Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Speculation] Welcome to Indy LeGarrette Blount?

Dustin

I'm sure we will be pulling him (unless somebody already swooped him up) in but they would have to get some promises from him.  This would give us a good weapon against the Steelers come playoff time.  You think he would be fired up to play the steelers in the playoffs? Yea, he would, let's get him.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blount has already been caught with weed one time. We don't need a player who don't use self control. Not only did he walk out on his team mates he acts like it wasn't a big deal. We need team players not someone of his mentality.

We need a running back. Even if it's for 8 games.

Blount has already been caught with weed one time. We don't need a player who don't use self control. Not only did he walk out on his team mates he acts like it wasn't a big deal. We need team players not someone of his mentality.

Blount knows he made a mistake. I'm sure he would try to not get into trouble anymore and play lights out. If Vikings took a chance in getting Ben Tate then Colts can take a chance on Blount. 

Blount knows he made a mistake. I'm sure he would try to not get into trouble anymore and play lights out. If Vikings took a chance in getting Ben Tate then Colts can take a chance on Blount. 

Blount's situation and Tate's situation are nothing alike. 

I don't want either of them, by the way. Get us someone who doesn't have the same basic attributes as the backs we already have on the roster. Or else, just promote one of the clones we have on the practice squad. Blount can stay right where he is, IMO.

We need someone to help for like 9 more games... Blount can straight out play!he is averaging 4.6 yards a carry in his career. He is a very tough runner. He is more tough than T Rich (I still havnt given up on him).

Yes it would be a weird 1-2 punch but with Richardson and Blount getting bull of the carries the defenses we would be playing would be getting beat up all game. If only our line could get some little holes.

Sure Blount was in trouble but maybe he fixes his ways and we can get him for cheap since we don't have to pick up his past contract.

If he's decently priced I say take a chance. We might as well go all in this season.

We need someone to help for like 9 more games... Blount can straight out play!he is averaging 4.6 yards a carry in his career. He is a very tough runner. He is more tough than T Rich (I still havnt given up on him).

Yes it would be a weird 1-2 punch but with Richardson and Blount getting bull of the carries the defenses we would be playing would be getting beat up all game. If only our line could get some little holes.

Sure Blount was in trouble but maybe he fixes his ways and we can get him for cheap since we don't have to pick up his past contract.

If he's decently priced I say take a chance. We might as well go all in this season.

true

He knows he made a mistake? Really? Ask the Titans, Bucs, Patriots and the Steelers about his learning from mistakes. 4 different teams in 4 years. It don't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Oh, by the way he was suspended while he was in collage also. So that's five years of learning from mistakes?

:snapback.png

Would you call Mathis soft? Redding? Walden? There's a difference between players with a mean streak on the field vs. pure punks. Blount got Laveon Bell in trouble in Pitt when they went out 'smokin' together., and Blount did this on National TV-

{vid snipped}

Toughness, yes. Punks, no. Period.

Tsarquise

Lol So Blount is responsible for Bell's actions?

The older player is to mentor the younger player, on and off the field. Vets have influence. Not responsible,  but accountable, yes. IMO

" The biggest concern for Pittsburgh might have been Blount's relationship with star second-year back Le'Veon Bell. The Post-Gazette reported that some were concerned Blount was corrupting the promising feature back. "

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430790/article/pouncey-legarrette-blounts-release-a-blessing

I say grab Blount.  He's a proven NFL back.  He wasn't whining about not being he primary back like Ben Tate was.  He just wanted SOME of the snaps - he got NONE on Monday night.  He saw the writing on the wall that the Steelers were edging him out, he just accelerated it.  And he left the field for the the final snap, where Roethlisberger takes a knee - BFD!!  So he missed one play where the QB was taking a knee and he wasn't used the whole night.  Yeah, yeah, protocol and all that crap.  He was *.  They hand the ball to Bell 33 times and ZERO times to him.  Understandably *.  And he wasn't hated on the team:
"I know him, I know he's not a selfish guy, he's a team guy," said safety Mike Mitchell, who tried to coax Blount off the bus. "But it's more so knowing his feelings were hurt. I just tried to get him to not do that but he's a grown man."  And center Maurkice Pouncey called Blount "a good teammate"

Grab Blount and bench TRich.  Luck needs an RB that the defense is at least going to respect.  Nobody respects TRich.

I say grab Blount.  He's a proven NFL back.  He wasn't whining about not being he primary back like Ben Tate was.  He just wanted SOME of the snaps - he got NONE on Monday night.  He saw the writing on the wall that the Steelers were edging him out, he just accelerated it.  And he left the field for the the final snap, where Roethlisberger takes a knee - BFD!!  So he missed one play where the QB was taking a knee and he wasn't used the whole night.  Yeah, yeah, protocol and all that crap.  He was *.  They hand the ball to Bell 33 times and ZERO times to him.  Understandably *.  And he wasn't hated on the team:

"I know him, I know he's not a selfish guy, he's a team guy," said safety Mike Mitchell, who tried to coax Blount off the bus. "But it's more so knowing his feelings were hurt. I just tried to get him to not do that but he's a grown man."  And center Maurkice Pouncey called Blount "a good teammate"

Grab Blount and bench TRich.  Luck needs an RB that the defense is at least going to respect.  Nobody respects TRich.

