Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does everyone say Denver is a better team than the Patriots?

PATS16N0

The Denver Broncos have never, EVER, defeated a Patriot team that has Gronkowski on the field.

What's the record now? 0-5 against us with Gronk? 0-6?

I always see people say this in an echo chamber as a matter of fact but is it based on parroting "media experts" or is it based on real analyisis?

How can they be a superior team if they always lose to the Patriots with Gronk on the field? ALWAYS.

That sort of consistency seems to point to the exact opposite of this narrative.

Just wondering.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Denver Broncos have never, EVER, defeated a Patriot team that has Gronkowski on the field.

I always see people see this as a matter of fact but is it based on parroting "media experts" or is it based on real analyisis?

How can they be a superior team if they always lose to the Patriots with Gronk on the field? ALWAYS.

That sort of consistency seems to point to the exact opposite of this narrative.

Just wondering.

A healthy gronk is about as rare as finding a leprechauns gold

The Patriots and Broncos have played only three games since Manning went to Denver. The Broncos won one, but they won the most important one! Plus they were the #1 seed and soundly defeated us in the AFCCG. You can't go back to the Tebow days and really count those.

I'd say objectively speaking that the Patriots are chasing the Broncos at the moment, not the other way around.

I think people are just so used to not seeing Gronk since he basically missed all of last season that they forget what the Patriots are at full strength.

I can say "Indy is superior to the Broncos" if I assume Peyton is injured but why would I? It creates a false argument.

I think people are just so used to not seeing Gronk since he basically missed all of last season that they forget what the Patriots are at full strength.

I can say "Indy is superior to the Broncos" if I assume Peyton is injured but why would I? It creates a false argument.

gronk has missed more games than peyton has in his career and peyton has played more than ten years longer

Gronk is still a Patriot and Gronk is stilll the most dangerous red zone threat in the NFL. With Gronk on the field I'd rather confidently bet the horse, cows and the farm on the Patritos.

I think when people say "Denver is better than the Patriots" like its an obvious, indisputable fact, what they really mean is "Denver is better than the Patriots if Gronk is injured."

I always see people say this in an echo chamber as a matter of fact but is it based on parroting "media experts" or is it based on real analyisis?

Just wondering.

Who cares about that? Gronkowski in never on the field so it makes no difference. Even with Gronk, Denver has made great improvement. NE has only upgraded at CB. They are losing their world class NT who we should sign and they lost another member of their defensive front to the Colts. Right now, they are not as good as they were last year. That could change but Denver has made a great leap ahead of them.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 14, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 14, 2014 - quoting removed post

Due to the fact you got your behinds pushed in Prison style in the AFCCG...

Also because they're upgrades (Ware, Ward, Talib, and others?) are better then your upgrade (Revis) + your loss (Wilfork)

Well, call me a homer but I just can't get scared of Denver. We hand them a humiliating defeat WAY to often for me to be frightened of them. They beat us ONE time in the last few years when we didn't have Gronk on the field. I think calling them the indisputed class of the AFC is a bit of wishful thinking and naiveity

Well, call me a homer but I just can't get scared of Denver. We hand them a humiliating defeat WAY to often for me to be frightened of them. They beat us ONE time in the last few years when we didn't have Gronk on the field. I think calling them the indisputed class of the AFC is a bit of wishful thinking and naiveity

how did the afccg game look?

Teams turn up in the playoffs. Like you guys did to us what the Broncos did to you and what the Seahawks did to the Broncos. That's the true barometer, because teams play differently in the playoffs. 

I agree though, no one should be scared of the Broncos in the playoffs besides the ever choking Bengals.

Well, in all honesty. the Broncos are, in fact, the best team in the AFC.  Does that mean that they will sweep the AFC?  Of course not.  Even the best teams lose, that's why going undefeated is such a rarity.  The Patriots are, obviously, the closest to them I believe.  However, with both teams at 100% I would put my money on the Broncos.

