Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Jim Caldwell Leave The Indianapolis Colts For Penn State?

sb2001

He is the only thing we got going,18 is.What is it about 0-9 you don't understand,worst team in football .There is something really wrong when that happens because of the absence of 1 player,in fact it is unprecedented.

Listen to what you just said..

There must be something wrong when that happens becauseof the abscece of 1 player..

(its not 1 player) and there were other circumstances surrounding that one player.

You have to think about all the reasons..not just 'fire the coach and everything is alright'.

Listen to what you just said..

There must be something wrong when that happens becauseof the abscece of 1 player..

(its not 1 player) and there were other circumstances surrounding that one player.

You have to think about all the reasons..not just 'fire the coach and everything is alright'.

You are correct. Very poor drafting, contract negotiations, player cuts, keeping players beyond their usefulness, incompetent game time decisions, non existing adjustments, watching week after week as out ST fail miserably, watch a pathetic defensive scheme flop time after time........need I go on?

Fire the Polians and Caldwell, and Coyer and ST guy. Stop the rot before we finally ruin Peyton's legacy, or Luck's future. The time is now. really.

You are correct. Very poor drafting, contract negotiations, player cuts, keeping players beyond their usefulness, incompetent game time decisions, non existing adjustments, watching week after week as out ST fail miserably, watch a pathetic defensive scheme flop time after time........need I go on?

Fire the Polians and Caldwell, and Coyer and ST guy. Stop the rot before we finally ruin Peyton's legacy, or Luck's future. The time is now. really.

All of these things are really easy to identify and correct from behind your computer, aren't they?

Isn't it great to be able to sit back and watch/judge from afar without any real knowledge of what's going on?

I can't sit here an tell you I think everything is rosy, but I can tell you that making judgement based only by staring at the bottom line can be quite risky, and isn't bright.

Peyton's legacy? Luck's future? You watch too much TV, and take it seriously.

All of these things are really easy to identify and correct from behind your computer, aren't they?

Isn't it great to be able to sit back and watch/judge from afar without any real knowledge of what's going on?

I can't sit here an tell you I think everything is rosy, but I can tell you that making judgement based only by staring at the bottom line can be quite risky, and isn't bright.

Peyton's legacy? Luck's future? You watch too much TV, and take it seriously.

Thanks for your "voice of reason".

At least some use their brains and don't just act from emotion.

Thanks for your "voice of reason".

At least some use their brains and don't just act from emotion.

I know, you've been a fan for 40 years. yawn. This team stinks, and it's down to poor management. I see it on TV, you are correct. I watched the last 9 games and cringed. Your 'brain' comment was rather pathetic really. Do you know where you emotions are stored? Look, I know you are a 'company man' but you should not let it cloud your reasoning......if you think we are in good hand, that's fine. I however, dont.

I know, you've been a fan for 40 years. yawn. This team stinks, and it's down to poor management. I see it on TV, you are correct. I watched the last 9 games and cringed. Your 'brain' comment was rather pathetic really. Do you know where you emotions are stored? Look, I know you are a 'company man' but you should not let it cloud your reasoning......if you think we are in good hand, that's fine. I however, dont.

Well, I know where women think our brains and emotions are stored, but that's a topic for the Misc Threads.

No one's right, and no one's wrong here, but don't let 0-9 cloud your reasoning.

0-9 so everyone must go and everything must change = emotions, not logic. Plain and simple.

Well, I know where women think our brains and emotions are stored, but that's a topic for the Misc Threads.

No one's right, and no one's wrong here, but don't let 0-9 cloud your reasoning.

0-9 so everyone must go and everything must change = emotions, not logic. Plain and simple.

I don't think most are saying that but Caldwell has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he is not a competent coach without the GOAT QB .It is obvious this entire coaching staff is subpar in Colt's standards.This stupid cover 2 defense is outdated and has to go.They need to start drafting bigger players and better cover corners or acquire them via free agency.We haven't won one single game and there is a reason for that.Getting a real backup NFL QB with at least some semblance of talent would be nice too.Irsay,with alldue respect,needs to stop tweeting sunshine and start making some decisions on people that have been here too long.

I agree , but other than grobe in the last 30 years has anyone who coached there have a winning record?

Bill Dooley ,the coach before Caldwell,had pretty close to .500.Caldwell has,by far,the worst coaching record at Wake in the last 30 years.Definitely qualified to coach an NFL franchise,lol.

Thanks.

I don't follow up on those who just badger. It just gets you booted outta here.

Obviously I see there are problems. But only a nit-wit would fire ALL the coaches, ALL the players (except manning of course, even tho his future doesn't look so good), fire all management, and force Irsay to sell. That is kinda the feeling by some right now. Their emotions are getting the best of them.

I feel the disappointment too. However, fan for forty years or not, my experience in business and life in general has taught me you don't make decisions under emotional distress. (If I've learned anything)

I'm sure Irsay and management, along with the players are thinking of what needs done for the future. Manning or not, a team doesn't have the success they've had over the last 10 years being run by a bunch of trained monkees. These guys aren't stupid. Do they make mistakes? Sure. heck, NE has left their team (mainly defense) decline over the last few years. Even "the great" belichek makes mistakes. IMO, it's ONE year. Yes, a painful year, but I'll hold my criticisms (because WE don't know what to do) until I see a trend of this. Some talk about drafting by Polian. But this year everyone was applauding the draft and even the FA we brought in. The Manning issue followed by a series of other issues have knocked us back. A few of the games (Pitt, etc) we were in. This is with PAINTER.

Many mistakes were made, but to wholesale everyone and everything is just making hastily crazy decisions. IMO.

I don't think most are saying that but Caldwell has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he is not a competent coach without the GOAT QB .It is obvious this entire coaching staff is subpar in Colt's standards.This stupid cover 2 defense is outdated and has to go.They need to start drafting bigger players and better cover corners or acquire them via free agency.We haven't won one single game and there is a reason for that.Getting a real backup NFL QB with at least some semblance of talent would be nice too.Irsay,with alldue respect,needs to stop tweeting sunshine and start making some decisions on people that have been here too long.

I kinda agree with this.

When we left Moore and Mudd go, I don't think we fully realized what that might mean.

Head coach is important, sure. But its the assistants that do the teaching and spend the most time with the players. I'm not sure we are talented enough here. However, other than play on the field, how do we really know? Is it the players or the coaching. Some want to say its both. None of us really know.

I also agree about the cover 2. But of course its not that easy to switch with the players we have. Possibly because of Manning's closing window, the team didn't want to "re-tool" when we have been having relative success. Heck, I could hear many hear complaining why such changes were occuring.

We added OL and DT this year as everyone wanted. I feel progress was made, however the OL and DL have been injury-ridden so we haven't seen the benefit. And I don't see Painter having success even in NE. The team was built around manning. No more no less. It has worked. I'm not gonna fault the organization for that. other things yes, but Manning absence has affected the O, obviously. Its affected the D because they are on the field much more. Even special teams have been affected. Its just the way it is.

I don't have the answers, why would I or anyone here unless they are on the staff and know the real details of what is really responsible for this. But you don't jump to conclusions and clean house without analysis and a plan for the future.

We don't even know if Manning is in the future. Unfortunately, THAT "issue" really has to be addressed FIRST. Whether you're talking coaching or player changes. Anything done before that is just putting the cart before the horse, IMO. You've just gotta find a way to have your head speak louder than your heart on this one.

Thanks.

I don't follow up on those who just badger. It just gets you booted outta here.

Obviously I see there are problems. But only a nit-wit would fire ALL the coaches, ALL the players (except manning of course, even tho his future doesn't look so good), fire all management, and force Irsay to sell. That is kinda the feeling by some right now. Their emotions are getting the best of them.

I feel the disappointment too. However, fan for forty years or not, my experience in business and life in general has taught me you don't make decisions under emotional distress. (If I've learned anything)

I'm sure Irsay and management, along with the players are thinking of what needs done for the future. Manning or not, a team doesn't have the success they've had over the last 10 years being run by a bunch of trained monkees. These guys aren't stupid. Do they make mistakes? Sure. heck, NE has left their team (mainly defense) decline over the last few years. Even "the great" belichek makes mistakes. IMO, it's ONE year. Yes, a painful year, but I'll hold my criticisms (because WE don't know what to do) until I see a trend of this. Some talk about drafting by Polian. But this year everyone was applauding the draft and even the FA we brought in. The Manning issue followed by a series of other issues have knocked us back. A few of the games (Pitt, etc) we were in. This is with PAINTER.

Many mistakes were made, but to wholesale everyone and everything is just making hastily crazy decisions. IMO.

My first post relevant to this topic laid out why I think we are in poor shape, and what I THINK we should do. My opinion is no better or worse, or right or wrong than yours. Then you chucked in the 'brains / emotions' tag line. That my friend is badgering, which I don't really mind about. What I do mind is you making yourself out to the 'good guy'. You are no better than the rest of us who get a little shirty now and then.

You are clearly an articulate poster when you refrain from the personal jabs. Just sayin'.

My first post relevant to this topic laid out why I think we are in poor shape, and what I THINK we should do. My opinion is no better or worse, or right or wrong than yours. Then you chucked in the 'brains / emotions' tag line. That my friend is badgering, which I don't really mind about. What I do mind is you making yourself out to the 'good guy'. You are no better than the rest of us who get a little shirty now and then.

You are clearly an articulate poster when you refrain from the personal jabs. Just sayin'.

hey dude, no need to get snotty.

The brains / emotional comment was right on I thought. It wasn't meant to badger you. And I don't think your opinion has any less "value" than mine. They are just that, opinions.

It wasn't meant to disrespect you. In fact, you started it with the "yawn" thing.

Relax, I'm not out to get you. We can all have varying opinions and still get along. We're all right about some things and wrong about others. Only time will tell.

My point with the brains/emotion thing was just saying we need to try to keep the emotion we are dealing with out of the logical analysis necessary to look at the problems in a feasible and productive manner.

Emotion just clouds our perception of reality, in all aspects of life.

Relax, this season is bad enough without us turning on each other. I certainly mean you no harm.

Hang in there, change WILL come. Its inevitable.

"don't let 0-9 cloud your reasoning" Really?..... Really. This logic is equal to an investment guru that lost ALL your money!

hey dude, no need to get snotty.

The brains / emotional comment was right on I thought. It wasn't meant to badger you. And I don't think your opinion has any less "value" than mine. They are just that, opinions.

It wasn't meant to disrespect you. In fact, you started it with the "yawn" thing.

Relax, I'm not out to get you. We can all have varying opinions and still get along. We're all right about some things and wrong about others. Only time will tell.

My point with the brains/emotion thing was just saying we need to try to keep the emotion we are dealing with out of the logical analysis necessary to look at the problems in a feasible and productive manner.

Emotion just clouds our perception of reality, in all aspects of life.

Relax, this season is bad enough without us turning on each other. I certainly mean you no harm.

Hang in there, change WILL come. Its inevitable.

Fair shout Wool. Let's move on. I've been on this forum for 6 years, and never been a fan of Bill, so it's not knee-jerk reaction, just that I really saw this coming. I know I can be a tad ungrateful, but it's only my smouldering opinion that we have mis-used Manning, who I really do think is the GOAT. And his time is running out, and what I see without him supports my belief that we have been very poor (FO wise) in the last five years. I really did despise the decision to bring in Chris as GM. I thought it reeked of the arrogance that Bill breathes.

Perhaps I'll choke back and concentrate on the field of play more.........

Go well.

LOL you think Caldwell would choose to go to Penn State? Anybody who thinks this guy is leaving the NFL is sorely mistaken.

If Polian uses Caldwell as the scapegoat and axes him, every team looking for a HC next season will be at Caldwell's doorstep. They'd be glad to have a Super Bowl experienced coach take the reigns. No way would Caldwell want to fall down to the college ranks with the luxury of having the pick of the litter of NFL teams the following season (if scapegoated and fired here).

Ya a guy who took his team to the superbowl, and his bad coaching methods cost us the game.