Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Superbowl

Nesjan3

Im calling it right now in the next 5 years, Seattle will get another Ring, SF or Denver will get one, one random team will make a run and the Colts will win 2 (most likely on the back half of the 5 years).

I absolutely love what Grigson is doing, if we can just get that piece for the oline we need to put it all together, we should be set up on offence, we honestly can not ask for more talent than we have.

Giving that means the next few years we can solely draft defense, and if Grigs can pull off some draft magic, after next season....maybe the next i believe we will be front runners to be the next multiple championship team.....GO COLTS

Think about this. 4 or 5 years ago who would have thought Seattle would win one? Even just a couple years ago who would have? Some team like Jacksonville could turn it around and win one in the next 5 years. I do think we'll win one in the next few though, with all the good young talent we have.

Im calling it right now in the next 5 years, Seattle will get another Ring, SF or Denver will get one, one random team will make a run and the Colts will win 2 (most likely on the back half of the 5 years).

I absolutely love what Grigson is doing, if we can just get that piece for the oline we need to put it all together, we should be set up on offence, we honestly can not ask for more talent than we have.

Giving that means the next few years we can solely draft defense, and if Grigs can pull off some draft magic, after next season....maybe the next i believe we will be front runners to be the next multiple championship team.....GO COLTS

One has to get to the Super Bowl to be able to win it. I see Houston lurking and building. That team worries me. Nothing wrong with having great ambitions for our team. I have them too. But a repeat of the Peyton years is unlikely enough and exceeding it is really hoping for a lot. But I am with you, lets win two.

That's an accurate prediction because in 5 years, Manning and Brady should be retired, meaning the AFC should be easier to win because at that point, Luck should be the best QB in our conference.

I agree with you but Brady will still probably be in the league. He is iron man. Luck is already consider a top 5 QB. The Colts will be dangerous next season. 

I agree with you but Brady will still probably be in the league. He is iron man. Luck is already consider a top 5 QB. The Colts will be dangerous next season. 

I love Luck but top 5?  Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and many others are ahead of him right now. He probably isn't even top ten but he certainly will be unless the coaching staff ties his hands and tries to force a running game.

He's definitely at least top 10.

Well, lets consider that not that I think it is important since he is only starting his third year. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, Flacco, Ryan, Wilson, Kaepernick, Cam Newton and I could make arguments for Tony Romo, and a few others. So I would say with confidence that he is a top 15 QB right now.

I'd take Rivers and Cam off that list. Romo off to. Wilson and Kaepernick aren't any better then Luck they just have a better running game and defense right now. I'd put Manning on top he's the only one that took a team with some of the least talent in the league and made them a Superbowl contender for 12 years.

The deal that Brady signed is essentially a retirement package because he said that he doesn't want to play past 40.  He'll be almost exactly 40 when his contract is up. So, in 5 years he and Peyton should both be gone. He's not a top 5 QB now. He will be one day, but he's probably 11 on a top 10 list.

I'd take Rivers and Cam off that list. Romo off to. Wilson and Kaepernick aren't any better then Luck they just have a better running game and defense right now. I'd put Manning on top he's the only one that took a team with some of the least talent in the league and made them a Superbowl contender for 12 years.

I don't think you can take Cam and Rivers off of the list and for right now for whatever the reasons, Wilson and Kaepernick have to be rated ahead of Luck.

Well, lets consider that not that I think it is important since he is only starting his third year. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Big Ben, Flacco, Ryan, Wilson, Kaepernick, Cam Newton and I could make arguments for Tony Romo, and a few others. So I would say with confidence that he is a top 15 QB right now.

>Kaepernick

lmao

I hate the whole Wilson > Luck debate.  Put Luck on the Seahawks and see what happens.  Andrew Luck has really carried the Colts on his back the past 2 years.  With the circumstances both players are in (Kaepernick is in this boat as well) Andrew Luck is doing far more with the resources at his disposal.

I hate the whole Wilson > Luck debate.  Put Luck on the Seahawks and see what happens.  Andrew Luck has really carried the Colts on his back the past 2 years.  With the circumstances both players are in (Kaepernick is in this boat as well) Andrew Luck is doing far more with the resources at his disposal.

You might be right about that but I think if you put Wilson on the Colts the results here will be very similar. Wilson is a very good QB and he has to be rated ahead of Luck for now. I think if you put Luck in Houston after this draft that they would be Super Bowl contenders. But I also believe that Wilson would do that as well.

I don't think you can take Cam and Rivers off of the list and for right now for whatever the reasons, Wilson and Kaepernick have to be rated ahead of Luck.

v410VmD.gif

Luck > Wilson > Kap. 

Wilson and Kap have stellar defenses on their teams to lean on. Plus Luck beat both of those QB's. If we had a defense last year, the Colts would've won the Super Bowl. 

If we learn any lesson from Manning days, here is the to do list.

1.Never go to Tampa 2 defense

2.Get a good special teams

3.Fix the line of scrimmage on both sides

There is nothing wrong with Tampa 2. It got to the super bowl several times and it won at least one of them.

That's exactly what makes Luck better. Luck carried his team waaaay better than both Kap and Wilson despite terrible O-Line play. Kap has arguably the best O-Line in the NFL. 

Luck may be better. We won't know as long as he is getting hammered behind that line. Now, how much of that is the line and how much of it is Luck be slow in his reads and getting to his secondary receivers? His delivery is certainly quick enough. His decision making may be a notch slow but that should improve and all of that pressure didn't help. I think Peyton could have played behind that line without giving up so many hits or sacks just because he does his reads at light speed and he gets rid of the ball. Luck doesn't do that yet.

Luck may be better. We won't know as long as he is getting hammered behind that line. Now, how much of that is the line and how much of it is Luck be slow in his reads and getting to his secondary receivers? His delivery is certainly quick enough. His decision making may be a notch slow but that should improve and all of that pressure didn't help. I think Peyton could have played behind that line without giving up so many hits or sacks just because he does his reads at light speed and he gets rid of the ball. Luck doesn't do that yet.

Man you are persistent.

Man you are persistent.

Not really. I like Luck a lot but don't you think he needs to speed up getting rid of the ball? Am I not seeing it correctly? I know comparing a QB not yet in his third year to Peyton is not fair and I think he will improve in this area.

thats how confident i am, i wonder if this what Dallas fans or Ne fans felt going in there multi ring eras

I never saw the Pats winning the Super Bowl in 2001-02. That may have been the most unlikely SB winner ever. I also did not see them winning in 2003 either until they went on their 15 game win streak to end the season. I felt they would repeat in 2004 so that is probably the only year I can say I thought they would win the SB.

I think the Colts have a good a chance of any team in the AFC to win a Super Bowl but much depends on how Grigson continues to build the team, specifically how his drafts go.