Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Jim Caldwell Leave The Indianapolis Colts For Penn State?

sb2001

Something tells me that after the process of justice runs its course.... Penn State will need to and want to make a full and clean break with no coaching tentacles whatsoever to the Joe Paterno era.

The situation is very clearly THAT bad.

Oddly enough.... Tony Dungy might actually be the best man for the job.

Something tells me that after the process of justice runs its course.... Penn State will need to and want to make a full and clean break with no coaching tentacles whatsoever to the Joe Paterno era.

The situation is very clearly THAT bad.

Oddly enough.... Tony Dungy might actually be the best man for the job.

I think Dungy is honestly done. Althought I agree if I was Penn State he would be near if not the top of my list of guys to go after. No one in coaching screams morals like he does. He's also a big 10 guy and a defensive guy which is what that program is built around.

No way,I'm sure the minute they see his record at Wake the PSU faithful will pass out.Al Golden,the interim coach, or Urban Meyer is gonna get that job.

Urban Meyer will be the coach of Ohio State, especially if Notre Dame doesn't fire Brian Kelly this year.

We want to push out a guy who took us to the Superbowl? We should be begging the guy to stay with what management has given him in terms of talent. When Peyton comes back and we start winning again all of you fair weather fans will be clamoring on and on about how good of a coach he is just waiting for him to slip so you can bash on him. I wish all these fans calling for Caldwells head and for an 0-16 season would just root for the Eagles with all the other bandwagoning fans.

We want to push out a guy who took us to the Superbowl? We should be begging the guy to stay with what management has given him in terms of talent. When Peyton comes back and we start winning again all of you fair weather fans will be clamoring on and on about how good of a coach he is just waiting for him to slip so you can bash on him. I wish all these fans calling for Caldwells head and for an 0-16 season would just root for the Eagles with all the other bandwagoning fans.

Manning took them to the SB. If anything Caudwell caused them to lose it.

LOL you think Caldwell would choose to go to Penn State? Anybody who thinks this guy is leaving the NFL is sorely mistaken.

If Polian uses Caldwell as the scapegoat and axes him, every team looking for a HC next season will be at Caldwell's doorstep. They'd be glad to have a Super Bowl experienced coach take the reigns. No way would Caldwell want to fall down to the college ranks with the luxury of having the pick of the litter of NFL teams the following season (if scapegoated and fired here).

LOL you think Caldwell would choose to go to Penn State? Anybody who thinks this guy is leaving the NFL is sorely mistaken.

If Polian uses Caldwell as the scapegoat and axes him, every team looking for a HC next season will be at Caldwell's doorstep. They'd be glad to have a Super Bowl experienced coach take the reigns. No way would Caldwell want to fall down to the college ranks with the luxury of having the pick of the litter of NFL teams the following season (if scapegoated and fired here).

rotfl Caldwell would be the most sought-after coaching commodity in the NFL after being fired following an 0-16 season? Are you his publicist or something?

I know.

I think its funny how some say caldwell stinks, Polian stinks, Irsay stinks, and players stink.

Some think that peyton was the only thing of value in this organization.

They have no clue what is wrong and are perfectly happy to throw out the "baby with the bathwater".

I certainly don't have the answer but FIRING EVERYONE is not it. Unless they are ready for an even tuffer road ahead.

Makes no sense.

Urban Meyer will be the coach of Ohio State, especially if Notre Dame doesn't fire Brian Kelly this year

true.Brian Kelly won't get canned this early will he?Maybe if Meyer is available they will can him.Al Golden looks like a perfect candidate,even though I am a Miami fan,you can't blame him for leaving for a place he loves and played at,plus who knows what further sanctions are coming down there.

There is a history of head coaches that "took" their teams to the SB. That isn't an indicator, long term or short term, on the coach's ability. If management continually gave Caldwell less talented players (and most agree with that sentiment) why didn't he say something about it or demanded a change in acquisition philosophy or just quit?

Fans have a diversity of viewpoints on the Colts season, its management, coaching and players. So what, some fans disagree with your outlook. One might ask who the heck died and made you the judge of who is a true or fake or "fairweather" fan or a "bandwagoning fans". As a long time fan, I can make a statement that anyone who was not a Colts fan, either in Baltimore or Indy, pre Polian or I only like the Colts because of Manning is not a real fan and only those who mindlessly support Polian and the Colts since Polian came aboard are true fans. That would be an untrue and highly stupid thing to say or write.

