Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Gordon pulled over for speeding and pot found in the car

OffensivelyPC

. But usually, the police don't search the passengers in a vehicle for a routine traffic stop..

They do if there's black folk in the car. 

Seen it evidenced for myself in Greenwood, IN years ago. Was taking a black employee home at 2am and was pulled over for going 35 in 30 (even though I was going 30 ~ Never had a speeding ticket in 25 years of driving). We had passed the cop coming out of the parking lot and their headlights shown right across my passengers face, and they pulled right in behind us. 

They inexplicably ran a drug dog on my vehicle. When the search was over, the officer handed me my license back and I asked him "How does it make you feel to lie about probable cause"? The cops face.....priceless. Needless to say, we had a very heated verbal exchange, nothing I can type here. 

When we drove off I commented "What the hell was that all about". Titus just looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

He proceeded to tell me he's been pulled over 12 times in the last year in Johnson county. 

Anywho....I wonder if the NFL will still enforce draconian rules about pot when it gets legalized federally? It's happening, whether you squares think so or not. 

NFL: "You can't smoke marijuana and play in our esteemed league. What's that? You hurt your knee in the 2nd quarter. Here, have an injection of pure codeine". 

Pigs.........

I do not believe a suspension can be longer than the prescribed amount.   This time around for Gordon is one year, so that's the maximum.    But, should some type of extenuating or mitigating circumstances be found it could be reduced to say,  8 games.   But so far,  that is not expected.

I'm sure if I'm wrong on this, someone here will come along and correct me.   But this is all my understanding of things.....

Thank you for clearing that up, does that mean once you know you you're suspended you can almost tear it up without having to worry about further punishment? 

It's a separate infraction altogether.  He could get up to a year for the failed test, and he could theoretically get punished for having weed in his car (which would be on top of hte year long suspension).  I suppose they could just bundle the two together and give him the year suspension, but that's really up to the commissioner.

Thank you for clearing that up, does that mean once you know you you're suspended you can almost tear it up without having to worry about further punishment? 

That's an interesting point, and I hadn't thought of that.    But,  I think the bottom line would be "no"....   because once your suspended, that incident is done.   You may be serving out your punishment,  but that incident has been handled. 

So, if you get into further trouble,  whatever that new incident is,  would be separate from the one that got you suspended for a year.    And that would turn into yet another round of legal trouble for the player with the NFL......

I hope I didn't tangle-up that explanation into a big knot?!

Indeed, correct me if I'm wrong but the league hasn't decided his punishment as yet? Point being even if he walks away from any criminal charges, the ahem narrative ( :P) of events is already out there and surely will have an influence on the league's decision. Now we all expected it to be a season long suspension, question I have is can they make it even longer than this?

All the talent in the world, why would you throw it all away like this?

I'm not sure whether they can increase his impending suspension, but I know that they can reduce it if they see the basis to do so. So rather than keeping himself absolutely free of any trouble and out of the news, in hopes that they lessen the punishment, he finds himself tied to another headline involving drugs. 

Seen it evidenced for myself in Greenwood, IN years ago. Was taking a black employee home at 2am and was pulled over for going 35 in 30 (even though I was going 30 ~ Never had a speeding ticket in 25 years of driving). We had passed the cop coming out of the parking lot and their headlights shown right across my passengers face, and they pulled right in behind us. 

They inexplicably ran a drug dog on my vehicle. When the search was over, the officer handed me my license back and I asked him "How does it make you feel to lie about probable cause"? The cops face.....priceless. Needless to say, we had a very heated verbal exchange, nothing I can type here. 

When we drove off I commented "What the hell was that all about". Titus just looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

He proceeded to tell me he's been pulled over 12 times in the last year in Johnson county. 

Anywho....I wonder if the NFL will still enforce draconian rules about pot when it gets legalized federally? It's happening, whether you squares think so or not. 

NFL: "You can't smoke marijuana and play in our esteemed league. What's that? You hurt your knee in the 2nd quarter. Here, have an injection of pure codeine". 

Pigs.........

