Jonathan24

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a terrible idea.

Not really, If you really look at it all they would have to do is ramp up the pursuit of alex mack.  They have the money to do so.  Getting him to sign an offer sheet would be a high enough profile move to focus the attention back on the team. 

Not really, If you really look at it all they would have to do is ramp up the pursuit of alex mack.  They have the money to do so.  Getting him to sign an offer sheet would be a high enough profile move to focus the attention back on the team. 

Or, we could make football decisions for football reasons.

Raisins_Face.jpg

We could trade our entire team for Richard Sherman, RG3, Darrelle Revis, etc... and still, people will talk about Irsay getting arrested.

This is media gold, and they will talk about this for a while. How often does a successful NFL Owner get arrested and face 4 felony counts of DWI and in possession of Class IV substance.

Frankly, we don't need to make a move, we need to just focus on football and leave Irsay and his family deal with the situation at hand.

Or, we could make football decisions for football reasons.

Raisins_Face.jpg

That move would be for football reasons and it would get the team back in the lime light considering they was already interested in alex mack.  and the reason I said a "high profile" move is because mack is really the only player that is left that could be considered "high profile" that they were already pursuing.  Im not saying that they go out and make a ridiculous attempt to trade for a player.  That would only magnify Irsay recklessness 

This isn't the reason to sign Mack.

We need to sign him because he's the best center available to us right now. Not because it might distract everyone from any perceived problem that Jim Irsay has.

This isn't the reason to sign Mack.

We need to sign him because he's the best center available to us right now. Not because it might distract everyone from any perceived problem that Jim Irsay has.

I Never said that we need to sign him because of Jims problems. I said it would help take the attention from Jim as we were already interested in signing Mack.  Not one time did i say we go an pursue someone that we did not previously have interest in. 

Colts need to make a move to get the attention back to the team instead of Irsays actions.  It would have to be a high profile move.

They should take a breath and not over react.  The football business will continue as necessary but a move to take the focus off the owner is unnecessary

It seems like most people are confused about the phrase "high profile" .  Im not saying "HIGH PROFILE" in relation to trading for a person but more or less as SIGNING a FREE AGENT.  It would be ridiculous to go and trade for a high profile player and only magnify Irsay recklessness.  Getting Alex Mack to sign an offer sheet would help the team in both ways.  It would get the media back to talking about the actual team vs the owner.  Im not saying they should go and pursue someone that had no prior interest in.  Getting Alex Mack to sign an offer sheet would be a great PR move, Football Move and in the eyes of the Media and Fans give the Colts one of the better O-Lines. 

Maybe if we all stop talking about Mack, something will happen. Because I'm sick of these threads about him. I want it over with.

This wasnt originally suppose to be about mack but I used him as an example to defend my reasoning behind getting the Colts Organization back on the positive side of the media.

Profootballtalk reports free agent C Alex Mack hasn't taken any visits and is generating no interest.As Mike Florio points out, it might be best for Mack to sign the one-year, $10.039 million transition tender the Browns slapped him with before GM Ray Farmer rescinds the offer. The money around the league is starting to dry up one week into free agency, so the chances of Mack landing a deal he likes appear slim. He can earn the hefty salary in 2014 and hit the open market again next March.Source: Profo

It seems like most people are confused about the phrase "high profile" .  Im not saying "HIGH PROFILE" in relation to trading for a person but more or less as SIGNING a FREE AGENT.  It would be ridiculous to go and trade for a high profile player and only magnify Irsay recklessness.  Getting Alex Mack to sign an offer sheet would help the team in both ways.  It would get the media back to talking about the actual team vs the owner.  Im not saying they should go and pursue someone that had no prior interest in.  Getting Alex Mack to sign an offer sheet would be a great PR move, Football Move and in the eyes of the Media and Fans give the Colts one of the better O-Lines. 

Please just quit while your behind, not a good idea end of. Nothing is going to deflect from the Jim story until it's done and dusted regards league decision and legal outcome. While it might be nice to sign Mack given the way the transition tag works and given the Brown's cap room it's out of our control. 

