Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ITT Predict a player (who is projected highly) who will fall to our 2nd round pick.

Calvin Pryor. I guess I can hope anyway. It happens every year. Look at Floyd last year. He was supposed to be top 5, and 1st overall at one time. He fell to 23. I'll be happy if one of the 2nd round safeties fall to our pick. Ward, Bucannon, Brooks, or Joyner. The QB's that are projected to be 1st rounders will help push a few guys back, as will the O Lineman.

Not that I want him, but Allen Robinson. He's considered a late first / early second rounder, and I think he's probably the 10th best WR in the draft. I could see teams passing on him in favor of guys like Matthews and Moncrief, leaving him to fall to the bottom of the second round.

I think one of the top OLB's. Not that many teams are looking for pass rushers early. I could see Anthony Barr (stock seems to have dropped a lot over the past couple of months), Dee Ford, or Ryan Shazier falling. I'm not sure which one of them will fall, but I think 1 of them will for sure.

Also I see Louis Nix or Hageman falling to us. Donald and Jernigan are the two DT's that teams will be fighting for.

I think one of the top OLB's. Not that many teams are looking for pass rushers early. I could see Anthony Barr (stock seems to have dropped a lot over the past couple of months), Dee Ford, or Ryan Shazier falling. I'm not sure which one of them will fall, but I think 1 of them will for sure.

Also I see Louis Nix or Hageman falling to us. Donald and Jernigan are the two DT's that teams will be fighting for.

Personally, I don't see Nix or Hageman getting out of the first round.    And even if they do, it's a long, Long, LONG way to fall to 26 in the 2nd round.....

I don't see them getting anywhere near us.   And I'd love for either one to.    

I'd be thrilled to be wrong on this.    Seriously!

Again,  apologies for responding to another of your posts...   I appreciate your views here....

But I'm not sure where you found the info that I put into bold.    All 32 teams are always looking for pass rushers.   You can never have enough of them.    Even if you're not looking for one early, if one falls to you that you like,  most teams will pull the trigger.

Good pass rushers are hard to find.

p.s. -- as a long-time Stanford fan,  I really, REALLY appreciate your avatar!!    :thmup:

Again,  apologies for responding to another of your posts...   I appreciate your views here....

But I'm not sure where you found the info that I put into bold.    All 32 teams are always looking for pass rushers.   You can never have enough of them.    Even if you're not looking for one early, if one falls to you that you like,  most teams will pull the trigger.

Good pass rushers are hard to find.

p.s. -- as a long-time Stanford fan,  I really, REALLY appreciate your avatar!!    :thmup:

I'm not so sure in this year's draft though. I think there are a lot of teams whose need is Defense, of any kind, not just pass rusher. The Steelers, Cowboys, and Bears are teams that fit into that category. It would be wise for most of those team to take the best defensive player rather than just a top rated pass rusher. The Jaguars and the Chargers are the 2 teams who I would say their most pressing need that needs to be addressed in the 1st round is pass rusher. I get what you're saying though.

Personally, I don't see Nix or Hageman getting out of the first round.    And even if they do, it's a long, Long, LONG way to fall to 26 in the 2nd round.....

I don't see them getting anywhere near us.   And I'd love for either one to.    

I'd be thrilled to be wrong on this.    Seriously!

Nix could fall really far. He has knee concerns that might make some teams wary. He is also coming off of a 2013 season that wasn't nearly as good as people expected, considering how good he was in 2012. I also think his home is in a 3-4 at NT so that takes away some value as well.

No it comes down to how many 3-4 teams have a pressing need at DT, that they can afford to spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on? I think the Steelers would pass on him for a ILB like Mosely, or even a safety like Dix. The Chargers are a team, but they also really need a pass rusher and corners badly, as well as a WR. He's in a perfect position to land to us because he can be that guy who is pushed back by needs.

Kelvin Benjamin.

I think he is best suited to be a TE in the NFL, Slow. looked very awkward at the Combine to me in receiver drills , If Im a team I look at him as a TE who can be stashed away for a year to learn the position if need be, Not a day 1 starter at wr in my opinion......So I wouldn't draft him day 1 if Im a GM

I think he moved up after his workout.

I don't put a lot of stock in "pro day" workouts. I think most players reform well under perfect conditions. Maybe me thinking that way is why i am not a pro scout or any type of paid scout in general. I just feel like Johnny is not a 1st rd from a talent stand point. I very well could eat crow, just think he is not a day one starter.

I think he is best suited to be a TE in the NFL, Slow. looked very awkward at the Combine to me in receiver drills , If Im a team I look at him as a TE who can be stashed away for a year to learn the position if need be, Not a day 1 starter at wr in my opinion......So I wouldn't draft him day 1 if Im a GM

He ran 4.61 coming from a 6'5 player that's not bad at all, not slow. He also has very long arms making him a tremendous Red zone target.

I'm thinking Bridgewater.  And I say that having advocated for him all the way up to his pro day.  He didn't do much at the combine and then his pro day was pretty bad.  

His tape is pretty good, but the last impression he left in the minds of NFL GM's was sucking at his own pro-day.  This is likely going to create questions in the minds of many if Bridgewater actually has what it takes.  

For the record I'm not saying that he's a guy we would take, I just think he'd be the one to fall.

Jason Verrett.  Already small for a CB which may limit his ceiling.  Also, it doesn't help that he will have surgery to repair his torn labrum.  The word is, he will be 100% and ready for training camp, but teams don't have that guarantee and won't know definitively until after the draft, making him a risk on draft day.