Adongo at 282!

Smonroe

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about the Robert Mathis suspension

Now I DEFINITELY hope Manusky gets more aggressive this season

All these versatile players, use them. During Robert's absence i expect big things from

McNary

D'Qwell Jackson

Cory Redding

Arthur Jones

Daniel Adongo

Greg Toler

Laron Landry

That would be his responsibility in a multi front defense. It's what Mathis does now.

No.  I'm saying at that size I think you could also slide him(adongo) inside as a DE in a 3-4 front if warranted(probably wouldn't be).  Or even a DT on passing downs coming out of a 4-3.  For example(just hypothetical) Mathis at DE, Adongo at DT, RJF/Werner at DT and Newsome at the other DE.

Mathis does not have enough bulk to do that in a 3-4.  I get what you're saying though.  You're saying

Mathis plays the OLB in the 3-4, and the DE in the 4-3.  

I was just thinking of scenarios out loud. 

Forgot about the Robert Mathis suspension

Now I DEFINITELY hope Manusky gets more aggressive this season

All these versatile players, use them. During Robert's absence i expect big things from

McNary

D'Qwell Jackson

Cory Redding

Arthur Jones

Daniel Adongo

Greg Toler

Laron Landry

lmao you don`t even list the best we have.

No idea why you call Landry & Toler Versatile.

lmao you don`t even list the best we have.

No idea why you call Landry & Toler Versatile.

Wasn't calling the players i listed versatile. The versatile statement was generally speaking. The list of players are people I expect to make a jump in improvement this season

And then the new guys/projects i listed I expect good things from them as well

Wich is exactly what I expect barring injuries ,is for some to step it up bigtime.

Stepping up is different than becoming a star.  The front line vets are solid and we know their ceiling - no stars except Mathis.  Vontae has the talent to be a star, and let's hope he makes it.  For you to be right you'll need a new stud to emerge at every level of the defense and supplant a vet.  Who are those 3 guys?

Stepping up is different than becoming a star.  The front line vets are solid and we know their ceiling - no stars except Mathis.  Vontae has the talent to be a star, and let's hope he makes it.  For you to be right you'll need a new stud to emerge at every level of the defense and supplant a vet.  Who are those 3 guys?

Sorry disagree with you its a team overall thing a star or 2 wont pull it off ,that's where our views differ and that's ok.

Here's the article that ignited this topic:

Colts Notebook: Adongo growing on field and off By George Bremer 05/21/2014 7:12 PM

INDIANAPOLIS — Daniel Adongo is likely to be one of the first players fans will be drawn to when they get their initial look at the 2014 Indianapolis Colts later this summer.

The former professional rugby player was asked to add bulk during the offseason to better handle the rigors of the NFL. And he did an admirable job.

Listed at 257 pounds in 2013, the budding outside linebacker said he now tips the scales at 282. And he doesn't expect the added weight to affect his playing style.

"I try and stay as athletic as I can," Adongo said Wednesday at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center. "It hasn't slowed me down (much), if at all. It's just an added advantage being able to move at this weight."

The native Kenyan's diet consisted of little more than fruit and nuts when he arrived in the United States for the first time last summer. So it wasn't difficult to add protein and increase bulk.

Adongo is hoping a crash course during the team's offseason workout sessions this spring will have a similar effect on his on-field performance.

"It's a big difference, and you can see that because I didn't have this period last year," he said. "I just went straight into training camp. As I said, I wanted to reiterate, this period for me is to work on my craft and really learn the intricate details of my position and our playbook."

He's already come a long way for a player who'd never played a snap of American football before last July.

Now he could become an intriguing darkhorse in the race to fill franchise sack-leader Robert Mathis' role for the first four games of the regular season. Mathis has said he sees a little of himself in Adongo, and the second-year defender has been a willing student.

"Robert's a great mentor and a great person, great father figure, and with what's happened, it's just an opportunity for other guys to step up and really play in that role," Adongo said. "Because what we've learned from him is priceless. A guy who's as talented as he is, with the amount of sacks he got last year, we can only just soak up what he does and just try and emulate that this year."

