Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Apparently the Colts dont have a chance against the Ravens...

bap1331

HMMMMM

Game time temperature is going to be around 59 degrees and sunny.....I have this funny feeling the roof will be closed anyway similar to the Monday night game  in November last year.  I may be wrong.

The Colts generally follow a 50-80 degree rule.  I say close it and show Baltimore just how loud fans can make the stadium shake.

I feel again at home we will get pressure on the QB via the blitz package as well as Walden sliding to Rush backer.  Freeman being back will help as well.  Art Jones, where are you?   :)  Werner.....one more step....please.

I am looking forward to seeing whether I am right or wrong...... :)

Yep, Walden has been playing great & I feel that with Freeman back we should be able to stuff the run without too much trouble Brent. I'm a little worried about Ravens WR Steve Smith SR. though. I won't lie.

I wanted to point this out.  The numbers look good on the Ravens offensive line, but as I looked further it's because they've mostly been running on people and setting up for the play action pass.  In essence they haven't often been in the position where they've had to go 3rd and long obvious passing downs.  That's why this team has good pass blocking numbers, and it's exactly why Shaub and that Texans offense looked good for that one season.  

The key to stopping Flacco and the Ravens on offense is the same key as it was with the Texans.  Shaub and Flacco are statues and when you Stop The Run and put them in obvious passing situations they have trouble on their hands.  I think our run defense is a lot better than many here give credit for, and this is a scheme that we became good at defending after some time. They have some good running game stats, but I just don't respect the runners that they have in place.  I think we will do a good job against this rushing attack.  I just feel good about it!  Especially with Freeman back I think we'll put pressure on this guy more than people are expecting.

Bingo krunk! My friends are so darn smart.  :thmup:

We have no chance to prove how loud were going to get because Harbaugh has now re-watered a false seed from the past and it's growing which makes him a kind of jerk in my book.  A friend called me today (lives in san diego, hardcore Chargers fan) and said, "Hey dude why do you guys pump noise into Lucas Oil, how long have you been doing that", at which time I referred him to read the SB Nation article so I wouldn't have to explain it for an hour.

Any Colts fan from Chicago wanna go watch the game at Mullens on Clark? All my friends are Bears fans (I know.I feel bad for them too) so I got noone to watch ut with. If ur down call or text me at 773 396 9298. Eddie

A few years ago I was spending a ton of time in Chicago for work.  If I was there on a Colts game day I always headed to Mullens.  It's just like being in Indy there are so many Colts fans there in their blue and white.

Yep, Walden has been playing great & I feel that with Freeman back we should be able to stuff the run without too much trouble Brent. I'm a little worried about Ravens WR Steve Smith SR. though. I won't lie.

Bingo krunk! My friends are so darn smart.  :thmup:

SW must be talking about you Krunk.....I am just an old retiree from Indiana.  :)

I just watched Pagano's press conference. Overall impressions:

Crap, I forgot about Ravens OLB Elvis Dumervil. Indy does have it's work cut out for them this week, but I still feel good about where we are right now.

This pumping noise in rumor is such nonsense & utter hogwash. I expected more integrity from the Ravens organization than that. 

Can we start with Bradshaw 1st in the rotation & TR later? Bradshaw moves the ball vs TR who loves to bounce almost everything outside. 

Pep Hamilton throw the ball down field & be aggressive on 1st down please. Get Nicks involved early that's an order or a polite command whatever you want to call it.

BTW Brent: Old retiree from Indiana or not, you're still a smart football mastermind to me man.  ;) Don't sell yourself short ole LB. Ha! Ha! 

This article just makes me furious...

“We had a loud stadium in Cleveland and it’s only going to be louder in Indianapolis. Rumor has it they pipe crowd noise in there. We’ll see if that’s the case or not...“Yes, it is,” he said. “It’s a rumor. It’s a rumor.” 

John Harbaugh, I have a lot of respect for you as an NFL HC, but come on man, don't fall prey to unfounded lies just to be chummy with the Baltimore media. What royally ticks me off most is that people believe this nonsense with no proof at all just the mere accusation is enough for fools to accept this ridiculous conspiracy theory. Are they insane?! Sigh...

Man up & apologize John. We all have been known to say stupid stuff myself included, but if you apologize to INDY fans & players alike, I will forgive you.

What kind of message does that send to your team when you imply that noise is a built in excuse if Suggs & company loses? If I was on the Ravens defense, I'd be miffed that you called into question my mental & physical toughness Jim. JMO. 

Colts are such a good team when adversity hits. When Pagano got Leukemia they rallied to a great rookie year for Luck. When Allen and Wayne went down they pulled great wins against Sea, SF, and Den.

Just a small correction :). Wayne was there for most of the game vs Denver and the entire games vs Seattle and San Fran.

But I do agree, this team always plays bigger against the better touted teams and that will include the Pats this year as well.

A few years ago I was spending a ton of time in Chicago for work.  If I was there on a Colts game day I always headed to Mullens.  It's just like being in Indy there are so many Colts fans there in their blue and white.

And,..... you wait 'til I move from Chicago to Indy to tell me this.........              :)

I think Vegas has it right. Having the game in Indy is worth 3.5 points. It is a tough place to play, and this will be a tough place to pull out a win for the Ravens. If it was in Baltimore, a very difficult place to play for opposing teams, the line may be the other way.