Yeah, I've been pulled over a few times for DWB. I happen to live in a more culturally diverse part of the country, so it's probably not as bad, but it still happens. I can't speak to this incident with Josh Gordon; I don't even know where he got pulled over, what time it was, etc. But I do wonder why/how they found the drugs, if he was only pulled over for speeding.

As for the NFL's drug policy, there's talk of easing up on marijuana. We'll see where it goes. I don't think the NFL is compelled to allow players to use anything simply because it's legal; a lot of the so-called PEDs that are restricted are perfectly legal. Others are legal with a prescription, but are still banned by the NFL (and other sports leagues). I think the entire thing needs to be reworked, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Pigs.........

The NFL will treat pot the same as alcohol which is also legal. If a player has an issue abusing it he will not play and go into rehab.

Yeah, I've been pulled over a few times for DWB. I happen to live in a more culturally diverse part of the country, so it's probably not as bad, but it still happens. I can't speak to this incident with Josh Gordon; I don't even know where he got pulled over, what time it was, etc. But I do wonder why/how they found the drugs, if he was only pulled over for speeding.

As for the NFL's drug policy, there's talk of easing up on marijuana. We'll see where it goes. I don't think the NFL is compelled to allow players to use anything simply because it's legal; a lot of the so-called PEDs that are restricted are perfectly legal. Others are legal with a prescription, but are still banned by the NFL (and other sports leagues). I think the entire thing needs to be reworked, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Good points. Just because certain drugs are legal does not mean the NFL will allow its players to use them especially if they are performance enhancing or inhibitive. In the end it is their league and they make the rules. But I agree that changes are coming at some point.

I don't know why, but I always assumed you were white because you had a picture of superman (it's the only face I can put to you).  I mean, I guess it's not a bad thing looking like superman lol.

LOL

Did you assume I wore tights and a cape and could fly, etc.? 

Yeah, I'm a black guy. I just like Superman. This is what I REALLY look like...

idris-elba-oscar-comment-300-1.jpg

Ladies...?

LOL

Ladies...?

You mean you don't wear a cape and fly around fighting super villains?  If I could photoshop, I totally would put a cape on this picture and make the background look like you're flying in the sky. 

You mean you don't wear a cape and fly around fighting super villains?  If I could photoshop, I totally would put a cape on this picture and make the background look like you're flying in the sky. 

I didn't know this existed. Google is a heckuva drug...

1383418612-idris-elba-tears-up-the-decks

It's clear at this point that Josh Gordon is just not a very smart person. 

This incident only confirms my theory that Josh Gordon was the product of a terrible cloning accident where a sample of Randy Moss' DNA got contaminated after somehow coming into contact with Charles Rogers.

O.V.E.R.R.A.T.E.D.

Does anyone remember when he was bragging on Twitter a few years ago about getting stoned?

This kid has wasted his talent.

Overrated and waste of talent? Do you think when you say anything.

Overrated though? More talented than any receiver the Saints ever had.

• 3 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11009140/josh-gordon-cleveland-browns-caught-speeding-passenger-had-marijuana

Looked and didn't see this article posted.  This guy is unbelievable.  All the talent in the world and just can't stay out of trouble.  Regardless of your feelings on pot, if you are in a substance abuse program and can't dissociate yourself with weed, regardless of whether it's yours or your passengers, you've got an addiction and/or abuse problem.  I just don't understand guys like this.  I don't think people care if you smoke, but when you're under close scrutiny, just stay clean man.

seems like only yesterday...

I agree he certainly had an argument last year for being the best receiver in the NFL.  Had more yards then Calvin Johnson by far with worse quarterbacking.  Granted Megatron was out for a couple games, but still I would say Gordon had the better season especially when you consider the quarterback situation.  

Kind of hard to have any year in the league when you are so stupid you can't find the will power to stay away from pot. No matter what your opinion is about pot being illegal you signed a contract to get paid very good money. This clown has always had a pot problem and chances are he will always be that way. I am all for second chances but this * has had more than his share. All the talent in the world means zero without the mind strength to match. He is weak mentally. 

Pigs.........

