Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does everyone say Denver is a better team than the Patriots?

PATS16N0

Yup. A new commisioner from the Jets organization letting the league know a new Sheriff was in town. The penalty doesn't prove the Patriots were cheating when the story has been proven to be false. It only proves we were over penalized.

youre really stretching walsh gave the pats lots of tapes there was a false report he had a tape from the sb he didnt. that one little misprint doesnt negate all of this walsh gave them

• One tape from the Miami Dolphins game on September 24, 2000
  • Two tapes, one offensive signals and one defensive signals, from the Dolphins game on October 7, 2001
  • One tape from the Buffalo Bills game on November 11, 2001
  • One tape from the Cleveland Browns game on December 9, 2001
  • Two tapes from the January 27, 2002, AFC Championship Game against the Pittsburgh Steelers
  • One tape, from a "third camera", from the San Diego Chargers game on September 29, 2002

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061258-fired-up-setting-the-record-straight-on-spygate

"We consider the tapes of our coaching staff during our games against the
to be a non-issue.  In our opinion, they had no impact on the results of those games."

-Pittsburgh Steelers Chairman, Dan Rooney.

On Feb. 2, 2008, the Boston Herald reported that a member of the New England Patriots' video staff taped the St. Louis
' walk through on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI.  While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008 report on sources it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed.

I'd like to start out with a quote from former Dallas Cowboys coach and NFL on Fox analyst, Jimmy Johnson, after footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday.

"This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a
scout.  I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us. 
was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all teams saying not to do it.  But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. 

These players don't know what their coaches are doing, and some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this.  That's why the memo was sent to everybody.  That doesn't make Belichick right, but a lot of teams are doing this". 

That quote says a lot about the videotaping, especially where Johnson says, "I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us."  People don't seem to understand that this was common practice amongst all teams, not just the Patriots.

No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.  All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.  Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game (ESPN.com and boston.com).

He wouldn't let the Patriots off the hook for a major violation.  What Goodell found was "routine," but against the new rules nonetheless.  Goodell said of his findings that he found nothing that, "tainted the Patriots accomplishments."

So... who wants to be honest and who wants to be spiteful and dishonest?

Who decides to be what really doesn't affect me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061258-fired-up-setting-the-record-straight-on-spygate

So... who wants to be honest and who wants to be spiteful and dishonest?

Who decides to be what really doesn't affect me.

yeah im sure the league tried to minimize it so ratings wouldnt plummet. but the fact is they didnt fine them almost a million dollars and take draft picks away for something "routine and common" just because other people did it doesnt make it right. as jimmy admitted he didnt gain an advantage from it. obviously bill did. Why would bill tape those signals if there was no advantage to be gained? just for fun? just to pay 500,000 grand and laugh? I guess so since because as you say "since one reported tape involved wasnt accesible, the rest of the tapes dont matter, spy gate wasnt real"

yeah im sure the league tried to minimize it so ratings wouldnt plummet. but the fact is they didnt fine them almost a million dollars and take draft picks away for something "routine and common" just because other people did it doesnt make it right. as jimmy admitted he didnt gain an advantage from it. obviously bill did. Why would bill tape those signals if there was no advantage to be gained? just for fun? just to pay 500,000 grand and laugh? I guess so since because as you say "since one reported tape involved wasnt accesible, the rest of the tapes dont matter, spy gate wasnt real"

So the penalty dictates the severity of the "crime" and not the "crime" itself? So when weed dealers get 15 years in prison they're the scum of the earth but when sex offenders get out in 5 they're not that bad? The crime is the crime, which was taping a Jets game from a location deemed illegal by the memo. The penalty is a seperate issue and should have been opposed and fought.

because there fans come here with a holier than thou attitude and dousche up the forum

Let's be fair here...... this doesn't apply to all the Pats fans that come to our Forum.

I will agree with your statement,  in that,  there are a "select few" on here that do as you said, but I also very much like and appreciate some of the other Pats fans that are on here. 

So the penalty dictates the severity of the "crime" and not the "crime" itself? So when weed dealers get 15 years in prison they're the scum of the earth but when sex offenders get out in 5 they're not that bad? The crime is the crime, which was taping a Jets game from a location deemed illegal by the memo. The penalty is a seperate issue and should have been opposed and fought.

in the case of the nfl yes, the system the nfl uses to reprimand teams has nothing to do with this countries legal system. punishments dont always fit the crime, but generally they do and the severity of a crime is reflected in the severity of a punishment. like all things there are exceptions. you using these few exceptions to say this is not true is as ridiculous as everything else youve said in this thread

Let's be fair here...... this doesn't apply to all the Pats fans that come to our Forum.