Basically, as it always does, it will come down to match- ups and key injuries on both sides, and who exploits them. The Colts are 4-0 against the Ravens at home, the Ravens have won the last two meetings, but that is meaningless, because most of those players are gone. The home field advantage though is real, and it's hard to win against good teams on the road in the NFL. That is my concern as a Raven's fan.

Can you guys let us have Ngata, Suggs, and Mosley and we will be the Baltimore Colts again?? Imagine our defense if we can just have the rest of your starters on that front 7 lol.

Just a small correction :). Wayne was there for most of the game vs Denver and the entire games vs Seattle and San Fran.

But I do agree, this team always plays bigger against the better touted teams and that will include the Pats this year as well.

Oh i know i just shortened it up lol, but just in general last year they faced alot of adversity with injuries. I can see this game being a good one.

NFL Network says that the Colts D will not be able to get past the oline to get to Flacco so he will pick us apart. On the opposite, the running D is alot better now which can make the game 1 dimensional and obvious to the pass.

I think the key to the game will be the noise and Colts greatness. Show Harbaugh there is no artificial noise and make sure Flacco doesnt hear anything. Let's show everyone that Flacco has just been facing weak teams to look good! :D

Maybe we won't be able to get pass rush, but will they be able to keep up points wise?

That's not how Vegas sets lines.

I understand how Vegas sets the lines to get money to come in equally on both sides so they make the money on the juice. Typically home field gets you about 2 - 2.5 pts. The book I have in town if he gets too much coming in on one team will lay it off on his online service just to make sure he makes the juice. It is all about the juice.

Our line opened at 3 immediately jumped to 3.5 and is now back to 3 which is what I was waiting for and bought at 3.

The over opened at 46.5 and is up to 49. I jumped on the over early but not too much. I am not sure Baltimore is all that. I would not be surprised if Indy puts it all together this week and Flacco has a Flacco game but 46.5 was too tempting. I feel much more comfortable -3. I almost waited to see if it would drop to 2.5 but don't see that happening if anything I bet it goes back up to 3.5.

The only game Indy hasn't covered this year is Philly. The easiest game was Denver the Super Bowl loser is now 2-12 ATS spread since 2000.

I think Indy is one of the better plays on the board.

I didn't think about this earlier because I was still debating whether or not we could run against the Ravens.  I also wouldn't be surprised in this game if we implemented a lot of no huddle offense from shotgun with 3 tight ends on the field.  We can trap them in the nickel and dime sets to disallow substitutions. From there we can audible into our power running formations and run the ball against what would be more favorable personnel. I'm real interested to see how Pep is going to call this game.

Can you guys let us have Ngata, Suggs, and Mosley and we will be the Baltimore Colts again?? Imagine our defense if we can just have the rest of your starters on that front 7 lol.

We could use some of your guys also. Mosley is doing great leading the team in tackles. Jernigan got off to a good start and got injured. Ngata and Suggs have been solid for awhile , but are nearing the end of their careers. Now you already have Art Jones and Correy Redding. I can't afford to send you anymore ! Lol

I love when analysis doubt the Colts. We were doubted last year against the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos and those turned out in our favor.

Go Colts!! Lets get a win!

And the Colts watched two of those teams play in the super bowl and the third play in the NFC title game.

We could use some of your guys also. Mosley is doing great leading the team in tackles. Jernigan got off to a good start and got injured. Ngata and Suggs have been solid for awhile , but are nearing the end of their careers. Now you already have Art Jones and Correy Redding. I can't afford to send you anymore ! Lol

Really respect that defense. They've lost a lot of talent and remain EXTREMELY competitive. I also think you guys have some nice young backs there to replace Rice so I don't think you will miss a beat. The Steve Smith signing this offense was like stepping into an old pair of jeans...just a perfect fit for your team and identity...while there was some huge mistakes from the front office with Rice...on the field you are doing a great job!

haha TOC that was funny! INDY has good luck peeling guys off your roster man. You train them & we take them off your hands before they have even reached the prime of their careers. Sounds a okay to me buddy.  :thmup: 

And the Colts watched two of those teams play in the super bowl and the third play in the NFC title game.

I agree people are very overly sensative around here but it does go to show we are VERY capable of beating anyone in this league...we have the talent...just have to execute.

Every time I see apparently I think of this kid...

cpdfe.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Either that or the character of Sheldon from the TV show "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS who would calculate the probability of a Colts win using some scientific formula. He'd favor the Colts because of the color Cobalt Blue.

[PS: The new season of Big Bang Theory is not all that hilarious to me unfortunately. I think they need to hire some new writers, but I digress. I agree with Sheldon on 1 other point too. I don't like Penny's new haircut either. Actress Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting is an attractive woman & I hate it when women chop their hair off & look like a man at worst & a tomboy at best. JMO].

027_symbol.gif

haha TOC that was funny! INDY has good luck peeling guys off your roster man. You train them & we take them off your hands before they have even reached the prime of their careers. Sounds a okay to me buddy. :thmup:

It may be karma by getting Saragusa from you guys many years ago. He was a big contributer in the Super Bowl 35 victory.