Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Bironas Chased, Threatened to Kill Students before Dying in Crash

masterlock

Very strange, and very sad. Here's a quote from the story:

"His window was down, and we pulled up and I said, "Hey man, just a heads up, something's burning from your exhaust. Your exhaust smells horrible, just wanted to let you know,'' Fraley recalled telling Bironas. "He looked over at me and said "I'm going to kill everybody in your (expletive) vehicle. It was so random, so bizarre I was like, "What?" And he said the exact same thing again."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2014/09/23/rob-bironas-chased-threatened-students/16097563/

Wait bironas said it or the kids?

Bironas.

I can't see any reason why he'd say that.. I'm guessing maybe the kids weren't as innocent as they say they are? They said there weren't drugs involved but that would be another guess.

This has to just make it harder on his new wife and widow.

I'm guessing we're not hearing the entire story here, and unfortunately for Bironas, we'll never hear his side.

This is all very bizarre, and sad.   As if it wasn't sad enough to hear of his death.  Sometimes I really wish some of the Details would remain private.

My heart goes out to his wife and other family members and close friends mourning his loss, and I am really sorry they have to deal with all this, on top of losing him.

It's bizarre and, while I hate to speculate, it sounds like Bironas left his house that night with no intention of ever getting home. 

Well, there were no skid marks at the scene of the accident, so that says something. Maybe it was some kind of strange neurological event, such as an aneurism in a key brain area. Maybe it was drug-induced, as in "bath salts". If I had to guess, I'd say toxicology reports will show some chemical.

Bironas.

I can't see any reason why he'd say that.. I'm guessing maybe the kids weren't as innocent as they say they are? They said there weren't drugs involved but that would be another guess.

This has to just make it harder on his new wife and widow.

Sounds more like he lost it. Drugs .. alcohol .. mental illness. 

This whole thing is very sad. I have been trying to figure out why he was out of the game after spending only 9 years with the Titans. That seem short considering the life span of most kickers. Perhaps that along with most likely being turned down after his most recent tryout with the Lions caused him to have a breakdown of some kind. Again I hate to speculate but something is odd about this whole story.

R.I.P. Mr. Bironas.

Because Roger Goodell hasn't come out and said anything about this matter. Once again this is turning into another abuse case where a player (albeit former) has threatened physical abuse onto others. Threatening to kill students? Seriously? It's sickening some of you guys are even defending Roger Goodell at this point.

Even if they're former players, Goodell has an obligation to "protect the shield," including overseeing former retired player's interests, as evidenced by concussion cases. He once again demonstrates he's incompetent at his job.

Because Roger Goodell hasn't come out and said anything about this matter. Once again this is turning into another abuse case where a player (albeit former) has threatened physical abuse onto others. Threatening to kill students? Seriously? It's sickening some of you guys are even defending Roger Goodell at this point.

Even if they're former players, Goodell has an obligation to "protect the shield," including overseeing former retired player's interests, as evidenced by concussion cases. He once again demonstrates he's incompetent at his job.

Dude what? You should probably just ignore this thread. Ignorance would be bliss in that case...

Are you mad? 

The angle you're taking here is beyond bizarre. 

Maybe Goodell can suspend his corpse.