Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does everyone say Denver is a better team than the Patriots?

PATS16N0

Because last season they had the greatest offense in NFL history and destroyed them in the AFCCG.

Right now, the Broncos are better than the Pats, especially with the Broncos' new big name signings.

Statistically doesn't mean "the best." The best offense in league history wouldn't of lost to 75% of the play off teams they faced in the regular season, or been buried in one of the most humiliating defeats in Superbowl history. The "statistically best offense" in league history can also mean they were very successful at piling on stats against NFL bottom feeders.

Losses to Indy, New England, San Diego, then getting CRUSHED in the Superbowl tells a different story.

Thats not Patriot homerism or Peyton hate. It's just objectivity. There have been more dangerous and more difficult to stop offenses in the NFL.

Sorry

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious why this is on a Colts board. Wouldn't you get more enjoyment trolling an entire fan base, ie the Broncos board, than the half dozen or so who follow Peyton still?

Now come on. You are much more fun then a bunch of Broncos fans who still clamor for Tebow when the Broncs lose. ;)

This is what everyone said when Welker left. I like Edelman but if he's going to walk I won't lost any sleep.

Good thing you didn't lost any sleep, but if New England doesn't sign Edleman... and Gronkowski goes down again. It might spell trouble for the team depending on how the draft goes. Grownkowski needs to focus on health, and then maybe he will be as dangerous as he is on the dance floor.

The Denver Broncos have never, EVER, defeated a Patriot team that has Gronkowski on the field.

What's the record now? 0-5 against us with Gronk? 0-6?

I always see people say this in an echo chamber as a matter of fact but is it based on parroting "media experts" or is it based on real analyisis?

How can they be a superior team if they always lose to the Patriots with Gronk on the field? ALWAYS.

That sort of consistency seems to point to the exact opposite of this narrative.

Just wondering.

The Denver Broncos have never, EVER, defeated a Patriot team that has Gronkowski on the field.

I always see people say this in an echo chamber as a matter of fact but is it based on parroting "media experts" or is it based on real analyisis?

How can they be a superior team if they always lose to the Patriots with Gronk on the field? ALWAYS.

That sort of consistency seems to point to the exact opposite of this narrative.

Just wondering.

You may be drawing a conclusion from a coincidence

Hmm...I seem to remember the pats greatest offense ever scoring about the same against a much less amazing defense.

I remember that well. Before the game, Brady laughed off Plaxico Burress when Burress said the Patriots would only score 17 pts. Brady said Plaxico should give the Patriots more respect. Plaxico said the final score would be 23-17. Ironically, the Pats went on to only score 14 pts. Sounds to me like Plaxico gave the Pats too much respect with that 23-17 prediction.

Just curious why this is on a Colts board. Wouldn't you get more enjoyment trolling an entire fan base, ie the Broncos board, than the half dozen or so who follow Peyton still?

Damn I sure wish they would it would be a blessing if they all followed too. Some pats fans here I can stand others :facepalm:

Statistically doesn't mean "the best." The best offense in league history wouldn't of lost to 75% of the play off teams they faced in the regular season, or been buried in one of the most humiliating defeats in Superbowl history. The "statistically best offense" in league history can also mean they were very successful at piling on stats against NFL bottom feeders.

Losses to Indy, New England, San Diego, then getting CRUSHED in the Superbowl tells a different story.

Thats not Patriot homerism or Peyton hate. It's just objectivity. There have been more dangerous and more difficult to stop offenses in the NFL.

Sorry

They scored their most points against solid teams: Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys, Titans... Either playoff teams or borderline playoff teams. Not bottom feeders. 

The other teams that you would consider to have "the best offense" in history also had some tough losses. 

The only valid argument you have in this whole thing is that they got crushed in the Super Bowl. Even with that, I think they're the best. They destroyed every barrier. 

Just wondering.

Welcome back after 2 months hang over of AFCGG and how original to start a thread about Broncos in a Colts forum by a Pats fan who is a self proclaimed Manning hater.

