Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis @ Denver (9-6-14)

oldunclemark

Low 70s by game time. No chance of rain.

NBC - 8 p.m. Eastern time - national TV

K - Matt Prater, LB - Danny Trevethan and WR - Wes Welker (out) for Denver

OLB - Robert Mathis, G - Donald Thomas. RB - Vic Ballard (out) for the Colts..

....A lot of it is whether the Colts can run the ball at all against Denver's rebuilt front..

If they can,..they keep the game short...and the altitude isn't an issue late in the 2nd and 4th quarters..

Without Mathis, the Colts have to blitz to get anywhere near Peyton Manning....and that's not a plan.

I'd go with 5 DBs on all plays and 6 on pass plays.....forcing new or inexperienced guys like E. Sanders and Momtee Ball to get open..

..You cant single cover the Broncos recivers because you wont be getting a big rush from the front 4.

Limit the gains and hit the receivers..the Seattle blueprint..

If I'm Denver, I ignore the Colts runs until they prove they can hurt you.

In long yardage situations....here comes Von Miller and DeMarcus ware..plus Pot Roast and the kitchen sink..

This should be a very high scoring game

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broncos in a fairly easy home win. Denver will win in a more impressive manner than Seattle did tonight.

Yeah, did you even watch the game? Do you actually know anything about this game if football we talk about here on the forums?

For one, GB pretty much abandoned the pass game and even when they did pass it was always to the left side of the field. Their rb and rt went down. They had a rookie c in there. And couldn't stop the run at all. I was actually not impressed by Seattle at all. Few plays here and there and it's a completely different ball game. Same will be true with the Denver game.

I don't even know why I waste my time...

Yeah, did you even watch the game? Do you actually know anything about this game if football we talk about here on the forums?

For one, GB pretty much abandoned the pass game and even when they did pass it was always to the left side of the field. Their rb and rt went down. They had a rookie c in there. And couldn't stop the run at all. I was actually not impressed by Seattle at all. Few plays here and there and it's a completely different ball game. Same will be true with the Denver game.

I was impressed with Seattle....Harvin is a game changer...but GB played shot themselves in the foot too often. I don't know what McCarthy was thinking going for it on 4th and 5 at midfield.

I was impressed with Seattle....Harvin is a game changer...but GB played shot themselves in the foot too often. I don't know what McCarthy was thinking going for it on 4th and 5 at midfield.

that wasn't really an issue. The Seahawks didn't score on the ensuing drive

that wasn't really an issue. The Seahawks didn't score on the ensuing drive

Yes, but it was just an example of dumb/bad plays....The dropped INT in the first half, Rodgers not protecting the ball backed up near his goal line, Rodgers throwing a poor pass/unlucky int deep in their own territory. Didn't think Pack would win, but didn't think they played well.

I was impressed with Harvin also. GB played afraid. They were afraid to throw it to the right side of the field. And their RT back up got abused. You can't run side to side on Seattle that well. They remind me of the old colt defenses that were about speed and swarming to the ball.

I was impressed with Harvin also. GB played afraid. They were afraid to throw it to the right side of the field. And their RT back up got abused. You can't run side to side on Seattle that well. They remind me of the old colt defenses that were about speed and swarming to the ball.

Unfortunately for the packers, that was the 3rd string tackle. Their swing tackle who played quite a bit last year tore his ACL in camp. People on this forum like to complain about injuries, but the packers have had season ending injuries to promising young players for what seems like years.

I totally agree with you.  I wrote something yesterday speaking on the same things regarding Green Bay

Now, how did that rant dispute my comment that Denver will win easily?

Denver has had an impressive front for awhile (not enough people talk about how they shutdown Beastmode in the SB). They lost Sean Phillips but they'll have Ware, Miller, Williams, and Pot Roast. I'm sure Nicks can beat Talib fine. The key will be Richardson and the two TE set. With Travathan out and their other ILBs not scaring anyone, I think the TE's should be able to exploit the middle of the field. If Richardson can get going, then even better because it'll open up the passing game.

I will say though that if the run doesn't work early on, we should abandon it completely and start going with 5 WR sets and an empty back-field. Maybe let Rich and Herron catch it out in space, but keep the backs out of the backfield. Or see if Bradshaw can pound it in if he's good to go.

I wouldn't abandon the running game until I have tried extensively to get it going with Bradshaw and Herron/Tipton.  If it can't be done with those two, then we truly know that it's not Richardson or any of their faults.  It's more of the line not blocking worth a hoot.

Broncos in a fairly easy home win. Denver will win in a more impressive manner than Seattle did tonight.

"LOL ur openyun diffrint from ares, i'l post funy pictcher to mak fun of u teh he hyuck hyuck"

But, I see this being a high scoring game, much like last season, with Denver edging out the win. I think the Mathis loss is going to be a huge factor. More so than we had hoped. Because of that, I see Denver's defense being more capable of making 1 or 2 key plays than our D.

"LOL ur openyun diffrint from ares, i'l post funy pictcher to mak fun of u teh he hyuck hyuck"

But, I see this being a high scoring game, much like last season, with Denver edging out the win. I think the Mathis loss is going to be a huge factor. More so than we had hoped. Because of that, I see Denver's defense being more capable of making 1 or 2 key plays than our D.

I'm sticking with a Broncos win with plenty of breathing room.