Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

hats off to a class act.

csmopar

Was at the Indy 500 parade today. Someone from the crowd just down from me tossed Andrew Luck a football as he went by. Andrew catches it. Pulls out a marker, signs it and throws it back. Pretty cool thing to see. To me, that was pretty cool for him to do considering he was in the midst of a parade.

He was very into it at the parade. Waving both hands and his head at times. He came across as very excited to be there and extremely likable.

Goofy into from what I saw on TV. Very like able guy. Loved manning but there is something about the guy. Has an Everyman quality but not Everyman talent.

to early to judge brave lol     peyton was horrible in most playoff games 

Boy do i hate it when people say this...If you look at the stats he played just as well as he did during the regular season.  We justs didnt have a defense to back him.

Boy do i hate it when people say this...If you look at the stats he played just as well as he did during the regular season.  We justs didnt have a defense to back him.

Ummm, no to this. Nowhere near as good in the playoffs as the regular season, perhaps sir it is you who should check the stats

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/

My co-worker saw Andrew downtown last night in suit and tie, no beard, as well as Robert Mathis signing autographs.

I think his neck beard is something that he just grows during the season.  My guess is to keep his face warm as it gets cold or something.  

He seems to shave it immediately after the season is up.  

front.jpg?v=2013-10-09-18-14

Ummm, no to this. Nowhere near as good in the playoffs as the regular season, perhaps sir it is you who should check the stats

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/post/

http://georgetownsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/does-peyton-manning-perform-worse-in-the-playoffs/

https://www.bsports.com/iotd/stats-insight-of-the-day-peyton-mannings-playoff-struggles#.U4lxgCgYGN8

And ya...looking at the numbers they are about the same. 

Regular Season:

65.5% completion

2.2 TD/Int

7.69 ypa

11.7 ypc

270.6 ypg

97.2 rating

Post season:

64.34% completion

1.5 TD/Int

7.41 ypa

11.5 ypc

286.4 ypg

86.8 rating

All those numbers are nearly identical, the only thing different is the TD/Int ratio which affects the passer rating.  Completion percentage is only 1%, yards per attempt are nearly the same, yards per completion nearly the same and his yards per game is actually higher.  The number difference is so negligible that to say he is a drastically different player or worse in the playoffs is laughable.  Heck, i remember an article being posted here by a new england reporter who says the same thing.  Manning is virtually no different in the playoffs than he is in regular season. 

Boy do i hate it when people say this...If you look at the stats he played just as well as he did during the regular season. We justs didnt have a defense to back him.

Absurdly false. In fact, there were a couple of years when the Colts' defense was one of the best in the league.

Funny how people reconstruct the past .

Absurdly false. In fact, there were a couple of years when the Colts' defense was one of the best in the league.

this is true. Best in the league, when you look at the past, still allowed 28 points from the chargers and their backup qb and rb in 2008. They never showed up when it counted. Youre in the minority to believe our defense was good in the playoffs. The only time our defense showed up was during our SB runs. Look at 06' for proof. We won and Manning got mvp, but his numbers weren't outstanding. He didn't need to be. Go through our playoff games and see how bad or D was. Allowing tons of rush yards constantly.

http://georgetownsportsanalysis.wordpress.com/2014/01/17/does-peyton-manning-perform-worse-in-the-playoffs/

https://www.bsports.com/iotd/stats-insight-of-the-day-peyton-mannings-playoff-struggles#.U4lxgCgYGN8

And ya...looking at the numbers they are about the same. 

Regular Season:

65.5% completion

2.2 TD/Int

7.69 ypa

11.7 ypc

270.6 ypg

97.2 rating

Post season:

64.34% completion

1.5 TD/Int

7.41 ypa

11.5 ypc

286.4 ypg

86.8 rating

All those numbers are nearly identical, the only thing different is the TD/Int ratio which affects the passer rating.  Completion percentage is only 1%, yards per attempt are nearly the same, yards per completion nearly the same and his yards per game is actually higher.  The number difference is so negligible that to say he is a drastically different player or worse in the playoffs is laughable.  Heck, i remember an article being posted here by a new england reporter who says the same thing.  Manning is virtually no different in the playoffs than he is in regular season. 

In all fairness most games in the playoffs he was just awful, there are a couple of really good games in there that skew the stats

Boy, I've been a Colts fan for a long time and really started to understand the NFL in the mid 90s.  I never remember the Colts defense being one of the best in the league during the Manning era.  His 2nd year they had a stout D for the first half of the season but then when they lost Royal, Wooten, and King and the Biscuit they went down hill.  A couple of years under Dungy they were an opportunistic D and perhaps a top 15 but never one that was considered one of the best in the league.

Oops I shouldn't say never, I think in 2005 they had the top ranked scoring D, that was the year Dungy's son committed suicide.  No one knows what would have happened but I truly believe that the Colts would have won the SB that year had that not happened.

• 2 weeks later...

In all fairness most games in the playoffs he was just awful, there are a couple of really good games in there that skew the stats

In all fairness...statistically speaking with how many playoff games he has played, a couple of good game would not skew the numbers so much as to make them identical to his season.  it would take atleast half of them if he is playing as bad as you say.  Therefore it nullifies the argument to begin with.  But youre going to believe what you want in the end rather than looking at the numbers.

Before the parade started they PA guy made it clear that autographs were a big no no. So obviously some guy thought the rules didn't apply to him and threw Andrew Luck a football. Luck would look like the jerk if he didn't sign it.

I worked the parade as a volunteer. I was there from 6 am till after 4pm. Never heard said announcement. The only announcement I heard related was to tell people to stay off the street and not run out during the parade.

andrew must be running out of sharpies haha

Good one CR91! Maybe former WR Terrell Owens can send some Sharpie's Luck's way & they can compare the penmanship on either other's signature.  :P  I ran out of likes darn it. Thanks for making me laugh. 

to_sharpie.png

Good job if wasn't a playoff race or he would have thrown it back to the wrong guy.......

*ducks*

I was just joshing. He's gonna be a FB HOF'er. No harm in having some fun!

Sarcasm as an artform is so under appreciated today especially those rare few individuals like yourself who use it with precision accuracy & maximum impact.

I thought it was hilarious BHC. Well played sir. Well played.  :hat:

Before the parade started they PA guy made it clear that autographs were a big no no. So obviously some guy thought the rules didn't apply to him and threw Andrew Luck a football. Luck would look like the jerk if he didn't sign it.

There wasn't an announcement made over the PA about autographs

Yes because two people on this board don't remember it, means that the thousands of other people there didn't hear it either.

Either there was no announcement or you happened to be by the one booth that made it. Besides. Why does it matter?