I swear if it weren't for the respect of our older posters like Gramz etc this post would have a lot of curse words, insults, and satanism in it that'd make a christian cry, but out of respect I'll hold back and just say HOW STUPIDLY BLIND CAN YOU FREAKING BE? The Pats were good last year, but a shell of that 16-0 team. You can preach "no Gronk" all you want but I am sure the Broncos had more offensive injuries than the Pats did n it took a second half flurry for them to even come back and a Welker choke moment to seal Denver's fate. This is coming from a guy that wishes Peyton the best but ends it at that. I felt zero remorse during that superbowl loss and have never blind homered him.

EDIT: Also to our normal Pats posters this is not directed at all of ya'll, just OP.

I'm a patriots fan, die hard you can say, but even I have to admit the Broncos are a superior team than the Patriots at this stage.

-Brady has been missing the deep ball the last few years, he has not been very good since the Randy Moss days.

-Gronk is always injured.

-We don't have a #1 deep threat, we brought Amendola to replace Welker, not to replace someone like Randy Moss, we are still looking for a deep threat receiver.

-Our defense is suspect at times....Yes we don't give out a lot of points, but our defense at times has looked plain terrible. We need better defensive tackles, Wilfork is up there in age and past his prime, he is good as gone for this upcoming season.

-Fumble galore, our RB's these days fumble way too much Ridley can't hold on to the ball for ****t, I give him 1 more season before the Patriots decide to cut him if he keeps fumbling.

Coaching wise, BB has been on top of his game.

Gronk has nothing to do with Brady flat out missing targets.

Or mediocre receivers not running proper routes.  If Brady had Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, Andre Caldwell, Knowshon Moreno and the Broncos had Dobson, Thompkins and Edelman then I would bet the Pats would have won.

Peyton had all those weapons (Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, Andre Caldwell, Knowshon Moreno) in the super bowl and they all looked scared, played soft and did squat and got owned.  Now take away Eric Decker who's with the Jets.

Gronkowski won't be the same again... way too many surgeries... And the Broncos have Aqib Talib now who stopped Jimmy Graham, so I think he can limit Gronk

lol @ "Gronk won't be the same again."  lol  More wishful thinking from Colts fan.

Let's see if Talib can play a full season and actually stay on the field without constant hip problems.  Two straight AFC title games where Talib couldn't finish the first quarter without leaving the game.

What Revis did to Reggie Wayne in the playoffs was even more impressive than what Talib did to Graham.

Now there's reports the Pats might land Browner from the Seahawks.  Sure he has to miss the first 4 games for a PED violation, but he doesn't get paid those 4 missed games.  What matters is will he be there for the playoffs?  I would take Browner over Talib on pure durability and reliability and SB experience.

Because last season they had the greatest offense in NFL history and destroyed them in the AFCCG.

Right now, the Broncos are better than the Pats, especially with the Broncos' new big name signings.

"Destroyed" ?  lol  Broncos won by only 10 points and through parts of that game they played keep away.  What did Brady have to work with?  Talib got injured and left the game.

Destroyed is what the Pats did to the Colts the last 3 seasons.  If the Broncos "destroyed" the Pats in the AFC title game then the Pats ran 10 trains on the Colts non stop.

Ravens and Pats are in the running for Steve Smith too.  Looks like there's a good chance Browner might go to the Pats.  Then there's the draft.

They scored their most points against solid teams: Eagles, Ravens, Cowboys, Titans... Either playoff teams or borderline playoff teams. Not bottom feeders. 

The other teams that you would consider to have "the best offense" in history also had some tough losses. 

The only valid argument you have in this whole thing is that they got crushed in the Super Bowl. Even with that, I think they're the best. They destroyed every barrier.

Huh?

Those teams all were horrible.

Those teams were terrible.

Or mediocre receivers not running proper routes. If Brady had Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, Andre Caldwell, Knowshon Moreno and the Broncos had Dobson, Thompkins and Edelman then I would bet the Pats would have won.

