Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does everyone say Denver is a better team than the Patriots?

PATS16N0

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha  you really are hilarious....   :lol:   

Let me get this straight  ~  injuries ONLY count as excuses,  if it's NE that has the injuries.

Regular season Wins  NEVER matter  ~ unless it's NE's  wins we're talking about.

And just because Denver ended up as the #1 AFC team last year,   So far has done Very Well in FA, and so on....  that really is of no importance going into next season.   It would ONLY be of importance if it was NE.

Got It.     haha

Regular season wins always matter for football discussion when they're against quality opponents.

Also, Denver's FA has been way overrated and over hyped. The TJ Ward signing was good, the others.... not so much.

Talib was good until the Patriots signed Revis who is a once a generation HoF corner with Randy Moss level talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Now it isn't so spectacular.

large_PatsThief.jpg

John-Harbaugh-Cheating-Asterisk-Patriots

lets-pretend-tim-etchells-neon-sml.jpg

Sounds desperate, Is desperate. Will always be desperate.

It's just slander. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and IMO reflects poorly on people who bring it up considering they have no evidence of any cheating and it's an invented story.

It's just slander. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and IMO reflects poorly on people who bring it up considering they have no evidence of any cheating and it's an invented story.

really, then why didn't kraft appeal the punishment?

Sounds desperate, Is desperate. Will always be desperate. It's just slander. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I don't think you understand; it doesn't matter what you try and think. It doesn't matter what it sounds like to you.

It just is what it is...and it will never go away or take the tarnish off of the Super Bowls you won a long time ago. ;)

really, then why didn't kraft appeal the punishment?

The punishment for what? Taping the Jets signals from the WRONG LOCATION? You do realize if the cameraman had been standing somewhere else it wouldn't of been a violation of league rules, right? That it still isn't to this day, right? That this happened at a Jets practice in early 2007 right? That it has nothing to do with "cheating" right? That it has nothing to do with winning three Superbowls, right?

Spew your slanders a little more. You're inventing a narrative with no basis in reality. You must be really butthurt over Patriot success

bradys pre spygate discovery playoff record 12-2, 3 sbs

bradys post spygate playoff record 5-5, 0-2 in sbs to wildcard teams despite having "teh greatest offense like evar!"

"Spygate" isn't real. It's a sensationalist word invented by the media. Do you even know what it was?

I'd love to hear you explain the totality of "spygate" in detail. I bet you can't. I actually PROMISE you can't. You can just say "spygate"

The punishment for what? Taping the Jets signals from the WRONG LOCATION? You do realize if the cameraman had been standing somewhere else it wouldn't of been a violation of league rules, right? That it still isn't to this day, right? That this happened at a Jets practice in early 2007 right? That it has nothing to do with "cheating" right? That it has nothing to do with winning three Superbowls, right?

Spew your slanders a little more. You're inventing a narrative with no basis in reality. You must be really butthurt over Patriot success

then why didn't kraft appeal?

LOL did Belichick** or the Patriots(asterisk)* try and fight the punishments?

If nothing was wrong, why not?

-grin-

Can y'all tell how much I love this stuff? Just twisting the knife. :)

So you don't know what "spygate" was in other words, and say rather hilariously that because they didn't fight the punishment for taping the Jets in 2007 (which they should of), that their 2001, 2003 and 2004 Superbowls were the result of "cheating."

You would make a great citizen in the novel 1984.

Belichick acknowledged when the rule was clarified by the league in September, 2006 - outlawing "videotaping of any type" during a game, he stepped over the line.

"Bill, you got the memo," Keteyian said. "I mean, you couldn't be any more clear than…" 

"I made a mistake," Belichick said. "I was wrong. I was wrong."

"People have said you flat-out cheated," Keteyian said. "What do you say to those people?"

"What I've said to you," Belichick said. "I told you the truth."

hmmmm no evidence, i guess bill was just lying to make himself look like more of a jerk

So you don't know what "spygate" was in other words, and say rather hilariously that because they didn't fight the punishment for taping the Jets in 2007 (which they should of), that their 2001, 2003 and 2004 Superbowls were the result of "cheating."

You would make a great citizen in the novel 1984.

you clearly dont know what spygate was because the jets practice was a small (unethical) part

i think it was more due to taping defensive signals during the game right on the field

Belichick acknowledged when the rule was clarified by the league in September, 2006 - outlawing "videotaping of any type" during a game, he stepped over the line.

"Bill, you got the memo," Keteyian said. "I mean, you couldn't be any more clear than…" 

"I made a mistake," Belichick said. "I was wrong. I was wrong."

