Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First (I think) offseason Power Rankings

Jason_

Sorry if I missed this already posted somewhere, but nfl.com released their first power rankings of the offseason.

Ā 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000335306/article/power-rankings-who-can-bump-seattle-seahawks-from-no-1

Ā 

Not that these power rankings mean much of anything, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the Colts listed at #6:

Ā 

Tell you what: TheĀ ColtsĀ are either going to be so-so on offense or freaking explosive. IfĀ Reggie WayneĀ struggles to recover from knee surgery,Ā Hakeem NicksĀ re-ups for season tickets to the injury report andĀ Trent RichardsonĀ continues to beĀ Trent Richardson, this team could be staring at 9-7. But if Wayne can still play, Nicks turns the dial back three years and Richardson decides he's tired of people discussing his personal life and not his game, look out.

9-7 more like 12-4

Ā 

Home Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Washington,
New England Away Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Dallas, NY Giants, Denver

We win all division games. Lose to Denver, Patriots, Eagles, Ravens. Win rest

9-7 more like 12-4

Ā 

Home Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Washington,

New England Away Houston, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Dallas, NY Giants, Denver

Ā 

Ā 

More like 14-2

Ā 

WIN:

Ā 

Houston x2, Jacksonville x2, Tennessee x2, Baltimore, Washington, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Dallas, NY Giants, Denver

Ā 

LOSS:

Ā 

Cincinnati, Philadelphia

Sorry if I missed this already posted somewhere, but nfl.com released their first power rankings of the offseason.

Ā 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000335306/article/power-rankings-who-can-bump-seattle-seahawks-from-no-1

Ā 

Not that these power rankings mean much of anything, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the Colts listed at #6:

Ā 

I was kind of upset to see the colts at 6. I think easily we should be 5

9-7 more like 12-4

Ā 

Las Vegas betting odds has the Colts at 9 wins after the first round of free agency. Houston is listed at 8.5 wins. If you really believe this is a 12 win team you can make a lot of money.

Ā 

I think the Colts will lose to Houston, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, New England, NY Giants, and Denver. So I thinkĀ we will be 9-7 and in a fight to win the division. I could seeĀ us winning two of the games I have listed but I can also see losing one or two others. The O-Line is still terrible and the Colts come down to earth a bit when Luck can't continue making super human comebacks. I think 9-7 will be a good season if we can see some improvement in the running game and stopping the run.

Colts at #6 seems reasonable. Ā Stopped reading when I saw the Panthers at #10. Ā Any team that is so bad at WR that they might consider picking up me is not a top 10 team in the league.

I also noted that but there is still time to build that. I would be more concerned with Newton's surgery and the fact that he won't have a lot of time to develop some chemistry with new receivers. It was time to let Steve Smith go just because of his age.

I don't see how they assume the Panthers are worthy of the 10 spot. That team easily had one of the worst off seasons of any in the league in a long time. Cam Newton better have his Superman cape ready. The are too high, and the Texans too low no matter who they take in the draft... Clowney, or a qb.

I don't see how they assume the Panthers are worthy of the 10 spot. That team easily had one of the worst off seasons of any in the league in a long time. Cam Newton better have his Superman cape ready. The are too high, and the Texans too low no matter who they take in the draft... Clowney, or a qb.

Ā 

The off-season isn't over.Ā Ā  And this draft is deep, deep, deep in wide receivers.Ā 

Ā 

This off-season a long, long way from being done.Ā Ā Ā  Lots can still happen.Ā 

The off-season isn't over.Ā Ā  And this draft is deep, deep, deep in wide receivers.Ā 

Ā 

This off-season a long, long way from being done.Ā Ā Ā  Lots can still happen.Ā 

Ā 

Deep, but you bring in a bunch of guys with virtually no leadership. I have said it twice, and I'll say it thrice keeping Steve Smith would have helped a lot in that department... maybe then you have a Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks combo in Carolina.

Deep, but you bring in a bunch of guys with virtually no leadership. I have said it twice, and I'll say it thrice keeping Steve Smith would have helped a lot in that department... maybe then you have a Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks combo in Carolina.

Ā 

I don't pretend to know what happened with Carolina and Steve Smith.Ā Ā Ā  But it sure has the makings of an ugly, bitter divorce.