Whine all you care to. Pot is not legal and if you can't have the will power to not risk your job that's on you. This clown signed a contract to get paid and then failed at honoring that contract. Is he mentally challenged? Mentally weak? Or both?  No matter your opinion on the legal aspects of pot it is not legal in the NFL. Period, end of story. 

Whine all you care to. Pot is not legal and if you can't have the will power to not risk your job that's on you. This clown signed a contract to get paid and then failed at honoring that contract. Is he mentally challenged? Mentally weak? Or both?  No matter your opinion on the legal aspects of pot it is not legal in the NFL. Period, end of story. 

The real question is; Should the NFL throw players off a cliff for such a silly offense? i.e. is the punishment disproportionate to the offense? 

I 100% agree that it's ridiculous to do your career such a disservice because you couldn't abstain from smoking pot. Absolutely agree. However, in the pursuit of honest, intellectual conversation on this matter, I think it's fair to propose that the NFL should evolve it's stance on marijuana in the same way we've seen our society, our laws, evolve. 

As well, I have to point out the hypocritical practice of handing out powerful, highly addictive and oft times deadly opiate pain medications like frickin' candy to players while simultaneously maintaining this stance that pot is on-par with cocaine etc......

Just some fodder for conversation. There's no need for you to use inflammatory verbiage such as "whine" when responding....btw. I'm not "whining". I don't play in the NFL so I don't care. I just think it's a bit silly. Akin to suspending players for getting speeding tickets for 5-10mph over the limit. 

The real question is; Should the NFL throw players off a cliff for such a silly offense? i.e. is the punishment disproportionate to the offense? 

I 100% agree that it's ridiculous to do your career such a disservice because you couldn't abstain from smoking pot. Absolutely agree. However, in the pursuit of honest, intellectual conversation on this matter, I think it's fair to propose that the NFL should evolve it's stance on marijuana in the same way we've seen our society, our laws, evolve. 

As well, I have to point out the hypocritical practice of handing out powerful, highly addictive and oft times deadly opiate pain medications like frickin' candy to players while simultaneously maintaining this stance that pot is on-par with cocaine etc......

Just some fodder for conversation. There's no need for you to use inflammatory verbiage such as "whine" when responding....btw. I'm not "whining". I don't play in the NFL so I don't care. I just think it's a bit silly. Akin to suspending players for getting speeding tickets for 5-10mph over the limit. 

The real question? There is no question. Pot is illegal no matter if you think it should be or not. The whine comment was in response to your pig comment. The pigs as you call them don't make the laws, just enforce them. Without those people you call pigs this country would not exist as we know it. The pig comment is disrespectful to those who put their lives on the line so for you to lower yourself down to that level shows your character? Or lack of?

The real question? There is no question. Pot is illegal no matter if you think it should be or not. The whine comment was in response to your pig comment. The pigs as you call them don't make the laws, just enforce them. Without those people you call pigs this country would not exist as we know it. The pig comment is disrespectful to those who put their lives on the line so for you to lower yourself down to that level shows your character? Or lack of?

I used the term "pig" in a figurative manner, indicating hypocrisy. Aimed not at the police, but rather, the NFL. For doping up their players with dangerous drugs just to get a win while demonizing a harmless plant. 

I understand the confusion. I get rather mixed up here sometimes myself. No sweat. It was my fault for starting off about an unfortunate incident with a knuckle-head cop and ending with a shot at the league. 

PS: My bro is a 12 year IMPD vet. I wouldn't make such a generalization of the men and women whom risk their lives protecting our society. 

The real question? There is no question. Pot is illegal no matter if you think it should be or not.

...and so is speeding. I call into question the need for such severe penalties regarding something that is fast becoming socially acceptable. Society evolves, so should rules of sport. 

Is it really inconsistent that the NFL, an employer, allows legal painkillers so players can play..

..but doesnt allow still illegal recreational drugs that have no value as medicine..

Setting aside drinking and smoking weed and drioving risks other lives....

.... a lot of young people simply like to break rules...it empowers them..