Please just quit while your behind, not a good idea end of. Nothing is going to deflect from the Jim story until it's done and dusted regards league decision and legal outcome. While it might be nice to sign Mack given the way the transition tag works and given the Brown's cap room it's out of our control. 

I actually Think Im ahead right now.... as the day goes on watch how much news gets leaked about potential moves.

I Never said that we need to sign him because of Jims problems. I said it would help take the attention from Jim as we were already interested in signing Mack.  Not one time did i say we go an pursue someone that we did not previously have interest in. 

Actually, that's exactly what you implied.

Great thread by the way.

I actually Think Im ahead right now.... as the day goes on watch how much news gets leaked about potential moves.

Then please compare how much "news" is spend covering how each and every talking head would handle the Jim Irasy situation if they were the Commissioner.

You've gone from saying we "must make a move" to "all we have to do is ramp up the pursuit of Alex Mack, onto "I never said we need to sign him" to now "watch the leaks about potential moves" implying the Colts them selves are going to employ some form of damage control. 

The WORST thing the Colts could do now is make any roster decisions in reaction to what's happened with Jim as they wouldn't be based on sound reasons. 

Actually, that's exactly what you implied.

Great thread by the way.

It seemed implied that way because thats how the reader envisioned it but in my mind I was going another way with it.  I was just trying to turn the threads into a different direction and get opinions of others perception.

The "Cat is Out of the Bag"

This story is going to be in the forefront in the news well into the new season and maybe further.

It really will not make much difference what the Colts do otherwise, the Irsay story will still linger.

Hopefully it has a happy ending for both Him and the Colts!

Profootballtalk reports free agent C Alex Mack hasn't taken any visits and is generating no interest.As Mike Florio points out, it might be best for Mack to sign the one-year, $10.039 million transition tender the Browns slapped him with before GM Ray Farmer rescinds the offer. The money around the league is starting to dry up one week into free agency, so the chances of Mack landing a deal he likes appear slim. He can earn the hefty salary in 2014 and hit the open market again next March.Source: Profo

If the Browns rescind the offer then he would just become an unrestricted free agent, correct? He could then sign whatever deal he wants with the team of his choosing.

Then please compare how much "news" is spend covering how each and every talking head would handle the Jim Irasy situation if they were the Commissioner.

You've gone from saying we "must make a move" to "all we have to do is ramp up the pursuit of Alex Mack, onto "I never said we need to sign him" to now "watch the leaks about potential moves" implying the Colts them selves are going to employ some form of damage control. 

The WORST thing the Colts could do now is make any roster decisions in reaction to what's happened with Jim as they wouldn't be based on sound reasons. 

At some point damage control will need to be done.  As to what they are going to do vs what I think they need to do will be totally different.  Im more of less of thinking of a way that they can make the fans happy in the process.  Far-fetched???? maybe but as we know this isnt the perfect world.

If the Browns rescind the offer then he would just become an unrestricted free agent, correct? He could then sign whatever deal he wants with the team of his choosing.

yea I just say that report after filtering through all the Irsay headlines.  :disco:

It seemed implied that way because thats how the reader envisioned it but in my mind I was going another way with it.  I was just trying to turn the threads into a different direction and get opinions of others perception.

I don't know which is more baffling... your logic, or your defense of your logic.

At some point damage control will need to be done.  As to what they are going to do vs what I think they need to do will be totally different.  Im more of less of thinking of a way that they can make the fans happy in the process.  Far-fetched???? maybe but as we know this isnt the perfect world.

Damage control is Jim takes responsibility, seeks help and if needs be steps back from the team to not be a distraction. Signing a high profile agent and financially committing the team to a no doubt large contract to deflect attention would be gross stupidity. For one  the media angle on the signing will still be all about Jim. Is this to deflect attention? Did Jim sanction this move from rehab? How does Albert Haynesworth feel about playing for accused kitten killer Jim Irsay?

Or I read it and interpreted exactly how it was written...