Ā 

So, I'll assume that it was irreconcilable differences.Ā Ā Ā  Nor, do I know why they didn't make Nicks a better offer?Ā Ā  Unless they're madly in love with guys in the draft.

Ā 

But, what I do know is that Cam Newton is very much improved (yes, I know about the ankle surgery) and the Panthers defense is very, very good.Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  I think any team with a very good defense plus Cam Newton has a shot at the post-season.

Ā 

I wouldn't count them out.......

Let's hope it isn't Clowney. If the Texans take the spectacle formerly known as Johnny Football with their #1 pick they could find themselves demoted to the Arena League by the end of the season.

9-7 more like 12-4

Ā 

AHHHH I don't think run the table in division probably lose 1, at Dallas never had luck there lose, Denver lose NE lose, we will beat Philly, giving them WAY TO MUCH CREDIT, Beat BAl too.

Let's hope it isn't Clowney. If the Texans take the spectacle formerly known as Johnny Football with their #1 pick they could find themselves demoted to the Arena League by the end of the season.

I have been watching that closely. I thought it was a sure thing that they would take Clowney. I don't think the new coaching staff can wait to develop a QB but Bortles is the kind of QB O'Brien likes and he had a pretty good workout at his pro day although nine passes were incomplete (some were dropped) and he overthrew long routes. He is raw and I don't see him starting right away but he has upside. I thought they would take Clowney and draft a QB (Derek Carr?) at the top of the second round.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Las Vegas betting odds has the Colts at 9 wins after the first round of free agency. Houston is listed at 8.5 wins. If you really believe this is a 12 win team you can make a lot of money.

Ā 

I think the Colts will lose to Houston, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, New England, NY Giants, and Denver. So I thinkĀ we will be 9-7 and in a fight to win the division. I could seeĀ us winning two of the games I have listed but I can also see losing one or two others. The O-Line is still terrible and the Colts come down to earth a bit when Luck can't continue making super human comebacks. I think 9-7 will be a good season if we can see some improvement in the running game and stopping the run.

We will not lose to Cinn, they have a beat down waiting for them, Tenn, really Tenn nope, NYG NOT, Phill nope, TOTALLY OVER RATED, Dallas yes we never play well there!

Ā 

I think Houston is much better than their 2 wins last year... But what exactly have they added that just makes you think they are going to show all the improvement in the world??

Ā 

I personally don't think any of the QBs in this years draft or Clowney make them a 9-10 win team

I think Houston is much better than their 2 wins last year... But what exactly have they added that just makes you think they are going to show all the improvement in the world??

Ā 

I personally don't think any of the QBs in this years draft or Clowney make them a 9-10 win team

I think they are an 8-8 or betterĀ team before the draft or before any additions are made. They will have $10 million to spend on free agents when they trade (not likely) or cut Schaub. They get Arian Foster back. They had other injuries too. They have a new coach with great potential. They are picking number one on every level of the draft. I think they take Clowney, draft a QB with the first pick in the second round and sign or trade for a QB (Ryan Mallett?) to get them buy until the QB they draft is ready. Derek Carr is going to be very good. There are a few others in the early second that can be good too. I don't think they will be quite as good if they draft Bartles with the number one pick. He is raw and he won't be ready to start probably this whole coming season. They draft Clowney and they are looking at a top five defense in the NFL and a nightmare for every QB they face

Edited by 21isSuperman

We will not lose to Cinn, they have a beat down waiting for them, Tenn, really Tenn nope, NYG NOT, Phill nope, TOTALLY OVER RATED, Dallas yes we never play well there!

Foles is exactly the kind of QB that gives the Colts fits.

Edited by 21isSuperman

we are a far better team this year than last year... and we have the easiest schedule in the league. We are winning AT LEAST 11 games. I predict us getting the 3rd seed and barely missing out on the second seed to the patriots. We win the superbowl against NO.

9-7 more like 12-4

Ā 

I could honestly see 14-2, BUT it's extremely to win all the games that youĀ should win, so 13-3 maybe 12-4 breathin room.

