Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does everyone say Denver is a better team than the Patriots?

PATS16N0

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You needed Gronk sauce on your sammch?

His is a sauce you don't ever want to sample... It may make you make poor decisions on and off the field.

Seriously why does everything have to become a peeing match with Patriot fans on here. We will see who is better on the football field, and what happened yesterday doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

The regular season is relevant to Patriot fans? Hmmmm I wonder why that changed.

I think he's saying like the OP that they did beat them with a healthy Gronk. And Talib of course. The last two PO games were over when Talib sat.

I wonder the same thing! I honestly don't think so they all congregate here and troll us. Hell they are crying to us about the broncos for crying out loud :facepalm:

Maybe you didn't realize that you're in the NFL General section. Try the Colts Football section.

Maybe you didn't realize that you're in the NFL General section. Try the Colts Football section.

Of a Colts website. I think if your having honest, objective conversation we welcome all...if your here to start a flame war/arguement when you KNOW the reaction you will get and its just to incite a negative reaction...your trolling.

Of course no one is SCARED of Denver. We all think we can beat them and expect to win...because it's football and any given sunday sometimes the best teams don't win. But why the need to go around hollering and crying about it is beyond me. Some teams match up well...I don't think Denver is a ton better but playing at home I would expect them to win. It took a fluke play in a wind storm and terrible weather for NE with their best players to win. Denver was neutralized from what they do well because of it....but this year the rosters will be different and the upgrades Denver has done so far set them apart.

Of a Colts website. I think if your having honest, objective conversation we welcome all...if your here to start a flame war/arguement when you KNOW the reaction you will get and its just to incite a negative reaction...your trolling.

Of course no one is SCARED of Denver. We all think we can beat them and expect to win...because it's football and any given sunday sometimes the best teams don't win. But why the need to go around hollering and crying about it is beyond me. Some teams match up well...I don't think Denver is a ton better but playing at home I would expect them to win. It took a fluke play in a wind storm and terrible weather for NE with their best players to win. Denver was neutralized from what they do well because of it....but this year the rosters will be different and the upgrades Denver has done so far set them apart.

That's what Mods are for.

The op asked a ? To colts fans on a colts board that doesn't have a damn thing to do with us just to get a reaction

I believe that's called a troll??

So you obliged? Why? I didn't think it was the best question either but that's not for me to rule on.

So you obliged? Why? I didn't think it was the best question either but that's not for me to rule on.

to be honest I'm just sick of " I'm better then everyone" patriots fans they annoy me. your players and coach and owner and fans are all worlds ahead oh us all how could we ever stand up against the almighty patriots. Not to mention you all bend things you say to protect you. one second your saying the regular season don't matter but when you get creamed by the broncos in the playoffs you run back and hide behind your regular season win.

First, I am no Pats fans. Second, what are you talking about? The teams played twice and split. The regular season is not an exhibition.

Your not a Pats fan? Wow, have I been out of touch here. But the point was some Pats fans like to poopoo on anything that happens during the regular season. My point was you said they split the series thus the regular season holds weight, but seeing as you're not a Pats fan it doesn't make sense.

Way not to be a Patty! haha

Your not a Pats fan? Wow, have I been out of touch here. But the point was some Pats fans like to poopoo on anything that happens during the regular season. My point was you said they split the series thus the regular season holds weight, but seeing as you're not a Pats fan it doesn't make sense.

Ha. I hear ya. I really don't know the Pats fans that well up here. For sure playoff games matter more but when determining which team is better you have to look at the history. I believe the Pats only loss to Denver the last few seasons was the AFCCG last year. They had beaten Tebow twice and Manning twice. But as the two teams are currently comprised, you have to say Denver is better on paper but the off-season has just begun. Things could change in the next few months.

to be honest I'm just sick of " I'm better then everyone" patriots fans they annoy me. your players and coach and owner and fans are all worlds ahead oh us all how could we ever stand up against the almighty patriots. Not to mention you all bend things you say to protect you. one second your saying the regular season don't matter but when you get creamed by the broncos in the playoffs you run back and hide behind your regular season win.

I'm not getting any of that. But I'll respect your bitterness.

Mike Martz said it right on NFL Network. If there is a weakness/thing that Denver does not do well enough is having a mauling mentality on the OL to line up and run the ball against the tough Ds. If Peyton for some reason does not have home field vs the Pats in the playoffs, Denver better learn to run the ball on offense. Pats are more equipped to play a grind it out game than the Broncos with their OL, IMO.

Having said that, the last 2 playoff games Peyton has played vs a Belichick coached D, he has uncovered a few tendencies and has done better than in years past and unless the Pats' pass rush has improved, I still see Peyton's OL giving him enough time to survey the field and find options other than his #1 option. The difference is if Revis plays the Broncos' #1 wideout tight, Peyton does not have the arm to gun it and fit it into that tight window. However, Brady does, even if Talib is playing tight with his wideout. Considerable difference when key moments happen, IMO. That aspect has still not changed.