..and raging about hypocrisy when you got caught doing something wrong (I don't know Josh did that) indicates that a young man is

one of those who are always looking for rules to break. He's seems to be no martyr..just a guy who doesn't like rules

I used the term "pig" in a figurative manner, indicating hypocrisy. Aimed not at the police, but rather, the NFL. For doping up their players with dangerous drugs just to get a win while demonizing a harmless plant. 

I understand the confusion. I get rather mixed up here sometimes myself. No sweat. It was my fault for starting off about an unfortunate incident with a knuckle-head cop and ending with a shot at the league. 

PS: My bro is a 12 year IMPD vet. I wouldn't make such a generalization of the men and women whom risk their lives protecting our society. 

...and so is speeding. I call into question the need for such severe penalties regarding something that is fast becoming socially acceptable. Society evolves, so should rules of sport. 

For some reason some feel like pot is not addictive and is just fine. I have been on both sides of the fence on this matter. I used to be a big partier in my younger days no doubt. But the difference is knowing when and where to do your partying. When your job depends on you being straight then you need the will power to not smoke weed. The legality has zero to do with a person having priorities. I know I don't want my grandchildren sharing the road with potheads no matter if it's legal or not. Just because some want it legal does not make it OK. Alcohol is legal and look at the problems it causes. Why are so many totally blind to the fact that any drug that is used as so called recreational is not a good thing. I grew up babysitting junkies because I never went with a needle. I still to this day see the finale results from additions that some say is OK. Drug abuse is still drug abuse no matter what drug is your choice. Pot, pills, crack or any other drug of your chosing are drugs just the same. Just the money aspect of drug abuse is too oftened overlooked. Opinions vary from person to person and it's not too hard to separate those who feel pot should be legal. The number one problem this country is facing is drugs. Making them legal does not solve the problem.

For some reason some feel like pot is not addictive and is just fine. I have been on both sides of the fence on this matter. I used to be a big partier in my younger days no doubt. But the difference is knowing when and where to do your partying. When your job depends on you being straight then you need the will power to not smoke weed. The legality has zero to do with a person having priorities. I know I don't want my grandchildren sharing the road with potheads no matter if it's legal or not. Just because some want it legal does not make it OK. Alcohol is legal and look at the problems it causes. Why are so many totally blind to the fact that any drug that is used as so called recreational is not a good thing. I grew up babysitting junkies because I never went with a needle. I still to this day see the finale results from additions that some say is OK. Drug abuse is still drug abuse no matter what drug is your choice. Pot, pills, crack or any other drug of your chosing are drugs just the same. Just the money aspect of drug abuse is too oftened overlooked. Opinions vary from person to person and it's not too hard to separate those who feel pot should be legal. The number one problem this country is facing is drugs. Making them legal does not solve the problem.

ewwww...yeah. I'm not getting into a discussion of this nature here. 

Suffice to say, you've painted a picture of American life where the "number one problem" is people getting high and not....cancer

O.V.E.R.R.A.T.E.D.

Does anyone remember when he was bragging on Twitter a few years ago about getting stoned?

This kid has wasted his talent.

I wouldn't classify Mr. Gordon as overrated Bogie, but I do agree that he is intentionally throwing away a promising NFL career though, which is quite sad. I'm still trying to decided if this latest mishap is self inflicted arrogance or a free fall into death, addiction, & a dark abyss. 

Maybe after this suspension he'll turn over a new leaf.

drug00004.gif

Usually, I don't mock other people's misfortunes, but I gotta give it to ya man. That cartoon is hilarious PAC 56 & clever too! 5 thumbs up for your wit & ingenuity there my friend.  :thmup:

LOL

Ladies...?

Who knew that actor Idris Elba was your identical twin Superman? Just kidding! Well played BTW.  :hat:

ewwww...yeah. I'm not getting into a discussion of this nature here. 

Suffice to say, you've painted a picture of American life where the "number one problem" is people getting high and not....cancer

I will agree that this is off subject and will not make any more comments about it. I am passionate about the problems that any drug abuse causes because of personal reasons. Truce.

Now I will always picture you as "Luther"