Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Any updates on Vontae?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

He is still under concussion protocol, but they are hoping for him to be ready to practice tomorrow (Wednesday).

Source - near the top of the page: http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Reggie-Wayne-Playing-With-Torn-Tricep/0ae33164-38a6-430c-a80b-a5450b7c207a 

I would have thought that if he isn't back by Wednesday he will / is very likely to be back by Thursday. I would expect him to suit up vs Houston unless something comes from way outa left field to hold him back another week.

Usually with concussions it seems players are out for 1 game after they take the concussion.

Some don't miss any and get cleared pretty quickly.  Some miss more, especially when they've had multiple concussions.  

But 1 game is a good average.  I would expect him to be cleared this week.

Who's gonna be QBing for Houston next Sunday?

anyway coach said that Vontae is going through concussion protocol and they're very hopeful on him. As coach didn't used neither 'day-to-day' nor 'week-to-week' expressions in connection with him, I daresay he's ready for Sunday.

I think they are back to Fitzpatrick.  Mallet got injured a couple weeks ago and is on IR.  I don't think Savage is ready.  

Usually with concussions it seems players are out for 1 game after they take the concussion.

Some don't miss any and get cleared pretty quickly.  Some miss more, especially when they've had multiple concussions.  

But 1 game is a good average.  I would expect him to be cleared this week.

It looked like he might have had the 'whip-lash' effect too.  Could of been neck and head there which takes a little longer.