I will agree with your statement, in that, there are a "select few" on here that do as you said, but I also very much like and appreciate some of the other Pats fans that are on here.

I think there are only a select few of decent ones the rest are how naptown says

Why did the NFL take a draft pick away from the Pats and fine them?  NFL did it not because they felt it was the right thing to do.  They did it out of fear and intimidation from the U.S. government.  lol

We need to go back and remember that Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania threatened congressional hearings against the NFL and Patriots over spy gate because he was upset the Pats beat his Eagles in the Super Bowl.  I kid you not.  This Senator actually wanted to drag Roger Goodell and members of the Patriots organization in front of congress and put them under oath over this nonsense.  lol  And many Pats haters would love that (even though at this time in 2007 we had 150,000 troops in Iraq, no WMD's found, Osama Bin Laden was still alive and in hiding and right on the brink of the worse financial collapse since the Great Depression and Patriot haters cared more about this spy gate nonsense than more important things in life.)  It's amazing how people are so obsessed over the Patriots that the Patriots can get such an immature emotional reaction out of people and turn grown ups into sniffling whining weasels.

Specter is a big Eagles fan.  If the Pats played a different team in that Super Bowl and won I doubt Specter would have even cared. 

The NFL needed to do something for P.R. reasons whether or not it was justified.  They felt if they did nothing it would just increase more unwanted attention to the story, create more conspiracies like Goodell and Kraft being the best of friends (even though Goodell dislikes the Pats as he's a Jets fan and the NFL refs can't stand Belichick) and the NFL felt to squash it and move on was to do what they did to shut you up.  But no matter what the NFL did you just can't shut up ignorant people as Pats haters are still crying about it like some kid getting his lunch money stolen in 2nd grade.  The fact that Pats haters are still obsessed over this silly insignificant nonsense shows you that they are driven by hate and contempt and jealousy.  Get a life and move on.  Focus on improving your own lives.

in the case of the nfl yes, the system the nfl uses to reprimand teams has nothing to do with this countries legal system. punishments dont always fit the crime, but generally they do and the severity of a crime is reflected in the severity of a punishment. like all things there are exceptions. you using these few exceptions to say this is not true is as ridiculous as everything else youve said in this thread

Yet NE's crime isn't a mystery. We know exactly what it was: It was ignoring a league memo detailing where taping signals was and was not a league violation.

The Broncos did the same thing a few years ago and they didn't receive the same penalty. Why?

It was a drastic over reach by a brand new commisioner.

It also has nothing to do with "cheating to win Superbowls."

The hypocrisy is amazing.  lol

Unless your team never cheated and never had any players who did steroids you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Unless your favorite NCAA college team never violated NCAA rules then you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Unless you never cheated on a test in your life you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Unless you never cheated on a significant other you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Can you imagine all the illegal horrible immoral activities Colts' fans and all other NFL fans have done in their lives that makes spy gate look like nothing?  lol  Go into the parking lot outside Colts' stadium or any NFL stadium after a game and watch all the drunkard fans get behind the wheels of their cars and drive home intoxicated while they're slobbering all over themselves: "Patriots cheated, spy gate."  lol

Unless your team never cheated and never had any players who did steroids you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Unless your favorite NCAA college team never violated NCAA rules then you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Unless you never cheated on a test in your life you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Unless you never cheated on a significant other you can't call the Pats cheaters.

Can you imagine all the illegal horrible immoral activities Colts' fans have done in their lives that makes spy gate look like nothing?  lol  Go into the parking lot outside Colts' stadium or any NFL stadium after a game and watch all the drunkard fans get behind the wheels of their cars and drive home intoxicated while they're slobbering all over themselves: "*s, Patriots cheated, *, spy gate."  lol

This is SO Wrong...

Contrary to what you think, and say,   You Don't actually have to be a cheater, to recognize one.

Why did the NFL take a draft pick away from the Pats and fine them?