Blount was released and or traded from four different NFL teams in four years. He was also suspended from collage his last year. That is a five year long record of problems. He may have all the talent in the world but the only thing he has proven is no one wants him on their team. What are his ex teams mates going to say? They are not going to put themselves out there to be questioned over and over about Blount's past. For one thing most feel it's none of their business and just as some not get into the middle of it.

Blount seems like the type of player that Belichick picks up now and then.  A wild card in the clubhouse, with thug tendencies.  Maybe he felt the Pats' locker room could keep him in check, and he did have some impressive games last year.  But he dumped him and now the Steelers have dumped him.  I have concerns about his personality in the Colts locker room. 

After Blount was released, Team captain Maurkice Pouncey called the decision "a blessing in disguise" on Tuesday.

"You know what, man, we have a good team," Pouncey said, via the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. "If you don't want to be here, don't be here. At the end of the day, you have your decision to make as a man, and he made it."

Players rarely rat out a guy in that fashion. I don't want that (Blount) personality hanging with our younger players either.

Just freaking knew it. FML!

I guess we will roll with TRich, Boom and Tipton. Not exactly the three headed monster I had envisioned going into the season.

Don't be surprised if we sign Mikel LeShoure. Colts have been interested in him for awhile now.

Well if he signs we NE better hope we don t have to face him if and when we make the playoffs, because if we could not stop a person from the PS we will not stop him

I'm willing to bet a Abraham Lincoln on us running into the Patriots in the playoffs and get another dose of the run game down our throats.

Blount seems like the type of player that Belichick picks up now and then.  A wild card in the clubhouse, with thug tendencies.  Maybe he felt the Pats' locker room could keep him in check, and he did have some impressive games last year.  But he dumped him and now the Steelers have dumped him.  I have concerns about his personality in the Colts locker room. 

He was fine here... the only reason they didn't bring him back is because they didn't want to pay him what Pittsburgh was offering. He wasn't a problem or disruption last year so as long as he keeps his behavior in check he adds some depth to the RB crew. 

I would like them to take an extended look at Gray... I don't expect him to ever repeat his performance from Sunday night (let's face it, there's about a 99.99% chance that's going to be the best performance of his career, no matter what happens), but he was a talented player in college before his injury. So I'm hoping Blount doesn't eat into Gray's carries too much. At this time of year you can't really have enough big, bruising backs on your roster. 

Blount was just re-signed by the Patriots.  So the Patriots get a big briusing back heading into the playoffs and we've got nothing except TRich and Boom.  We're screwed again.  It looks like Pagano and company will be watching the Super Bowl from the comfort of their own couches AGAIN!!  Apparently Blount wasn't too big of an issue in the Pats lockerroom for Belichick to re-sign him.  He knows exactly what he's getting.  We NEEDED a big back like Blount more than the Patriots did and now we have squat!  We need admit the mistake, dump TRich, and get some real talent in there.

He was fine here... the only reason they didn't bring him back is because they didn't want to pay him what Pittsburgh was offering. He wasn't a problem or disruption last year so as long as he keeps his behavior in check he adds some depth to the RB crew. 

I would like them to take an extended look at Gray... I don't expect him to ever repeat his performance from Sunday night (let's face it, there's about a 99.99% chance that's going to be the best performance of his career, no matter what happens), but he was a talented player in college before his injury. So I'm hoping Blount doesn't eat into Gray's carries too much. At this time of year you can't really have enough big, bruising backs on your roster. 

Yeah, it was a money decision to let him go. Pitt seemed odd for him given they had Bell but maybe he thought he would get more carries.

Another thing is he only has about 60 carries so he is really fresh for the home stretch of the season where we will need him when the weather turns nasty.

I think we will still see Gray but Blount gives us the home run hitter and also he can return kick-offs. ;)

Lol great job Grigs. Let the Pats go and pick him back up so he can give us the DOOK SAUCE come playoff time again. We'll trade a 1st for Trent but won't pick up a cheap proven RB lol...Logic. Patriots organization once again out smarting us. Am I the only one that gets the that feeling that just feels like our Front Office is being ran by 5 year olds? It's kinda funny sometimes. We're a bunch of Donkeys...HEEEE HAWWWWEEE

You guys smell that?? That's the Patriots organization gearing up to give us the DOOK SAUCE once more this year, Belichecks brain is just man handling Paganos brain. This oughtta be so fun to watch, Trent Richardson..The next Adrian Peterson. "OUR Rolling Ball of Butcher Knives"

I don't think it would matter if we had picked up Blount or not. Our I-line and blocking scheme wouldn't give him the holes he'd need. Blount and Grey are average backs playing behind a superior line/scheme. Let's be honest, Gostkowski at RB would have had a 100+ yd game against us.