has put it on the ground this year, and this won't help that.  They may not play him, or rotate much more often.  We'll see.

I think Murray probably wont play.  If he does (play) it would be better for us because he is liable to fumble, and it's his left hand (where the Cowboys run the most).  His stiff arm wouldn't be effective and pass protection would lack.  I think Cowboys turn to their backup, and he will do a decent job.  They don't get a lot of credit but they are good.  It will be a very hard game to win.  The Colts are just fine either way.  Looks like we will have the #3 seed locked up either way unless we drop the final game against the Titans.  I think we will take care of business vs. Tennessee so this coming game is more of a playoff tester IMO.  It will be a playoff atmosphere in Dallas, and will be another great experience game for us.

think that this is a really tough matchup for the Colts' defense even without Murray in the lineup.  Joseph Randle is explosive and Lance Dunbar is decent on 3rd down.  The Cowboys have a dominant OL - I expect that the Colts will still see a lot of running and Romo throwing Play Action.  Yes, the Dallas defense is average and they have benefitted from the Offense playing complimentary football by running so much and keeping the opposing offense off the field.  If Garrett/Linehan have done any homework, they will pound of DL relentlessly.

I think the Colts need to flip the script this weekend.  Our offense needs to be more committed to running the football and controlling the clock.  Not only will it keep Romo off the field, but maybe it will settle Andrew down.  The vertical offense we now have is too much reward vs risk.  How about some safer throws the move the chains and allow the offense to get some rhythm. The gunslinger thing while exciting is not working.   If the Colts loose the turnover battle in Dallas, they are likely to loose the game too.  Romo will make them pay for being careless.

Shred their "D".....?  with what offense.... ours?  The same offense that shredded the mighty Browns or the Texans?

Both of which are better defenses than Dallas.   We will do well against Dallas defense, they only have about 20 plus sacks on the year.  They struggle to get pass rush. It's an average unit.

I hope Murray does play.  I'm sick of all the chicken heartedness around here, it's playoff time for God sakes!

You're supposed to be up for whatever the challenge.  The guys we have are just as massive as theirs, it's all

about run fits and technique.  We've improved since the Patriots game, so I want to see what happens.  I'm ready

for Sunday.  Heck I might just drive up to Dallas and watch the game in person!

I think we'll do just fine defensively against the Cowboys offensive line. Especially against the pass.

Against the run they are a man blocking scheme. Same scheme we look at everyday in practice, as

a matter of fact their line is about the same size as ours. I say we'll be fine.

Good! I'm glad we'll get their best shot.  It's going to be a very good litmus test for the playoffs because they are literally fighting for their playoff lives again.  Meanwhile somebody from the NFC south is going to get into the playoffs with a losing record.  They aught to do something about the current process to stop losing teams from getting into the playoffs.  Maybe it's stupid, but I wonder if the losing record teams can be replaced by teams from other divisions who had winning records but didn't make it to the playoffs?

Good! I'm glad we'll get their best shot.  It's going to be a very good litmus test for the playoffs because they are literally fighting for their playoff lives again.  Meanwhile somebody from the NFC south is going to get into the playoffs with a losing record.  They aught to do something about the current process to stop losing teams from getting into the playoffs.  Maybe it's stupid, but I wonder if the losing record teams can be replaced by teams from other divisions who had winning records but didn't make it to the playoffs?

I have no problem with a team with a losing record getting into the playoffs.............now hosting a playoff game with a losing record is a different story.

and vastly superior pass defenses.

But the difference between those teams is the Cowboys D is a game managing Defense. The Browns & Texans RELY on their Defense's

Cowboys just gotta do enough to get their offense the ball, they'll do the rest. And it helps that their game is shortened by the long drives the offense puts together thanks to the NFL leading rusher & that offensive line that continuous 8-8 seasons and good scouting got them 

But the difference between those teams is the Cowboys D is a game managing Defense. The Browns & Texans RELY on their Defense's

Cowboys just gotta do enough to get their offense the ball, they'll do the rest. And it helps that their game is shortened by the long drives the offense puts together thanks to the NFL leading rusher & that offensive line that continuous 8-8 seasons and good scouting got them 

With our O-LOB (offensive line of boom), a healthy dose of Randle and Dunbar should be fine. They'll keep Murray in on passing downs and give him 20 carries or so.

:facepalm:

He'll play, Jerry said so. And in Jerry World, Jerry is the Judge, Jury, Executioner, GM, Owner, Coach, Sheriff, Deputy, Prisoner, Chief, Firefighter.............. You get the point haha

Jerry didn't say he would, said he could.  They want to see him in practice this week, and make a game time decision

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/16/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-demarco-murray-hand-surgery

They don't feel it is major enough to prevent him.  But guess what, he'll have to pass block, carry the ball when running left, or stiff arm an opponent while running to the right.  All of that will hurt, a lot.  He might have ball control issues when running left.  I suspect if he plays, they'll rotate a lot more than otherwise.

Jerry didn't say he would, said he could.  They want to see him in practice this week, and make a game time decision

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/12/16/dallas-cowboys-jerry-jones-demarco-murray-hand-surgery

They don't feel it is major enough to prevent him.  But guess what, he'll have to pass block, carry the ball when running left, or stiff arm an opponent while running to the right.  All of that will hurt, a lot.  He might have ball control issues when running left.  I suspect if he plays, they'll rotate a lot more than otherwise.

I just don't see the need of playing him. He's their ticket to the playoff run, rest him

He takes a helmet to that hand or Chapman falls on that hand...... he's out