Sorry disagree with you its a team overall thing a star or 2 wont pull it off ,that's where our views differ and that's ok.

We don't differ about the overall team thing, but you can't be dominant without a few difference-makers.  If we could pull it off, great, but we'd be the first to do it historically.

Thats 25 pounds according to what his listed weight is on Colts.com of 257lbs....I still have a hard time believing that coaching staff told him to add that much weight, I also have a harder time believing that all that weight added is muscle in such a short amount of time....5 months.....25lbs of muscle?

From the horses mouth:

@gmbremer: Don't have it on video, but Daniel Adongo confirmed his weight is up to 282. Said he hasn't lost any speed, however. #Colts

We don't differ about the overall team thing, but you can't be dominant without a few difference-makers.  If we could pull it off, great, but we'd be the first to do it historically.

Got to disagree on that one ,who were all the so called superstars on the Dolphins championship teams as well as the Dallas no names ,and IMO  the 85 Bears ,tell me how many of those Bears are in the H.O.F as we speak ?Other than Ray Lewis who was in this catigorie with the great Raven Ds ?

I wonder if they plan on moving him to DE. He's basically the same size as JJ Watt, and from what it sounds like has the same kind of freakish athleticism. Maybe they're looking for him to become an interior pass rusher. 

THE best 3-4 DE in the NFL is a 6’5", 289 lb athletic freak named Watt. Not saying Adongo can even get close to that level, but until I see otherwise, he’s got he physical tools to make an impact. Mathis and Adongo can be the Colts version of Watt and Clowney. Watch out world! The  :colts: is going to the team to be reckoning with. 

Thats 25 pounds according to what his listed weight is on Colts.com of 257lbs....I still have a hard time believing that coaching staff told him to add that much weight, I also have a harder time believing that all that weight added is muscle in such a short amount of time....5 months.....25lbs of muscle?

Might be possible as his diet was nuts and berries when he arrived here. Also guys built like that will amaze you with how much they weigh. Muscle is so much heavier than fat. That's why when you look at BMI charts people that are heavily muscled fall into the "obese" category.

I read these forums occasionally because they're linked to on the Colts homepage.

I've made this account to make 1 post in response to some of the nonsense spouted on this thread.

The guy who said he added 43 lbs of muscle in little over a year is flat out lying. That is physically impossible. Even if you have a perfect diet, a perfect workout regimen, and take a ton of steroids, I highly doubt you'd come close to that in little over a year.

Also, I'm highly suspicious about Adongo's weight gain if it is claimed to be all muscle. Even for a complete freak of nature like him, that is probably not going to happen naturally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcuhi6RaZ24 

Watch the entire video.

From the horses mouth:

@gmbremer: Don't have it on video, but Daniel Adongo confirmed his weight is up to 282. Said he hasn't lost any speed, however. #Colts

I'll buy the 282. What I don't understand is how you get to 257 and look like that on "fruit and nuts"!

Good genes, I guess.

Got to disagree on that one ,who were all the so called superstars on the Dolphins championship teams as well as the Dallas no names ,and IMO  the 85 Bears ,tell me how many of those Bears are in the H.O.F as we speak ?Other than Ray Lewis who was in this catigorie with the great Raven Ds ?

The 85 Bears were FAR from a no name defense. Just because they aren't in the HOF doesn't mean they weren't loaded with talent.

'85 Bears?  HOF - Dent, Singletary, Hampton? Add studs like Steve McMichael, Otis Wilson and Wilbur Marshall along with Duerson and Fencik on the back end.  Loaded with difference-makers.

2000 Ravens? Same thing. You need to scan that roster - it is loaded with difference-makers.  

Cowboys?  Depends on which team, and I'm not sure which one you mean, but all the Superbowl teams have been loaded on the defensive side.

Dolphins of '72 were the no names you are referring to because the offense received so much attention, and they had at least 4 pro bowlers on the defensive side.

