Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens' Haloti Ngata suspended four games by NFL

CR91

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao I don't have any ties to Baltimore, but that one even hurt me

This is the drug Chris Davis, the Orioles first baseman, got busted twice for. I think it's an ADHD drug. I agree with you all, it hasn't been a banner year in Baltimore for off field shenanigans. It's frankly depressing me.

This is the drug Chris Davis, the Orioles first baseman, got busted twice for. I think it's an ADHD drug. I agree with you all, it hasn't been a banner year in Baltimore for off field shenanigans. It's frankly depressing me.

it goes on everywhere, some guys just haven't been caught yet

I don't get it.. why dont they just get a prescription for it?

I've had a prescription to Adderall for like 7 years now

I think in sports it increases attention and stamina. Chris Davis did have an approved prescription for it in 2013, but it didn't get approved in 2014. He used it anyway , the first time was a warning, and the second time 25 games. I don't know enough about the drug to know totally how it benefits performance, other than the fact you can concentrate better, and increase stamina.

Because they're not actually taking adderall

Bingo.    Well said.

On ESPN this morning,  former Tampa Bay GM Mark Dominique said players will often say it's Adderall.    They can say it publicly and no one -- not the team or the league -- can come out and say otherwise.....

So,  Hlaloti (Sp?)  could be taking steroids....   but he publicly admits to Adderall because it doesn't sound so bad to the fans...

In short,  it's a lie.    A white lie if you like.   But it's a lie.

I can understand why a corner like Richard Sherman would want it....   I'm not sure why a huge DT would? 

Bingo.    Well said.

On ESPN this morning,  former Tampa Bay GM Mark Dominique said players will often say it's Adderall.    They can say it publicly and no one -- not the team or the league -- can come out and say otherwise.....

So,  Hlaloti (Sp?)  could be taking steroids....   but he publicly admits to Adderall because it doesn't sound so bad to the fans...

I can understand why a corner like Richard Sherman would want it....   I'm not sure why a huge DT would?

I don't get why any football player takes it....other than helping you thru boring film sessions.

Bingo.    Well said.

Mark might want to freshen up on the rules. The new drug policy allows the league to dispute what players say. They didn't in this case because it truly was Adderall.

And the reason he took it was because he was struggling to concentrate due to issues at home and work.

I don't get why any football player takes it....other than helping you thru boring film sessions.

I don't know much about it.   Ironic, as I probably need it!

But what I've read is that it helps slow the game down for players and help them focus.   Almost in a tunnel vision type of way.

I get that if you're a cornerback.    I just don't get it if you're a defensive tackle....  

Bingo.    Well said.

Wouldn't the league say what substance he was suspended for?

Wouldn't the league say what substance he was suspended for?

No there are patient privacy agreements (that often get leaked or ignored by "sources"). It doesn't stop say the player or his agent from leaking information to protect the player but like someone said....the NFL can go after a player if he is lying about what it was he got busted for....but I doubt we see them do that...its a black eye for the league as it is...let alone if they start saying the real reasons why some of these players are getting busted.

No there are patient privacy agreements (that often get leaked or ignored by "sources"). It doesn't stop say the player or his agent from leaking information to protect the player but like someone said....the NFL can go after a player if he is lying about what it was he got busted for....but I doubt we see them do that...its a black eye for the league as it is...let alone if they start saying the real reasons why some of these players are getting busted.

Thanks for the explanation that makes sense.

Mark might want to freshen up on the rules. The new drug policy allows the league to dispute what players say. They didn't in this case because it truly was Adderall.

And the reason he took it was because he was struggling to concentrate due to issues at home and work.

More likely that he said it right,  and I heard it wrong.   I probably got distracted and heard it wrong. 

If you're right,  then my bad,  not his.

I do admire Ngata for taking full responsibility for this mistake on his part. I don't care what a guy takes as long as he man's up, owns it, & doesn't run for cover when he gets busted. I respect that. 

He's a good man & he will recover from this incident. My respect for him or the Ravens has not been tarnished at all. 

I do admire Ngata for taking full responsibility for this mistake on his part. I don't care what a guy takes as long as he man's up, owns it, & doesn't run for cover when he gets busted. I respect that.

He's a good man & he will recover from this incident. My respect for him or the Ravens has not been tarnished at all.

If you really believe this guy just took one adderal your crazy.. you really believe everyone saying there adderal.. hes not gonna admit to doing steroids. They all lie and say adderal so they dont get shunned away.

If you really believe this guy just took one adderal your crazy.. you really believe everyone saying there adderal.. hes not gonna admit to doing steroids. They all lie and say adderal so they dont get shunned away.

The thing that isnt believable about players saying it was Adderall is that its an amphetamine and is out of your system VERY fast, especially with the way these athletes metabolisms work..

Definitely seems like they just say Adderall to avoid people thinking they're a roider

Where in my statement did I mention adderal at all? That wasn't my point at all. My reply was all about personal accountability not what was in Ngata's bloodstream. 

I could give a crap what the substance actually was. It's an insignificant point to me. 

And the reason he took it was because he was struggling to concentrate due to issues at home and work.

haha no.

The thing that isnt believable about players saying it was Adderall is that its an amphetamine and is out of your system VERY fast, especially with the way these athletes metabolisms work..

Definitely seems like they just say Adderall to avoid people thinking they're a roider

Good point.  And he could be taking both, but just admits to taking one.

IMO, the NFL would not want to talk about what substances the players are taking.  If the player downshifts into admitting to adderall when its actually roids, its in the NFL's interest to say nothing.

I think the NFL wants the ability to speak up in the cases where the player challenges a fine or a suspension by claiming he took a lesser substance, and the NFL wants to defend its actions.