Must Make a MOVE

Jonathan24

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be the motivation for the Browns? They're not hurting for cap space certainly. 

Just valuation of a player.  If they don't feel like he's going to stay, they're just paying $10M to a player who will hurt their draft position next year and take away $10M in cap space they could roll into next year.  I don't think anyone has the expectation that Mack is going to make the Browns competitive.

If the Browns rescind the offer then he would just become an unrestricted free agent, correct? He could then sign whatever deal he wants with the team of his choosing.

Yes but there is no reason for the Browns to do that. Mack will probably just hold out all training camp and eventually sign his tender.

most people read it and thought high profile meant trading for someone and some read it and thought about free agents.  Im just here gauging thoughts not implying that I am right.

The method is irrelevant... it is the concept that is absurd... and that was clearly not open to interpretation.

I Never said that we need to sign him because of Jims problems. I said it would help take the attention from Jim as we were already interested in signing Mack.  Not one time did i say we go an pursue someone that we did not previously have interest in. 

You explicitly suggested that we should make a big signing to shift the attention from Irsay to that signing.

That should never be a reason to sign a player. Whether it's the primary reason or otherwise.

Just valuation of a player.  If they don't feel like he's going to stay, they're just paying $10M to a player who will hurt their draft position next year and take away $10M in cap space they could roll into next year.  I don't think anyone has the expectation that Mack is going to make the Browns competitive.

Fair point, I did read like 20 pages of forum chatter suggesting he's worth more than $10Million a year :P 

Correct that he alone won't make the competitive but with their draft picks they shouldn't be far away at all, taking Mack away would create a need they don't need to if you get me. Honestly, a half decent QB and they could compete for the AFC North in my eyes. 

The draft will be here before u know it and people will have moved on.  I really don't think making football decisions to take attention away from Irsay's problem is the solution.  He needs to go to a facility and get cleaned up and let Grigs and Pagano worry about football.

Colts need to make a move to get the attention back to the team instead of Irsays actions.  It would have to be a high profile move.

Colts front office just need to focus on what the team needs and implement the plans they are working on.   Irsay news will slowly die down and with luck he will step back from the stress of the off season and take care of what is truly important, and that is his health and well being.  That will move the organization forward again as far as ownership and front office.   The team will do their job and focus and what needs to be done on the field.

Colts front office just need to focus on what the team needs and implement the plans they are working on.   Irsay news will slowly die down and with luck he will step back from the stress of the off season and take care of what is truly important, and that is his health and well being.  That will move the organization forward again as far as ownership and front office.   The team will do their job and focus and what needs to be done on the field.

I wonder what triggered his regression... Its been said that he was alcohol free for the past 15 years

i don't think jim irsay's problems have anything to do with the team making moves i think we're all just secretly tired of looking at colts news every 2 seconds for a signing i personally just keep refreashing the site along with other tabs of nfl.com and rotoworld every minute since we signed hakeem nicks. It seems like I forgot what the sun looks like so we NEED to make a move because if we don't i'm going to go insane from all the anticipation like i saw on another thread let's sign De La Puente to a reasonable 3 year deal so we can move on with our lives Grigs Bring Us Fresh Blood! haha

most people read it and thought high profile meant trading for someone and some read it and thought about free agents. Im just here gauging thoughts not implying that I am right.

There isn't a move that could be made that will take the spot light off of Jim