'85 Bears?  HOF - Dent, Singletary, Hampton? Add studs like Steve McMichael, Otis Wilson and Wilbur Marshall along with Duerson and Fencik on the back end.  Loaded with difference-makers.

2000 Ravens? Same thing. You need to scan that roster - it is loaded with difference-makers.  

Cowboys?  Depends on which team, and I'm not sure which one you mean, but all the Superbowl teams have been loaded on the defensive side.

Dolphins of '72 were the no names you are referring to because the offense received so much attention, and they had at least 4 pro bowlers on the defensive side.

Well I stand corrected by the expert .Not ! Its the team not individuals,Are you saying the talent isn't here  ?I say it is if used proper.

You must crossfit...

LOL... Im actually competing this weekend in the Light Heavy Wt bodybuilding division at Charelston, SC ( jr USA).

I've been bodybuilding long enough to know that someone doesn't gain 25lbs of muscle in less than a year.

It took me three years to get around 240lbs around 14% bf off season from 226lbs. I compete at 195lbs at 5'9, 4% bf.

Bodybuilders on juice would die for 5lbs of muscle in less than a year.

Obviously the 25lbs is more fat and water than muscle.

His arms are like freaking tree trunks!

Yeah he kind of looks about the size as he did in some of his Rugby picks, jacked. Hopefully he learned a lot about the game from last ear, studied ect. From a raw physical perspective the guy seems like a freak. Hope to see him in the preseason.

5 pounds a month is easy with the proper food and lifting routine. They have access to professional help in all those areas. With very minimal fat. Some fat is not bad. He will also lose some when they hit training camp.

25lbs of muscle in 5 months is EASY with proper food and lifting routine?

It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about.

Even with great genetics and a good steroid cycle it would be very difficult to gain that much muscle in five months.

Even with great genetics and a good steroid cycle it would be very difficult to gain that much muscle in five months.

Before we get too wrapped up about his weight there are a couple things we really don't know - when was his original weight listed and his true weight now.

He may have been 257 when he first came over and may not officially be 282 now. Remember, that's what he told Bremmer.

We ought to be more interested if he's learned how to play football. I'm sure you know a lot of muscle bound body builders who have no mobility, athletic prowess, or who never played the game. All we know about Adongo is that he played rugby.

Well since I've probably been lifting since you were in diapers you have no idea what you're talking about. I've put 43 solid pounds on in little over a year. I do agree once you get to a certain weight it makes it a little harder.

LOL... Im actually competing this weekend in the Light Heavy Wt bodybuilding division at Charelston, SC ( jr USA).

I've been bodybuilding long enough to know that someone doesn't gain 25lbs of muscle in less than a year.

It took me three years to get around 240lbs around 14% bf off season from 226lbs. I compete at 195lbs at 5'9, 4% bf.

Bodybuilders on juice would die for 5lbs of muscle in less than a year.

Obviously the 25lbs is more fat and water than muscle.

There's always water/fat gain when bulking. Doesn't mean it's mostly NOT muscle. And congrats, I've always been a power lifter through my early years but have been doing more bodybuilding recently just for more of a healthy and aesthetic look.

Oh yeah, tell Big Ramy you can't put on 25 pounds in 5 months...

I read these forums occasionally because they're linked to on the Colts homepage.

I've made this account to make 1 post in response to some of the nonsense spouted on this thread.

The guy who said he added 43 lbs of muscle in little over a year is flat out lying. That is physically impossible. Even if you have a perfect diet, a perfect workout regimen, and take a ton of steroids, I highly doubt you'd come close to that in little over a year.

Also, I'm highly suspicious about Adongo's weight gain if it is claimed to be all muscle. Even for a complete freak of nature like him, that is probably not going to happen naturally.

Watch the entire video.

I said it and no I'm not. Trying getting off your couch and out down the mcdonalds! I was once much bigger. So not that hard to jump back up to were you was. And frankly I don't care, I walk around jacked and ripped. You're probably round or crack head skinny...