Why can't the Colts beat the Pats at home? Didn't we just beat Denver and Seattle at home this year? I know we got blown out in the playoff game, but it was still 29-22 in the 4th, Colts down but driving when Luck gets tripped by Ninkovich and the refs miss it, we punt, and the defense got tired from then on out. We certainly upgraded on both sides of the ball in addition to guys returning from injury. TheyĀ obviouslyĀ made replacements on defense in addition to having Gronk and LaFell in the lineup but who is to say both Amendola and Gronk make it to that game uninjured?Ā Don't see why that's an automatic loss...

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 21, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, March 21, 2014 - No reason given

Why can't the Colts beat the Pats at home? Didn't we just beat Denver and Seattle at home this year? I know we got blown out in the playoff game, but it was still 29-22 in the 4th, Colts down but driving when Luck gets tripped by Ninkovich and the refs miss it, we punt, and the defense got tired from then on out. We certainly upgraded on both sides of the ball in addition to guys returning from injury. TheyĀ obviouslyĀ made replacements on defense in addition to having Gronk and LaFell in the lineup but who is to say both Amendola and Gronk make it to that game uninjured?Ā Don't see why that's an automatic loss...

Because we improved a little bit with players but we still have no safety. The Pats improved GREATLY. They have the best CB in the business and a running mate for him after a four game suspension is served. To answer your question, who is to say that Wayne and Nicks will make it to that game uninjured? It is not an automatic loss. The coaching advantage goes to NE in a big way. We still have done nothing with a terrible O-Line that makes Luck a candidate for the emergency room at any time. I think they have a huge advantage and it won't make any difference that the game will be played in Indy.

we are a far better team this year than last year... and we have the easiest schedule in the league. We are winning AT LEAST 11 games. I predict us getting the 3rd seed and barely missing out on the second seed to the patriots. We win the superbowl against NO.

We are not far better. We added no elite players to the team and we lost our safety. The O-Line is the same one that was so terrible last year minus a few characters with no elite players to replace them. We will be a bit better with players back from injury. NO getting to the Super Bowl was the most outlandish thing you said.

9-7 if Reggie can't recover from his injury, Hakeem Nicks actually sucks, and T-Rich still can't average over 3 yards per carry, which I think is probably the worst-case scenario for us. He's saying that we'll be a lot better than 9-7 if our offense turns out to be Denver-like.

The Colts offense will not be Denver like. There is a big difference between 18 & 12. There is a difference in coaching and I am not a big fan of Fox but he is better than Pagano. The offense will not be Denver like because it is not designed to be. Luck isn't going for 5,000 yards and 50 TDs.

9-7 if Reggie can't recover from his injury, Hakeem Nicks actually sucks, and T-Rich still can't average over 3 yards per carry, which I think is probably the worst-case scenario for us. He's saying that we'll be a lot better than 9-7 if our offense turns out to be Denver-like.

Let's clear one thing up. Hakeem Nicks has never "sucks"ed. He's been injured and last year he dealt with a crap offense and QB (Victor Cruz's numbers weren't much better).

Let's clear one thing up. Hakeem Nicks has never "sucks"ed. He's been injured and last year he dealt with a crap offense and QB (Victor Cruz's numbers weren't much better).

Yeah I wonder if anyone remembers Randy Moss when he played for the Raiders.

Ā 

I bet you are a blast at parties. Do you consider yourself a negative person? I know you are realist calling it like you see it - keeping it real - but maybe you don't know what you are looking at?

Predicting who they will lose to in March is a comical waste of time.

I think they are an 8-8 or betterĀ team before the draft or before any additions are made. They will have $10 million to spend on free agents when they trade (not likely) or cut Schaub. They get Arian Foster back. They had other injuries too. They have a new coach with great potential. They are picking number one on every level of the draft. I think they take Clowney, draft a QB with the first pick in the second round and sign or trade for a QB (Ryan Mallett?) to get them buy until the QB they draft is ready. Derek Carr is going to be very good. There are a few others in the early second that can be good too. I don't think they will be quite as good if they draft Bartles with the number one pick. He is raw and he won't be ready to start probably this whole coming season. They draft Clowney and they are looking at a top five defense in the NFL and a nightmare for every QB they face

You absolutely have to be a Houston fan masked as an Indy fan on the Colts board. I have seen way too much of you slurping Houston to think you are a Colts fan.