Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What does everyone think of Hakeem Nicks so far?

Tsarquise

This is funny. During the off season, the same folks talking the dude down were saying he's the game breaking WR the Colts needed.

Really? You keep track of everyone's opinion on everything?

Next time I consider calling someone out as a hypocrite, I'll reach out to you first for confirmation.

I think they need some more time to develop trust and chemistry.  Avery, DHB, Nicks.... that third WR changes every year and I believe we just need some continuity there to develop. I bet Nicks will get better around November/December.  I think he is quite capable of having a breakout game as a Colt

I would honestly rather have Nicks as the #1 wr in the redzone than reggie. Dont know why he isnt being used more.

Of course you would.   

You would rather do whatever the current coaching staff is doing.

Just figure out what they're doing,  and do something else.     That's your plan.

You're so transparent,   it's crystal clear!

You're killing yourself,  Brad.....    just killing yourself.

He does good when on the field.. to many other players to throw to. Nicks is always a last resort. Luck wants to go to reggie every play. If not him then t.y then TE then rbs then if nicks is lucky itll be him. He does get alot of looks in the redzone which is good. I dont think he got enough against the ravens. But overall he does what hes asked. If hes not here next year itll be because nicks dont wanna be here.

I don't understand some people on here...  Nicks has been doing just fine considering he is our #3 option and also competing with the TE's and RB's on top of his very own position w/ Moncrief.  Ive seen him make very big catches in critical times.  Look at his receptions vs. thrown to (but keep in mind all of the bad throws or just good coverage on all of the attempts), which of saw a handful of bad throws to him.  I read a few comments where people think he wont be back next year.  If Wayne ends up leaving I can almost guarantee they offer him a contract.  Especially after weve lost Brazil and Rogers for disciplinary actions.  Moncrief comes in or they run (2TE's/2RB's) and Nicks isn't even on the field.  TY and Reggie have been thrown to 2x as much and they run routes better, therefore they get deeper routes, and get more YPC. 

Once again, it seems like all the haters on here is a "stat guy".  If theyre not putting up numbers then they're a bad investment or bad player.  Ive also seen him make a couple key blocks that sprung Trent and Bradshaw for some big gains, but that doesn't show up on the stat sheet so to alot of you it never happened.  Just like Trent's average, nothing on the stat sheet says he was hit in the backfield but it's automatically his fault that he isn't gaining 5+ yards a carry.  It drives me nuts!! I use to really enjoy getting on here and talk Colts football, now it's filled with debbie downers and *ic statements.  Makes me want to get on other teams forums and act like "thedude"! 

If all these "stat guys" grew up in Oakland, Cleveland, Jacksonville, or any other crap team, they probably wouldn't even like football, or else they would be a bandwagon fan like everyone else and hop ship when the next team wins a championship.  Boy I have found a lot of new Seahawk fans lately, but it's funny cause before 2 years ago I don't think I met one in my entire life!  Same thing with the Patriots awhile back and Cowboys in the 90's.  Yet, I don't see too many around anymore. HMMMM