"People have said you flat-out cheated," Keteyian said. "What do you say to those people?"

"What I've said to you," Belichick said. "I told you the truth."

hmmmm no evidence, i guess bill was just lying to make himself look like more of a jerk

Well, that means nothing! It depends on what the meaning of the word is is. ;)

From your own source:

The 2007 New England Patriots videotaping controversy, widely dubbed "Spygate",[1][2] refers to an incident in the 2007 National Football League season when the New England Patriots were disciplined by the National Football League (NFL) for videotaping New York Jets' defensive coaches' signals during a September 9, 2007 game from a sideline location, an act deemed by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to be in violation of league rules. After an investigation, the NFL fined Patriots head coach Bill Belichick $500,000 (the maximum allowed by the league and the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 87-year history) for his role in the incident, fined the Patriots $250,000, and docked the team their original first-round selection in the 2008 NFL Draft which would have been the 31st pick of the draft.[3] The fine garnered significant media attention for being the "maximum amount" an individual could be fined.

As part of their probe into the allegations, the NFL required the Patriots to turn over all notes and tapes relating to the taping of opponents' defensive signals; the Patriots complied with the order and the NFL "reviewed" and then destroyed the materials.[4] This action was criticized on February 1, 2008 – 2 days before Super Bowl XLII — by U.S. Senator Arlen Specter, who requested to meet with Goodell. Specter requested the meeting despite the fact that Belichick had admitted to taping signals dating back to 2000 was reported by ESPN on September 14, 2007.[5] After meeting with Goodell on February 13, 2008, and despite the fact that the extent of the taping had been widely reported, Specter appeared to believe he was breaking news when he said that Goodell told him that Belichick had been engaged in the practice since he became head coach of the Patriots in 2000.[6] Belichick said he believed he was operating within the rules as long as the tape was not used during the same game

AND? Where's the "cheating"? The violation was in taping the signals from the wrong location.

Further more"

Nearly six months after the incident, the Boston Herald reported, citing an unnamed source, that the Patriots had also videotaped the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI in February 2002,[8] an allegation denied by Belichick[7] and later retracted by the Herald. Meanwhile, Matt Walsh, a Patriots video assistant in 2001 who was fired after the team's 2002 season, told the media the same week that he had information and materials regarding the Patriots' videotaping practices, but demanded an indemnity agreement before speaking with the NFL

STORY RETRACTED, BOSTON HERALD MADE A MISTAKE AND APOLOGIZED TO THE PATRIOTS.

This is what you base your "cheating" accusations on. A story that was retracted.

From your own source:

AND? Where's the "cheating"? The violation was in taping the signals from the wrong location.

Further more"

This is what you base your "cheating" accusations on. A story that was retracted.

750,000 in fines and.loss of a first round pick.

From your own source:

Further more"

so who doesnt understand spygate?

750,000 in fines and.loss of a first round pick.

Yup. A new commisioner from the Jets organization letting the league know a new Sheriff was in town. The penalty doesn't prove the Patriots were cheating when the story has been proven to be false. It only proves we were over penalized.

Yup. A new commisioner from the Jets organization letting the league know a new Sheriff was in town. The penalty doesn't prove the Patriots were cheating when the story has been proven to be false. It only proves we were over penalized.

The hoodie said himself that he had been breaking the rule since 2000.

In what capacity did goodell ever work for the jets

Yeah!!! There was no cheating! They were just videotaping the awesome conditions of the fields that their opponents were playing on. Just trying to get some tips for the grounds crew at Gillette. Fines? What fines? Lost draft pick? Ehhh whatever. It's all political.

Everybody did this which is why the league memo was sent TO EVERY TEAM. The Patriots were penalized from doing it from the wrong location. Doing it from locations outside what the league has determined is the WRONG location is still legal to this very day. You're making a mountain out of a molehill to make you feel better about us owning you in those years

Dishonesty, in other words

LOL did Belichick** or the Patriots(asterisk)* try and fight the punishments?

If nothing was wrong, why not?

-grin-

Can y'all tell how much I love this stuff? Just twisting the knife. :)

Lol I love this topic but sometimes some of the stupidity some spew is just ridiculous haha good thing there is a filter for naughty words

The hoodie said himself that he had been breaking the rule since 2000.

Source?

Jimmy Johnson won 2 Superbowls and admitted he did this as well, and Bill Cowher, another Superbowl winner, claims that EVERYONE did. Why only attacking the Patriot Superbowls?

please elaborate on what goodells job was with the jets