As far as your suggestion that people that don't agree with Caldwell's direction with the team should become a fan of another team suggests to me that you really don't know the true core of being a fan. A fan becomes a fan of a team, good or bad and just can't change teams because of bad seasons or bad managemen. They have the right to laud or criticize as their views dictate. You may think you know but you really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will (sorry Jim Mora).

There is a history of head coaches that "took" their teams to the SB. That isn't an indicator, long term or short term, on the coach's ability. If management continually gave Caldwell less talented players (and most agree with that sentiment) why didn't he say something about it or demanded a change in acquisition philosophy or just quit?

Fans have a diversity of viewpoints on the Colts season, its management, coaching and players. So what, some fans disagree with your outlook. One might ask who the heck died and made you the judge of who is a true or fake or "fairweather" fan or a "bandwagoning fans". As a long time fan, I can make a statement that anyone who was not a Colts fan, either in Baltimore or Indy, pre Polian or I only like the Colts because of Manning is not a real fan and only those who mindlessly support Polian and the Colts since Polian came aboard are true fans. That would be an untrue and highly stupid thing to say or write.

As far as your suggestion that people that don't agree with Caldwell's direction with the team should become a fan of another team suggests to me that you really don't know the true core of being a fan. A fan becomes a fan of a team, good or bad and just can't change teams because of bad seasons or bad managemen. They have the right to laud or criticize as their views dictate. You may think you know but you really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will (sorry Jim Mora).

Well said...Well said indeed.

You all know that I want Caldwell out of here as much as anyone but I can't wish Penn State on the brother. That institution is not as innocent in this scandal as they would have us to believe. Joe Pa is being put upfront by the University to take the fall for rampant campus (athletic director) even citywide (police, district attorney) cover up over an extended period of time. According to the Grand Jury Indictment, there were years of reported abuse, multiple incidents and a track record of nothing being done by anyone. Joe Paterno should have done more but the university and certain city public officials also must shoulder their share of the blame here. Penn State is coming down hard on Paterno to try to avert attention from itself, the police department & commonwealth attorney's office. I don't wish for Caldwell to be thrust into that mess of a situation. That's all I am going to say on this.

http://sports.yahoo....ug=ycn-10418421

" Indianapolis head coach Jim Caldwell has strong ties to Penn State , and I wouldn't be shocked to see him as the new lead man for the Nittany Lions when the dust settles."

One could only hope!!

This is not serious..just something someone made up.

We know how the Colts are

Jim Caldwell will be coaching in Indy in 2012.

MRS. Caldwell does JIm know you post on this message board?

You all know that I want Caldwell out of here as much as anyone but I can't wish Penn State on the brother. That institution is not as innocent in this scandal as they would have us to believe. Joe Pa is being put upfront by the University to take the fall for rampant campus (athletic director) even citywide (police, district attorney) cover up over an extended period of time. According to the Grand Jury Indictment, there were years of reported abuse, multiple incidents and a track record of nothing being done by anyone. Joe Paterno should have done more but the university and certain city public officials also must shoulder their share of the blame here. Penn State is coming down hard on Paterno to try to avert attention from itself, the police department & commonwealth attorney's office. I don't wish for Caldwell to be thrust into that mess of a situation. That's all I am going to say on this.

yep,the dime is gonna drop on the ones who really had the coverup on very soon.

Is Penn State really the desperate already? Isnt there other coaches out there thats better. I am sure they can find some division 3 school that is 0 for something that they could steal a coach away from. Maybe find some semi pro league somewhere and recruit that coach. Either of these coaches would be better the Caldwell.

I know.

I think its funny how some say caldwell stinks, Polian stinks, Irsay stinks, and players stink.

Some think that peyton was the only thing of value in this organization.

They have no clue what is wrong and are perfectly happy to throw out the "baby with the bathwater".

I certainly don't have the answer but FIRING EVERYONE is not it. Unless they are ready for an even tuffer road ahead.

Makes no sense.

He is the only thing we got going,18 is.What is it about 0-9 you don't understand,worst team in football .There is something really wrong when that happens because of the absence of 1 player,in fact it is unprecedented.