Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sergio Brown Will Start Vs. Pats

Derakynn

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Brown plays well,  I wouldn't expect to see too much of Landry..........

Now, if Brown doesn't,  then that's another story....

But I think this is all about Brown,  and less about Landry.

so 4 million sits on the bench and does what exactly? you really expect landry to play STs

so 4 million sits on the bench and does what exactly? you really expect landry to play STs

I guess that depends on Landry....    how up to speed is he?

At this point,  I'm not sure it's about the money.   I think it's about who can help us win more.....

I think Pagano's decision is saying Brown.    So, hopefully Landry can contribute in other ways...

I guess that depends on Landry....    how up to speed is he?

At this point,  I'm not sure it's about the money.   I think it's about who can help us win more.....

I think Pagano's decision is saying Brown.    So, hopefully Landry can contribute in other ways...

Exactly. The money is spent, but the games aren't won yet. You play your best players, not your most expensive players.

brown has been average at best. I dont get where all the love is coming from

in 5 starts this year, Brown has twice as many passes defended than Lnadry had all of last year. Brown is an upgrade on pass defense, which is why people like him better.

in 5 starts this year, Brown has twice as many passes defended than Lnadry had all of last year. Brown is an upgrade on pass defense, which is why people like him better.

landry has always been a liability against the pass. thats nothing new

brown has been average at best. I dont get where all the love is coming from

Average is better than what Landry was. But everyone here knows the safety position is still an issue. It'll be addressed in the off-season. But for now, it's better to take an average guy like Brown, over Landry who is a liability. If anything, rotate Landry in at ILB every now and then.

depends on the down and distance and the personal set

The Pats will throw on any down and distance, out of any personnel set. Especially if they think they have a favorable matchup against someone like Landry. I don't think the defense can say "this is a running down, let's get Landry out there instead of Brown," and be confident that they have a good matchup.

Besides, Landry isn't really the enforcer against the run that he has the reputation of being. Brown isn't, either, but I don't think there's any significant difference in run defense with Landry out there instead of Brown.

Im a fan of LaRon, but due to the magnitude of the game, I'm glad Sergio is starting.  Brown is getting the job done, and not making mistake.  He's even making some big plays (ie sack on flacco, fumble recovery last week).  I would like to see Landry get his job back and start permanently but, he needs to show improvement in coverage.  Im pretty happy with that decision!

all im saying is let them feed off each other. brown is better at coverage, landry is better at run support 

You must not have seen the Playoff game in New England. Landry was especially bad against the run. It was the Colts D as a whole, but Blount made Landry look bad a lot in that game....or Landry made himself look bad. Either way, he isn't a run stopper.

You must not have seen the Playoff game in New England. Landry was especially bad against the run. It was the Colts D as a whole, but Blount made Landry look bad a lot in that game....or Landry made himself look bad. Either way, he isn't a run stopper.

youre nitpicking. our entire defense couldnt even stop knile davis let alone blount