We need to go back and remember that Senator Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania threatened congressional hearings against the NFL and Patriots over spy gate because he was upset the Pats beat his Eagles in the Super Bowl.  I kid you not.  This Senator actually wanted to drag Roger Goodell and members of the Patriots organization in front of congress and put them under oath over this nonsense.  lol  And many Pats haters would love that (even though at this time in 2007 we had 150,000 troops in Iraq, no WMD's found, Osama Bin Laden was still alive and in hiding and right on the brink of the worse financial collapse since the Great Depression and Patriot haters cared more about this spy gate nonsense than more important things in life.)  It's amazing how people are so obsessed over the Patriots that the Patriots can get such an immature emotional reaction out of people and turn grown ups into sniffling whining weasels.

Specter is a big Eagles fan.  If the Pats played a different team in that Super Bowl and won I doubt Specter would have even cared. 

The NFL needed to do something for P.R. reasons whether or not it was justified.  They felt if they did nothing it would just increase more unwanted attention to the story, create more conspiracies like Goodell and Kraft being the best of friends (even though Goodell dislikes the Pats as he's a Jets fan and the NFL refs can't stand Belichick) and the NFL felt to squash it and move on was to do what they did to shut you up.  But no matter what the NFL did you just can't shut up ignorant people as Pats haters are still crying about it like some kid getting his lunch money stolen in 2nd grade.  The fact that Pats haters are still obsessed over this silly insignificant nonsense shows you that they are driven by hate and contempt and jealousy.  Get a life and move on.  Focus on improving your own lives.

Yet NE's crime isn't a mystery. We know exactly what it was: It was ignoring a league memo detailing where taping signals was and was not a league violation.

The Broncos did the same thing a few years ago and they didn't receive the same penalty. Why?

It was a drastic over reach by a brand new commisioner.

It also has nothing to do with "cheating to win Superbowls."

so  if it didnt give the Pats some type of advantage why did they do it?

This is SO Wrong...

Contrary to what you think, and say,   You Don't actually have to be a cheater, to recognize one.

So then please explain to me how the Patriots cheated to win Superbowls and provide evidence for your claim.

If you can't do it, stop accusing them of cheating to win Superbowls.

So then please explain to me how the Patriots cheated to win Superbowls and provide evidence for your claim.

I, personally, never accused them of doing anything.   So please don't accuse me.

I was merely responding to another poster's comment, that you HAVE to be a cheater to accuse someone else of doing the same.

Not so.

Can you imagine all the illegal horrible immoral activities Colts' fans have done in their lives that makes spy gate look like nothing?  lol  Go into the parking lot outside Colts' stadium or any NFL stadium after a game and watch all the drunkard fans get behind the wheels of their cars and drive home intoxicated while they're slobbering all over themselves: "*s, Patriots cheated, *, spy gate."  lol

oh okay i see

so police officers cant pull people over for speeding because they may have

congress men cant make anti drug laws because theyve used them

parents cant discipline their children because they made the same mistakes

^ Exactly!!! They think they are gods gift to planet earth

Guys...get real here for a second. The three or four of you are arguing with one patriots fan about spygate. Casserly is just as responsible for the pathetic degeneration of this thread as the Patriots fan that he condemns.

Oh by the way.  Want to know how immature Colts fans are?  When you type in the word "cheatr iots" it doesn't show, they replaced it with an asterick.  Same thing with the word "Belic heat" when you type in those words with out the spaces between letters.  Try it.

Who actually takes time to go into the programming system of a website and do that?  lol  Wow!  Patriots organization is in the heads of these Colts fans.  BIG TIME!  :rock:

Everyone did it. Thats why the memo was sent to everyone.

Do you put an * next to the Steelers Superbowl and next to the Cowboys dynasty? Yes or no.

please support the fact that everyone did it

thats like saying before al gore wrote the internet laws that cyber crime was okay and people who continued to commit cyber crime were justified because people went un punished for it

Hahaha I love it when Patriots(asterisk)* fans turn this whole subject into legal parsing. Pretending that this is a court of law and evidentiary laws alone rule the conversation and not an individual's ability to reason and make informed decisions.

It is HILARIOUS!!!!

76272e319bcc30c9ffbf539765ac627a560e7ea8

So you're going to lie about what happened to try to tarnish a franchise out of sheer homerism for the Colts.

