Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

S. Smith to the Raven's

ColtsBlueFL

Steve Smith is overrated. Past his prime.

He is past his prime, but I'm not sure you're correct when saying he's overrated. As a player, he's quite talented. But because he's such a jerk, I would not want him on my favorite team. I don't think his talent is strong enough to excuse his jerk side.

Great signing.

I prefer "tough" and "physical" receivers over finesse anyday.

Steve Smith, Golden Tate, Anquan Boldin, Hines Ward - just love these guys.

Seattle are going to miss Tate big time.

Toughness is really under rated.

Seattle won't miss Tate a bit. If anything, he's going to miss Seattle. If they thought he was so critical they would have kept him there. Tate made some great plays from time to time, but he's not a game changing threat in any way.

Seattle won't miss Tate a bit. If anything, he's going to miss Seattle. If they thought he was so critical they would have kept him there. Tate made some great plays from time to time, but he's not a game changing threat in any way.

What has Seattle done at WR this year? I have not followed them much. They can't go into the season with just the often injured Harvin. Tate was a good receiver for them.

It would be better for the economy if he were retired and a young player had the opportunity.

Sure, but you forgot about the Ravens signing an old Matt Birk at center, and how effective he was. How about the Orioles signing an old Frank Robinson from the Reds? The Ravens won a Super Bowl, and the Orioles won 2 World Series with these " old" guys. I guess it depends who the old guys are !

Does not matter whatsoever. Flacco is overrated as hell and look at their defense. Defense wasn't even impressive when they lucked into that Super Bowl a few years ago.

We will take the so-called lucky Super Bowl every time , over the unlucky drop and missed field goal the year before on 2011, when we were probably the best team in the league. Unlike New England, who has trouble matching up with the Giants, the Ravens are a good match up , and generally beat them.

Problem was they overpaid Flacco, while lots of key role players were let go or retired.

e.g. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard, Dannell Ellerbe, Arthur Jones, Paul Kruger, Anquan Boldin, Matt Birk, Bryant McKinnie.

Flacco's cap number is quite low now. Lewis retired, Reed should have retired, Kruger, Ellerbe , and Jones overpaid, Birk retired , McKinnie traded due to be overweight. Boldin was a mistake, and Pollard replaced. Most had nothing to do with Flacco.

Does not matter whatsoever. Flacco is overrated as hell and look at their defense. Defense wasn't even impressive when they lucked into that Super Bowl a few years ago.

It was impressive enough to hold Peyton to 21 and Brady to 13 points in their own house. If not for the power mishap in the SB, I doubt the 49ers even make it that close. I strongly feel so.

No SB winner is a lucky one, and they have all had to endure enough obstacles on their way, IMO. Everyone will have their SB called "lucky" or belittled in some form or fashion. I expect nothing less in this negativity filled world.

Patriots won because of the tuck rule in 2001 or because they played McNabb in 2004, Steelers won because of the refs in 2005, Peyton won because of Grossman in 2006, Eli won because of a "fluky" Tyree catch in 2007, Saints won because of the bounties and the refs' swallowing whistles vs Favre in 2009 etc. based on which side you are (you all can figure out who said who and when :)).

I'll take the SB win for my franchise any day and let the whiners whine away. :)

It was impressive enough to hold Peyton to 21 and Brady to 13 points in their own house. If not for the power mishap in the SB, I doubt the 49ers even make it that close. I strongly feel so.

No SB winner is a lucky one, and they have all had to endure enough obstacles on their way, IMO. Everyone will have their SB called "lucky" or belittled in some form or fashion. I expect nothing less in this negativity filled world.

Patriots won because of the tuck rule in 2001 or because they played McNabb in 2004, Steelers won because of the refs in 2005, Peyton won because of Grossman in 2006, Eli won because of a "fluky" Tyree catch in 2007, Saints won because of the bounties and the refs' swallowing whistles vs Favre in 2009 etc. based on which side you are (you all can figure out who said who and when :)).

I'll take the SB win for my franchise any day and let the whiners whine away. :)

No doubt, they are hard to get, and you take them whenever you can. The 2006 Colts technically wasn't their best team record wise of the Manning era , but they got hot and went on a run. No one is ever going to apologize for a Super Bowl win.