As a Colts fan, I'm not "scared" of any team in the NFL.  I know the Colts are capable of beating them all.  It doesn't necessarily mean they're BETTER than all of them.  Like last year, the Colts beat the Seahawks, Broncos, AND 49ers.  In my heart of hearts, I don't think the Colts are better or as good as them.  We just managed to pull off the upset. (Also caught the Broncos when Manning had the ankle issues and wasn't quite as ridiculous)

I think Denver is a great team, but even I am not "Scared" of them. They are the team to beat for sure, but they aren't unbeatable 

Teams turn up in the playoffs. Like you guys did to us what the Broncos did to you and what the Seahawks did to the Broncos. That's the true barometer, because teams play differently in the playoffs. 

I agree though, no one should be scared of the Broncos in the playoffs besides the ever choking Bengals.

No doubt. Patriots didn't execute well in the AFCCG but people who want to latch on to that and say we're finished are just hoping that's the case. We were decimated with injures last year and every Patriot fan knew it was going to require perfect execution. Losing Talib was basically the nail in the coffin. Brady over shooting Edelman made my heart sink.

It was what it was, yet.... not scared of Denver, especially with Gronk on the field, and now Revis island to boot. I don't fear them. You can call me a liar but you would be wrong, and thats the truth.

We'll see what seed Denver gets this post season. They have to play a real mans schedule this year, and they have a habit of losing to almost every good play off team they face. That was the case in 2012 and that was the case in 2013. Chances are they come to here next year.

I think Denver is a great team, but even I am not "Scared" of them. They are the team to beat for sure, but they aren't unbeatable 

When I say "I'm not scared of Denver," what I mean is that I expect to beat Denver when we play Denver, not that I think they can be beaten and we have a punchers chance.

No doubt. Patriots didn't execute well in the AFCCG but people who want to latch on to that and say we're finished are just hoping that's the case. We were decimated with injures last year and every Patriot fan knew it was going to require perfect execution. Losing Talib was basically the nail in the coffin. Brady over shooting Edelman made my heart sink.

It was what it was, yet.... not scared of Denver, especially with Gronk on the field, and now Revis island to boot. I don't fear them. You can call me a liar but you would be wrong, and thats the truth.

We'll see what seed Denver gets this post season. They have to play a real mans schedule this year, and they have a habit of losing to almost every good play off team they face. That was the case in 2012 and that was the case in 2013. Chances are they come to here next year.

All of the Broncos secondary was decimated, their oline, and Von Freaking Miller. You should not expect to beat them when you play them. I give you a 40/60 shot

Well your also about to lose Edelman it seems like, you sure you should be that confident? 

Sure, we'll just create a new Edelman, like we created Edelman when we needed a new Welker. How often do we have to go through this conversation? Brady will be fine.

Also, good year to replace the murderer.

Just wondering.

ya but its pathetic when they don't beat the broncos without him so whats the Pats fans excuse without him?.

Sure, we'll just create a new Edelman, like we created Edelman when we needed a new Welker. How often do we have to go through this conversation? Brady will be fine.

Also, good year to replace the murderer.

you can't just replace a 1,000 yard receiver whenever you want to, or if thats your strategy, thats the exact reason why Denver is better

Because last season they had the greatest offense in NFL history and destroyed them in the AFCCG.

Right now, the Broncos are better than the Pats, especially with the Broncos' new big name signings.

I like having Denver push the Pats. Not sure they even consider a signing like Revis if they did not lose to the Broncos in the AFCCG due in large part to Talib being taken out. No one is winning anything on March 13 anyways so we can wait until the season starts before anointing anyone. Both the Pats and Broncos are still the class of the AFC until further notice.

Wrecked? They got beaten by a better team, but it "wrecked" is an adjective I would use to describe the Broncos loss to the Seahawks in the SB, not losing a reasonably close AFCCG.

"Reasonably close." Anyone who watched that game knows it wasn't reasonably close. It wasn't a curb-stomp on par with the Super Bowl, but a wrecking nonetheless.

you can't just replace a 1,000 yard receiver whenever you want to, or if thats your strategy, thats the exact reason why Denver is better

This is what everyone said when Welker left. I like Edelman but if he's going to walk I won't lost any sleep.

Because last season they had the greatest offense in NFL history and destroyed them in the AFCCG.

Right now, the Broncos are better than the Pats, especially with the Broncos' new big name signings.

the greatest offense in nfl history would have scored more than 8 pts in the biggest game of their life.