Thanks for being forthright about your intentions so I can dismiss all of your posts for what they are

Goodell destroyed the evidence. It obviously helped, otherwise he wouldn't have done it

please support the fact that everyone did it

thats like saying before al gore wrote the internet laws that cyber crime was okay and people who continued to commit cyber crime were justified because people went un punished for it

Numerous coaches, especially Superbowl coaches, who have worked for multiple organizations, have come forward and said everyone had did it. Thats why the league sent the memo to everyone, because it was common practice and they were alerting everyone to a rule change regarding where they can set up their recording devices.

Now, simple question, is the Cowboys Dynasty a result of cheating? Yes or no? Was Cowher's Steeler Superbowl a result of cheating? Yes or no?

Oh by the way.  Want to know how immature Colts fans are?  When you type in the word "cheatr iots" it doesn't show, they replaced it with an asterick.  Same thing with the word "Belic heat" when you type in those words with out the spaces between letters.  Try it.

Who actually takes time to go into the programming system of a website and do that?  lol  Wow!  Patriots organization is in the heads of these Colts fans.  BIG TIME!  :rock:

youre in our heads? whose house are you in?

Oh by the way. Want to know how immature Colts fans are? When you type in the word "cheatr iots" it doesn't show, they replaced it with an asterick. Same thing with the word "Belic heat" when you type in those words with out the spaces between letters. Try it.

Who actually takes time to go into the programming system of a website and do that? lol Wow! Patriots organization is in the heads of these Colts fans. BIG TIME! :rock:

you know how immature pats fans are? They post on a colts board more than their own

Goodell destroyed the evidence. It obviously helped, otherwise he wouldn't have done it

He aired some of it on Fox for the world to see. It showed nothing of any relevance, which is why he destroyed it. It was worthless and not worth keeping.

Unless you want to go the route of wearing a tinfoil hat and give us a conspiracy theory, just accept it.

The more people whine about spy gate the more it makes them look bad.  Around 20 million Americans lost their health insurance and the poverty rate is at it's highest in America since 1968 and people whine like children on the playground about this silly non issue called spy gate.

Former Steelers' head coach Bill Cowher dismisses impact of 'Spygate'...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/4294/cowher-dismisses-impact-of-spygate

Also, why do teams video tape?  It's actually used to scout other players.

The more people whine about spy gate the more it makes them look bad. Around 20 million Americans lost their health insurance and the poverty rate is at it's highest in America since 1968 and people whine like children on the playground about this silly non issue called spy gate.

Former Steelers' head coach Bill Cowher dismisses impact of 'Spygate'...

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/4294/cowher-dismisses-impact-of-spygate

Also, why do teams video tape? It's actually used to scout other players.

dumbest post of the year thus far

Numerous coaches, especially Superbowl coaches, who have worked for multiple organizations, have come forward and said everyone had did it. Thats why the league sent the memo to everyone, because it was common practice and they were alerting everyone to a rule change regarding where they can set up their recording devices.

Now, simple question, is the Cowboys Dynasty a result of cheating? Yes or no? Was Cowher's Steeler Superbowl a result of cheating? Yes or no?

source for everyone does it please

also if what you said is true then no i dont consider it cheating  because the rule wasnt in place so everyone could do it if they wanted to, this negates the effects of the advantage,

but once the patriots are the only team doing it and no one else because a rule change its giving them an unfair advantage

you know what scratch that it still was cheating, just because there isnt a rule doesnt make it right, and the welkers hit on talib thread you guys whined about how terrible that was even though it was coompletely legal

just because the rule book doesnt say "players are not allowed to butt rape someone on the field" doesnt mean its okay so why should this?

I hope we learn something from watching the Super Bowl and why we havent won more Super Bowls... its all about the trenches NOT WR's ...half ares OL and DL you only get an invite but NO Super Bowl !

Yup. That's why we lost a 19-0 season (next to a helmet catch). Giants defensive line could do no wrong that day and Brady was scrambling under extreme diress virtually every single play. Was a battle to the finish.

Oh by the way. Want to know how immature Colts fans are? When you type in the word "cheatr iots" it doesn't show, they replaced it with an asterick. Same thing with the word "Belic heat" when you type in those words with out the spaces between letters. Try it.

Who actually takes time to go into the programming system of a website and do that? lol Wow! Patriots organization is in the heads of these Colts fans. BIG TIME! :rock:

They did it so we can't use it and you pansies won't get butthurt when you see it