Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Guessing Game - Who Do We Pick at 59? (Your 2 Cents)

BlueShoe

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to believe that Grigs is not pretty happy after day one. I think he will go aggressively after the guys he wants moving up or there are so many left he will trade back and get some extra picks. Either way I would expect some movement from us and grabbing a couple three guys that Grigs has his eye on. I do not think they will be C. I do think you will see O LINE. I would be surprised if we picked at 59

The position that has me concerned is WR don't think we need it but it appears there are going to be some tough to pass kids there. I would grab Latimer if he slides not sure about anyone else.

Gabe Jackson

Joel Bitino

Billy Turner

Attoachu

Truitt

Nix

Jernigan

Joyner

Hageman

WE need extra picks Exum Dontae there are going to be a lot of good players coming of the board between 90-166 we got to get in on that. I am pretty excited did expect 3 QB's to go on day one pushed some guys down.

I agree on the Latimer sentiment, he is the one WR who could possibly be there at 59 who I wouldn't hate seeing in a horseshoe, (well Latimer & Abbrederis) although I really hope the Colts FO just allows the impending run on WRs to open up opportunities to pick up some other pieces...

We just drafted a C in the 4th round last draft people, use your heads! Why turn right back around & draft another?!

Pass Rusher if no good Secondary player is there

No pass rusher? Then & only then do you draft a offensive line & that should be G not C

I think that's a good order to go in

I think that's a good order to go in

It's the best order for us to go in

Secondary (Not sold on Howell & need an insurance policy for Greg Toler)

Pass Rush (Improve the rush, the secondary improves regardless who's back there)

Offensive line (Protect the franchise QB. We have 2 solid T's so we're almost there. Thornton will be better & Holmes is the starter day 1. Only concern is Mr. Thomas' health)

Pass Rush (Improve the rush, the secondary improves regardless who's back there)

Offensive line (Protect the franchise QB. We have 2 solid T's so we're almost there. Thornton will be better & Holmes is the starter day 1. Only concern is Mr. Thomas' health)

Then who is your preference for a secondary player?

Then who is your preference for a secondary player?

Honestly Nick I don't follow College football enough to know these prospects. I only know the ones who went to Texas or TCU

So if I just had to throw a rock in a dark room, I'd say BPA at CB or S. Most preferred BPA at S who's a TRUE FS so we can move Laron Landry back to SS and keep him there. That interchangeable safety foolishness we did last year needs to be banned from Manusky's plans

Laron is a SS and a darn good run stopper when he wants to be & not throwing his body at the player hoping they drop

I agree with these needs.  I find it interesting that you are so certain we won't draft a center when you mention O line as a need though.  Lots of guys listed as center when drafted end up playing guard and we need interior line depth.  Until the run on safety last night my guess for our second round pick was safety.  Now I'd be very surprised if the BPA is safety.  Based on who's still available I'm going to guess D line or OLB is our pick tonight.  I'm guessing a big WR run will happen prior to pick 59.  If that doesn't happen there may be a receiver with too much talent to pass up though.

BPA. Don't care if it's o-line, d-line, OLB, S, CB, WR etc.

It's crazy how many good offensive and defensive line that are available. You could argue a lot of them are first rounders. We could be getting a steal if some of them continue to fall. 

DL: Ealy, Hageman, Jernigan, Tuitt

OL: Bitotio, Kouanijo, Moses Su'a-Filo

Then you have all the receivers, Lee, Adams, Moncrief Latimer etc

And all the passrushers.. Lawrence, Crichton, Van Noy, Attaochu.

This draft is so deep it's crazy.

Even if most of the above players are picked you have guys like Brooks, Jackson, Murphy, McGill, Turner, Joyner.

I'm confident Grigson will get us the right player.

My guess(es):

#1-Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S-I want this kid. He just plays with energy and I love it. He's got a knack for making plays and would pair up perfectly with Landry. I personally prefer him over Brooks but I would take either.

#2-Marcus Martin, C-Personally I don't want a center at this position. Get one later imo but it's a real possibility so I'm guessing it. Chuck seems to really like him and worked with him @ pro-day. Would be #1 Center of the draft and fits a position of need since Holmes is the unknown.

#3-Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB-Would instantly upgrade our pass rush and could eventually take Mathis' spot when he retires. Wouldn't be very popular for the same reasons as Center since we picked Bjoern last year #1 but it's a big need and we can't rely on Mathis getting 19.5 sacks again this year. 

I like both of these guys. Attauchu looks like a real active OLB who can run plays down and rush the passer. I wouldn't pass on him if he's still there.

I agree with these needs. I find it interesting that you are so certain we won't draft a center when you mention O line as a need though. Lots of guys listed as center when drafted end up playing guard and we need interior line depth. Until the run on safety last night my guess for our second round pick was safety. Now I'd be very surprised if the BPA is safety. Based on who's still available I'm going to guess D line or OLB is our pick tonight. I'm guessing a big WR run will happen prior to pick 59. If that doesn't happen there may be a receiver with too much talent to pass up though.

I don't see C coming off our board at 59 for ONE reason only, Grigson's word

I'm a person who takes a man's word & holds him to it. He said Holmes is our day one starter, so that's what I'm holding him to. What world would we be in if a 2nd round C sits behind a 4th round C?

