Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis @ Denver (9-6-14)

oldunclemark

:woah: O line is playing pretty solid?? 

Yeah, the offensive line is fine. Thornton got beat on the one sack, and the other sack Luck held the ball too long. We haven't tried to run the ball enough to have a read on the run blocking. But the problems right now aren't about the offensive line. 

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the offensive line is fine. Thornton got beat on the one sack, and the other sack Luck held the ball too long. We haven't tried to run the ball enough to have a read on the run blocking. But the problems right now aren't about the offensive line.

luck looked a gun shy after the pick with that said no one was probably open so he thought better of it and took the sack which is a sign of growth for him.

This is the same lethargic Colts team as last year, nothing has changed. Bad coaching and not the right personnel to beat a team like Denver. This team just isn't good enough from a talent standpoint to beat the best teams in the playoffs. I'm very disappointed with the lack of focus and effort of this team.

luck looked a gun shy after the pick with that said no one was probably open so he thought better of it and took the sack which is a sign of growth for him.

He's welcome to throw the ball away, IMO. That's better than a sack. But of course, the sack is better than throwing up a duck that gets picked off. 

We knew Denver was more talented coming into this game. The thing I'm most frustrated with is the carry over of poor play calling/game management that we saw last season as well. Let's see if any adjustments are made in the 2nd half

There was a two possession stretch where the play calling was terrible. Also the third and short on the first possession, which I hated. And while I think we should have gone for it on 4th down, it's the first 4th down of the season.

The play calling on the TD drive was much better. Let's see if it carries over.

I disagree. Manning is throwing the ball quickly. We're not covering well, especially Julius Thomas. Can't expect the pass rush to get there in under 2 seconds, which is generally how quickly Manning is getting the ball out.

our lbs are terrible in coverage. We knew this! Look at New Orleans game in preseason. So far we've had our worst cover guys get exploited over and over. Freeman or a corner has to stay on Thomas. Landry and Jackson are a disgrace in coverage. No mistake peyton has gotten them 1 on 1 several times. Luck is best in 2 min drill got to go to that offense going with more screens quick rubs and bunch sets and get Ty and Reggie running those crossing routes. Maybe broncos cheat up and Ty can get behind them.

This is the same lethargic Colts team as last year, nothing has changed. Bad coaching and not the right personnel to beat a team like Denver. This team just isn't good enough from a talent standpoint to beat the best teams in the playoffs. I'm very disappointed with the lack of focus and effort of this team.

100% spot on. NOTHING MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID. 

He's welcome to throw the ball away, IMO. That's better than a sack. But of course, the sack is better than throwing up a duck that gets picked off.

right and I think the latter is what he was avoiding the past couple of years he would have put it up, like I said a sign of growth now the next step teaching him to realize when a play isn't going to work and just throw it away if he can.

our lbs are terrible in coverage. We knew this! Look at New Orleans game in preseason. So far we've had our worst cover guys get exploited over and over. Freeman or a corner has to stay on Thomas. Landry and Jackson are a disgrace in coverage. No mistake peyton has gotten them 1 on 1 several times. Luck is best in 2 min drill got to go to that offense going with more screens quick rubs and bunch sets and get Ty and Reggie running those crossing routes. Maybe broncos cheat up and Ty can get behind them.

To be fair, Julius Thomas is a monster, and Manning is a monster. But yeah, I wouldn't choose to put any of our LBs on anyone in space right now. They've been outmatched all game.

There was a two possession stretch where the play calling was terrible. Also the third and short on the first possession, which I hated. And while I think we should have gone for it on 4th down, it's the first 4th down of the season.

The play calling on the TD drive was much better. Let's see if it carries over.

But that's the problem

It always seems Pep doesn't open the playbook up until we're down

Open the book from the start

I will say this, Hated Arian's offense but the deficits we've faced in the Pep era far outweigh the ones in the Arian's era and that's bad cause Luck was a rookie

But that's the problem

I will say this, Hated Arian's offense but the deficits we've faced in the Pep era far outweigh the ones in the Arian's era and that's bad cause Luck was a rookie

No, the first possession was fine. Until the third down play call. IMO

To be fair, Julius Thomas is a monster, and Manning is a monster. But yeah, I wouldn't choose to put any of our LBs on anyone in space right now. They've been outmatched all game.

freeman has been best. Not great but much better. Also all the blitzing has put us in bad coverages.

The o-line actually has played great today, it's Luck and every WR but Wayne that hasn't shown up. Luck has a lot of great years ahead of him but hes not ready yet to take the next step. This team is still 2 years away from being a serious AFC title game contender, defense isn't good enough and Luck still makes too many mistakes during crucial times.

But that's the problem

they had a very good drive going to open the game until Luck made a bass pass to Fleener.

Yeah what he said was reaching but I see what he's getting at. The 2 playoff appearances from Luck carrying the team has lead to people thinking the team doesn't have major holes.

I think that's backward. I think the two playoff appearances has people forgetting that this team is at least a year ahead of schedule. 

EDIT: Oh, and it's Week 1.