Peyton had all those weapons (Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, Andre Caldwell, Knowshon Moreno) in the super bowl and they all looked scared, played soft and did squat and got owned. Now take away Eric Decker who's with the Jets.

I'm talking about the AFCCG. Brady missed at least 5 deep throws that would have been TDs. He's declining.

I'm talking about the AFCCG. Brady missed at least 5 deep throws that would have been TDs. He's declining.

haha yeah he's declining.  Give Brady Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, Andre Caldwell, Knowshon Moreno and he's got a good chance of throwing for 55 td's as well.

But again, Peyton had all those weapons above and the Broncos only scored 8 points in the SB.  So if Brady is in decline then Peyton is done according to your logic.

haha yeah he's declining. Give Brady Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, Wes Welker, Trindon Holliday, Andre Caldwell, Knowshon Moreno and he's got a good chance of throwing for 55 td's as well.

But again, Peyton had all those weapons above and the Broncos only scored 8 points in the SB. So if Brady is in decline then Peyton is done according to your logic.

Trindon Holliday and Andre Caldwell? Lol

Give Brady weapon - Same old whining has begun again.

Great players make their weapons. DT is a great player but other receivers are what Peyton made through hrs of practise running routes. Lets see what Decker does with Jets now.

Brady will sulk seeing these Pats fan making comments like we need weapons. He has weapons. Pats had bad luck last year with 2 players with whom Brady has good chemistry ( Aaron and Gronk ). But he needs to start spending more time with Dobson, Kendrell, Amendola etc.

PATS16N0, I think your sample size is a bit arbitrary.  And really, to be honest, any sample size is inherently arbitrary because of turnover.  I mean, Gronk is a great player, but in order to get that stat you're also including games with Tim Tebow at QB for Denver.  Not to mention all the other player turnover on both teams.  Since Manning has been on the Broncos, they're 0-2 against Gronk, and in one of those Gronk didn't really put up a lot of stats anyway.

Anyway, the Broncos have made a lot of big moves this offseason.  It looks nice on paper, but how it translates to the field should be interesting.  Looking at the rosters I think the Broncos are marginally better than the Patriots, but not by a lot.

Just wondering.

#1. Gronk gets hurt checking his mail. 

#2. To refresh your memory, the Broncos beat the Pats easily in the playoffs. 

#3. Do the Patriots not have their own fan forum?? 

@

PATS16N0

Did you watch last season at all? Sure the Super Bowl was a bust of epic proportions, but the rest of the season it was pretty clear to everyone that Broncos was just the best team in the league.

So Pats lost Gronk. Big loss for them. But what team wouldn't miss a player like Von Miller on defense?

Every team has injuries, even to key players, so don't play that card.

If you want to make the case that over the past 5 years, the Patriots have been the better team. Fine, I'll take it.

If you want to make the case that as of right now, considering last season, that the Patriots are better than the Broncos, then you'll just end up looking like a troll or someone so blinded by being a fan, that they are completely out of touch with reality.

They were the better team the last time they played. The Patriots did crush them in the PO the previous season so let's see what the upcoming season brings? The Patriots and Bronco will be favored to meet in the AFCCG again if things line up right and they will.

Give Brady weapon - Same old whining has begun again.

Great players make their weapons. DT is a great player but other receivers are what Peyton made through hrs of practise running routes. Lets see what Decker does with Jets now.

Brady will sulk seeing these Pats fan making comments like we need weapons. He has weapons. Pats had bad luck last year with 2 players with whom Brady has good chemistry ( Aaron and Gronk ). But he needs to start spending more time with Dobson, Kendrell, Amendola etc.

Not a horrible post. Brady will never sulk and has made many players look better than they actually were and you can bet your bottom dollar he's working hard with the receivers that are on board. Brady and Peyton are accentually the same guy on preparation and work ethic. With that said Peyton has enjoyed more talented receivers throughout his career without question. And yes those great to very good receivers have benefited from playing with Peyton.