HFA will definitely go a long way to determine who has an edge in their playoff matchup if they do indeed meet up. Peyton needs it more than Brady, HFA, I meant.

It's pretty simple why everyone says Denver is better than New England...and as a Patriots fan it doesn't really matter if you agree or not because...well...they are. For one, they were the #1 seed in the AFC for a reason. And if that alone wasn't enough, the Broncos kicked our butts in the AFC Championship game, went to the Superbowl, and have done nothing but improve their roster ever since. The Patriots have addressed their biggest need this off season as well, but in the three months since Denver sent New England packing, can you honestly say that anything has happened that would change people's perception of what they watched when the two last played?

It's pretty simple why everyone says Denver is better than New England...and as a Patriots fan it doesn't really matter if you agree or not because...well...they are. For one, they were the #1 seed in the AFC for a reason. And if that alone wasn't enough, the Broncos kicked our butts in the AFC Championship game, went to the Superbowl, and have done nothing but improve their roster ever since. The Patriots have addressed their biggest need this off season as well, but in the three months since Denver sent New England packing, can you honestly say that anything has happened that would change people's perception of what they watched when the two last played?

QFT.

New England has some work to do this offseason...we still need a safety and another DT or two...and we also need a true #2 TE and a deep threat WR.

Mike Martz said it right on NFL Network. If there is a weakness/thing that Denver does not do well enough is having a mauling mentality on the OL to line up and run the ball against the tough Ds. If Peyton for some reason does not have home field vs the Pats in the playoffs, Denver better learn to run the ball on offense. Pats are more equipped to play a grind it out game than the Broncos with their OL, IMO.

Having said that, the last 2 playoff games Peyton has played vs a Belichick coached D, he has uncovered a few tendencies and has done better than in years past and unless the Pats' pass rush has improved, I still see Peyton's OL giving him enough time to survey the field and find options other than his #1 option. The difference is if Revis plays the Broncos' #1 wideout tight, Peyton does not have the arm to gun it and fit it into that tight window. However, Brady does, even if Talib is playing tight with his wideout. Considerable difference when key moments happen, IMO. That aspect has still not changed.

HFA will definitely go a long way to determine who has an edge in their playoff matchup if they do indeed meet up. Peyton needs it more than Brady, HFA, I meant.

Great points. I have always said it is easy to defend a Manning-led offense because you know what you will get every time. His teams have never really committed to the tough nosed football. They have always been aerial attacks. And even though it is difficult to execute, if you have the personnel as the Seahawks did this past year and the Pats from the early 00's and the Chargers, etc. then it is easy to frustrate him and keep the O off balance and the score low.

I'm not getting any of that. But I'll respect your bitterness.

The bitterness of the person who starts these kind of threads is of the worst kind. Your team gets beat when it comes to signing people in free agency... so you start a thread which serves no real service on the forum, but to spark arguments.

We know the real reason behind it.

Look until they are unseated the Broncos are the AFC Champs. You don't have to fear them or anything but they are the team to beat. There are tons of reasons...one being PM led teams are 6-0 when playing a team he lost to earlier in the season. Even if you get the best of him he learns from it and makes adjustments better than any qb. The game in Foxboro last year was a crazy game...played in the worst conditions possible that neutralized the Broncos offense. It was a best case scenerio for NE and they only won on a fluke play in the final minute of OT. Had Denver fielded the punt at best NE ties. Denver lost their best corner at half time before which NE hadn't done much and played without their 2nd best playmaker in Julius Thomas (the Denver Gronk if you must lol). The playoff game wasn't close...it was never in doubt..and easily could have been a bigger margin. Yes NE didn't have Gronk but Denver was without several key defensive players themselves....but all that matters is what happens with who plays...not what ifs.

Thats all out the door next year because A TON will change...but so far Denver has made upgrades to a team that was superior...and while I think NE is making great moves this offseason I still can't say I'm sold on a brittle Amendola, unproven young receivers, and an often broken Gronk. If it wasn't for the amazing Tom Brady it wouldn't be even close but with him its a good game...one I would say I favor Denver by a solid touchdown at home and probably a push in Foxboro.

Your argument doesn't make sense. When Patriot fans say the post season is more important it's in the quality of teams you play. The regular season doesn't matter... when you're a play off team thrashing on the Raiders. The Patriots v Denver DOES though, in judging where the teams are.

Again, Denver has never beaten New England with Gronk on the field, so I don't know why the narrative is Denver is automatically better. Denver only won the AFCCG by 10. If Gronk was playing, I bet we would have had more than that difference.

My point is I definitely don't consider it a foregone conclusion that Denver is better. I wouldn't be surprised if we're favored our next encounter.