But if Grigson goes back on his word & takes a C, I'll own up to my wrong belief that a C wasn't gonna be picked at 59. I have no issues admitting I'm wrong

And as I stated, if we do take a oline player it'll be a G

If that is your stance then why are you so against drafting Martin? 

He played guard for two years in college and he was lined up right next to Holmes (center) those two years.

You are making no sense dude.  

I would love Terrence Brooks, but I doubt hes there for us at 59, heres a name I haven't seen anyone on this board throw out yet. Timmy Jernigan. He is a big strong kid who has first round talent

I think Jernigan is a 4-3 DT.    A 3-technique kid.

Don't think he's a scheme fit for the Colts.........

BPA. Don't care if it's o-line, d-line, OLB, S, CB, WR etc.

It's crazy how many good offensive and defensive line that are available. You could argue a lot of them are first rounders. We could be getting a steal if some of them continue to fall. 

DL: Ealy, Hageman, Jernigan, Tuitt

OL: Bitotio, Kouanijo, Moses Su'a-Filo

Then you have all the receivers, Lee, Adams, Moncrief Latimer etc

And all the passrushers.. Lawrence, Crichton, Van Noy, Attaochu.

This draft is so deep it's crazy.

Even if most of the above players are picked you have guys like Brooks, Jackson, Murphy, McGill, Turner, Joyner.

I'm confident Grigson will get us the right player.

Love that the DL are falling to us... Some had Nix and Ealy in the top 15 as well as Jernigan... If theres a trade up, Id like to see it on one of these beasts...

Sold on, but not extremely happy with Chapman/ Francios/Redding... Personally Id love to see the line as Redding, Jones, and Jernigan (after how good he played in the National Championship)... Thats a fierce DL with some great back ups... Could even trade one of them for more pics in 2014,2015...

I didnt see too much of brooks in the National Championship... but thats probably because Joyner was ALL OVER the field. He is my pick at safety for 59...

I like how big Martin is from USC, but how nice would it be to get a 6-4 320 All American C in the 5th round?? Stork is my pick later rather than our 2nd and 3rd... Then you got Ikard from OK who was 2nd/3rd team if I remember... Both intelligent players. 

LETS HOPE their are 27 QB's and RB's drafted before us in the 2nd rd ;))))

Honestly Nick I don't follow College football enough to know these prospects. I only know the ones who went to Texas or TCU

So if I just had to throw a rock in a dark room, I'd say BPA at CB or S. Most preferred BPA at S who's a TRUE FS so we can move Laron Landry back to SS and keep him there. That interchangeable safety foolishness we did last year needs to be banned from Manusky's plans

Laron is a SS and a darn good run stopper when he wants to be & not throwing his body at the player hoping they drop

pretty good logic landry in pass coverage is pretty sad so I think going for a safety who's strong in pass coverage is the best way to go

pretty good logic landry in pass coverage is pretty sad so I think going for a safety who's strong in pass coverage is the best way to go

Exactly. So like I said, I expect BPA at S or Cb if a Pass Rusher isn't there at 59. Don't believe a C is coming off the board at 59 for us tonight.

But also as I stated if I'm wrong, I'll admit my wrongness

I'm hoping Xavier Su'a-Filo will be there by the time we get to pick to bolster our O-line since most of the good safeties will most likely be gone. 

I'd rather go safety or CB if we go defense, but Jeremiah Attaucho is pretty intriguing. He could be a DE or a OLB. 

Trade the pick.

Outside of Joyner and Latimer nobody else intrigues me (at least at that particular pick). Trade back, get extra picks. And I doubt very much either will be there at 59.

Joyner intrigues you at #59?

We're NOT drafting a C early

It`s like you don`t even know Anything About Martin, or the concept and value of having a VG player who can play two positions.

Yes, the holder of the 1st pick can negotiate more than "a few hours" before the draft with a player, hey, how is this for a shocker, you can talk to more than 1 player. lmao

Watch Martin play. 9/10 snaps he'll way over pursue, he sprints upfield and leaves a gaping hole for the D. His strength athleticism and power are obvious on tape but he needs to be coached and we haven't shown much of an ability to coach up OL players.

I am throwing a name in the hat that makes a lot of sense to me.

Marcus Martin - Center - Southern California

I am not sold that we will go with a safety in the second round.

I believe it is very important that we lock down a center to play with Luck for a long time. The merry-go-round at center needs to stop. I am not against Holmes; however, this move would give us more flexibility on the offensive line. Martin is the highest rated center in the draft, and when we can get a position of need, and the highest rated player at his position, why not? 

I have read some articles comparing Martin to Alex Mack. High praise!

I look forward to reading everyone else's  thoughts on who we should take tonight.

holmes . only problem is fumbles and miscues .

agree pick a top center .

The media is starting to talk about the Colts drafting an ILB.. They keep talking about this ILB from Wisconsin names Chris Borland. He looks like a great player...

For once the media might have grabbed my attention

nix be gone too Houston they need a nt bad.

They are taking Derek Carr watch if that trade for Mallett doesn't fall through, they also need a RT along with a NT and some secondary help. Texans can go a lot of ways today