Look until they are unseated the Broncos are the AFC Champs. You don't have to fear them or anything but they are the team to beat. There are tons of reasons...one being PM led teams are 6-0 when playing a team he lost to earlier in the season. Even if you get the best of him he learns from it and makes adjustments better than any qb. The game in Foxboro last year was a crazy game...played in the worst conditions possible that neutralized the Broncos offense. It was a best case scenerio for NE and they only won on a fluke play in the final minute of OT. Had Denver fielded the punt at best NE ties. Denver lost their best corner at half time before which NE hadn't done much and played without their 2nd best playmaker in Julius Thomas (the Denver Gronk if you must lol). The playoff game wasn't close...it was never in doubt..and easily could have been a bigger margin. Yes NE didn't have Gronk but Denver was without several key defensive players themselves....but all that matters is what happens with who plays...not what ifs.

Thats all out the door next year because A TON will change...but so far Denver has made upgrades to a team that was superior...and while I think NE is making great moves this offseason I still can't say I'm sold on a brittle Amendola, unproven young receivers, and an often broken Gronk. If it wasn't for the amazing Tom Brady it wouldn't be even close but with him its a good game...one I would say I favor Denver by a solid touchdown at home and probably a push in Foxboro.

Well, I consider the Patriots the team to beat. Here's why:

Patriots v Colts was a rivalry for AFC dominance  in the 2000's.

Patriots v Steelers was a rivalry for AFC dominance in the 2000's.

Patriots v Ravens was a rivalry for AFC dominance in the late 2000s and early 2010's

Patriots v Denver is now a rivalry for AFC dominance.

See what's going on here? The Patriots are always the golden standard. Our rivals come and go. We remain asking the conference: "Next?"

So one loss (the first Denver has given us in some time) when Gronk wasn't on the field and we were riddled with pro bowl injuries, I don't think dethrones us.

I see no reason to think we don't beat Denver this year. More over, I don't see any reason to think we don't beat them decisively, as usual.

Your argument doesn't make sense. When Patriot fans say the post season is more important it's in the quality of teams you play. The regular season doesn't matter... when you're a play off team thrashing on the Raiders. The Patriots v Denver DOES though, in judging where the teams are.

Again, Denver has never beaten New England with Gronk on the field, so I don't know why the narrative is Denver is automatically better. Denver only won the AFCCG by 10. If Gronk was playing, I bet we would have had more than that difference.

My point is I definitely don't consider it a foregone conclusion that Denver is better. I wouldn't be surprised if we're favored our next encounter.

Really your going to talk about the competition the Broncos play? Because the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets. I forgot the AFCE had three playoff teams last year.

I don't know why you're all bent out of shape of this. Does it really disturb you Peyton is 2-1 against Brady in the biggest game they can play? Or is it because Brady has a losing record against Denver?

I see no reason to think we don't beat Denver this year. More over, I don't see any reason to think we don't beat them decisively, as usual.

Exactly what you thought right before the AFCCG and the self proclaimed Manning hater shows up after 2 months with another rubbish.

Wait till your team beats the Broncos. Right now, Broncos are AFC Champions. Till then, shut up and write a fiction book ( Gronk Sauce ).

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2014 - several rule violations
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2014 - several rule violations

Awesome! :thmup:

I'm always watching out for the unguarded moments displayed by quintessential Patriots(asterisk)* fans. Total inability to process reality.

"The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot. The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot. The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot."

It's always fun to sit at BDubs and observe the hopeless bewilderment of Patriots(asterisk)* fans when they walk in and see all of the Cowboys, Redskins, Jets & Steelers jerseys and like 3 Patriots(asterisk)* jerseys. Hahaha it has to be a disheartening dose of reality. All 5 franchises have the same kind of fans holding onto imaginary notions regarding the real or imagined greatness of their respective teams and the dynasties they once had...However the Patriots(asterisk)* lack the actual fanbase/following outside of their respective metropolitan area (and real dynasty too).

And have you noticed something...I travel quite a bit for work and spend weekends in other cities. If I get the opportunity, I get away to a sports bar/restaurant like BDubs or a Roosters over in Knoxville or Bikinis in Dallas/San Anton etc, etc. and I see that other teams have fans from all kinds of backgrounds/demos. But most Patriots(asterisk)* fans outside of Massachusetts seem to be cut from the exact same demographic. I won't spell it out because the moderating Nannies'll come along and faint but am I the only one seeing it? Could you confuse a Patriots(asterisk)* table with a Northeastern Klan rally?

Anyway, back to my point; it has to sting to drink that much Kool-Aid and then step outside their homes and see the exact opposite.

Ehhhh that's what happens when you do things the Patriots(asterisk)* way and cheat through to a round-about dynasty. The diehards (and ESPN....based in New England) hold to the lie and pretend there is no other conclusion to be drawn...but everyone else just kind of meanders off and goes home.

*WompWomp  :helmet:  :throwback: