Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does everyone say Denver is a better team than the Patriots?

PATS16N0

Gap is closing with the Pats signing of Browner yesterday. It will be great to watch these two teams secondary's go at it next year. Like I said earlier in this thread, glad to have the Broncos pushing the Pats to these types of deals. Love the size and physicality of Browner.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! :thmup:

I'm always watching out for the unguarded moments displayed by quintessential Patriots(asterisk)* fans. Total inability to process reality.

"The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot. The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot. The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot."

It's always fun to sit at BDubs and observe the hopeless bewilderment of Patriots(asterisk)* fans when they walk in and see all of the Cowboys, Redskins, Jets & Steelers jerseys and like 3 Patriots(asterisk)* jerseys. Hahaha it has to be a disheartening dose of reality. All 5 franchises have the same kind of fans holding onto imaginary notions regarding the real or imagined greatness of their respective teams and the dynasties they once had...However the Patriots(asterisk)* lack the actual fanbase/following outside of their respective metropolitan area (and real dynasty too).

And have you noticed something...I travel quite a bit for work and spend weekends in other cities. If I get the opportunity, I get away to a sports bar/restaurant like BDubs or a Roosters over in Knoxville or Bikinis in Dallas/San Anton etc, etc. and I see that other teams have fans from all kinds of backgrounds/demos. But most Patriots(asterisk)* fans outside of Massachusetts seem to be cut from the exact same demographic. I won't spell it out because the moderating Nannies'll come along and faint but am I the only one seeing it? Could you confuse a Patriots(asterisk)* table with a Northeastern Klan rally?

Anyway, back to my point; it has to sting to drink that much Kool-Aid and then step outside their homes and see the exact opposite.

Ehhhh that's what happens when you do things the Patriots(asterisk)* way and cheat through to a round-about dynasty. The diehards (and ESPN....based in New England) hold to the lie and pretend there is no other conclusion to be drawn...but everyone else just kind of meanders off and goes home.

*WompWomp  :helmet:  :throwback:    

I know people like you in real life. I am going to 100 percent guarantee that whatever team you are a fan of is not better than the Patriots. Your insecurity shines right through.

I am going to 100 percent guarantee that whatever team you are a fan of is not better than the Patriots(asterisk)*.

Well, they're definitely not better at cheating their way to 3 tainted Super Bowls. Or at pretending that being unable to win any more Super Bowls after getting caught & unprecedentedly penalized* for that cheating is just somehow an abberation. ;)

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

What difference does it make now? A loss is a loss 

Because injuries only count when it happens to NE. If they lose their best weapon then that means something...but if Denver was without an equally talented TE the first game and loses their one and only best cover corner at halftime when they were beating them it doesn't matter. What happens as soon as DRC goes out....suddenly the air was open. Fact was in the playoffs Denver was without Miller, Harris JR, Wolfe, and others and dominated the game. Even before Talib went down they were still moving the ball. It's a good matchup..but until someone knocks Denver out...they will likely be the favorites...and likely have home field advantage.

My point is I definitely don't consider it a foregone conclusion that Denver is better. I wouldn't be surprised if we're favored our next encounter.

No offense, but a lot of times the HOME teams are favored by a few points for that reason alone. The next game should be @New England.

Well, they're definitely not better at cheating their way to 3 tainted Super Bowls. Or at pretending that being unable to win any more Super Bowls after getting caught & unprecedentedly penalized* for that cheating is just somehow an abberation. ;)

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

Knew I was right. You have classic inferiority complex. Good luck with still living in 2007 to feel good about whoever your team is.

Awesome! :thmup:

I'm always watching out for the unguarded moments displayed by quintessential Patriots(asterisk)* fans. Total inability to process reality.

"The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot. The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot. The Pats are the best team in the NFL! Wait, what? The Pats aren't the best team in the NFL?! Does not compute. Does not compute. Reboot."

It's always fun to sit at BDubs and observe the hopeless bewilderment of Patriots(asterisk)* fans when they walk in and see all of the Cowboys, Redskins, Jets & Steelers jerseys and like 3 Patriots(asterisk)* jerseys. Hahaha it has to be a disheartening dose of reality. All 5 franchises have the same kind of fans holding onto imaginary notions regarding the real or imagined greatness of their respective teams and the dynasties they once had...However the Patriots(asterisk)* lack the actual fanbase/following outside of their respective metropolitan area (and real dynasty too).

And have you noticed something...I travel quite a bit for work and spend weekends in other cities. If I get the opportunity, I get away to a sports bar/restaurant like BDubs or a Roosters over in Knoxville or Bikinis in Dallas/San Anton etc, etc. and I see that other teams have fans from all kinds of backgrounds/demos. But most Patriots(asterisk)* fans outside of Massachusetts seem to be cut from the exact same demographic. I won't spell it out because the moderating Nannies'll come along and faint but am I the only one seeing it? Could you confuse a Patriots(asterisk)* table with a Northeastern Klan rally?

Anyway, back to my point; it has to sting to drink that much Kool-Aid and then step outside their homes and see the exact opposite.

Ehhhh that's what happens when you do things the Patriots(asterisk)* way and cheat through to a round-about dynasty. The diehards (and ESPN....based in New England) hold to the lie and pretend there is no other conclusion to be drawn...but everyone else just kind of meanders off and goes home.

*WompWomp :helmet: :throwback:

Really? You're comparing Patriots fans with a Klan rally?

And we're the bad guys? Lol...

All I'm seeing here is nonsensical arguments and spite.

Very telling.

its a shame we dont troll other forums then, because if we did we would know youre the most spiteful/nonsensical person here when it comes to peyton manning

were you or were you not the person that started a thread on a pats forum titled "do you even RESPECT peyton manning"

i can understand not liking peyton, or even thinking tom is better, but to not respect the guy that broke arguabley the most sacred passing single season records in football screams spite and nonsensical louder than anyone on this forum

also the pats havent been 16NO for a while, maybe you didnt realize this because you dont watch the games. that would explain your lack of ignorance as to why denver is better, youre still stuck in 07 lawl

its a shame we dont troll other forums then, because if we did we would know youre the most spiteful/nonsensical person here when it comes to peyton manning

were you or were you not the person that started a thread on a pats forum titled "do you even RESPECT peyton manning"

i can understand not liking peyton, or even thinking tom is better, but to not respect the guy that broke arguabley the most sacred passing single season records in football screams spite and nonsensical louder than anyone on this forum

Yup, that was me. I don't respect Peyton. He's done some shameful things off the football field and we hand his butt to him and make him look like Mark Sanchez too often for me to idolize him, but my respect for Peyton isn't what this thread is about.

Would you like to copy paste one sensical argument that makes the case the Denver is clearly the superior team? Maybe I missed it, or maybe, like I said, it doesn't exist.

Yup, that was me. I don't respect Peyton. He's done some shameful things off the football field and we hand his butt to him and make him look like Mark Sanchez too often for me to idolize him, but my respect for Peyton isn't what this thread is about.

Would you like to copy paste one sensical argument that makes the case the Denver is clearly the superior team? Maybe I missed it, or maybe, like I said, it doesn't exist.

geez you sure made it easy on me

Because you got wrecked in the AFCCG.

if you think there is a better way to determine which team is better than playing head to head then youre just .....  :nutz:  :gloomy:  and also  :party:

also did you really say you didnt respect peyton because hes done shameful things off the field?

the team with the murderers/women beaters/ and dirty players is okay though? fail

geez you sure made it easy on me

if you think there is a better way to determine which team is better than playing head to head then youre just .....  :nutz:  :gloomy:  and also  :party:

That was one game while we were missing many of our most important players. You think that means Denver is clearly the top team in the AFC in 2014? Funny, when the Patriots humiliated Denver in week #12 I bet you weren't claiming the Patriots were clearly the top team in the AFC.

You lack concistsency.

The Ravens were 2012 Superbowl Champions and handed Peyton his latest one and done. Were you here saying the Ravens were the top team in the AFC for 2013?

Nope. Consistency problems.

So where is your argument credible exactly?

That was one game while we were missing many of our most important players. You think that means Denver is clearly the top team in the AFC in 2014? Funny, when the Patriots humiliated Denver in week #12 I bet you weren't claiming the Patriots were clearly the top team in the AFC.

You lack concistsency.

The Ravens were 2012 Superbowl Champions and handed Peyton his latest one and done. Were you here saying the Ravens were the top team in the AFC for 2013?

Nope. Consistency problems.

So where is your argument credible exactly?

you guys love to point out that peytons accomplishments in the regular season mean NOTHING because he hasnt experienced as much success in the post season. this would show you think the playoff wins carry more weight in proving who is the best than a regular season home game. now that the pats have lost in the playoffs, you claim they are still better because they barely won at home during the regular season. you cant have it both ways. 

well you can i guess, but when people read your posts theyre just like :facepalm:  is this guy seirous? 

if youre going to say that playoff wins dont count fine, then quit arguing brady is better because of the rings, were sick of youre double standards to defend a guy that hasnt won a ring in over a decade without knowing another teams coverage pre snap

also was denver not missing two all pros, chris harris, olinemen etc? if you want to blame injuries then it is more fair to say the colts wouldve stomped NE as they were missing more key players than anyone in the nfl

you guys love to point out that peytons accomplishments in the regular season mean NOTHING because he hasnt experienced as much success in the post season. this would show you think the playoff wins carry more weight in proving who is the best than a regular season home game. now that the pats have lost in the playoffs, you claim they are still better because they barely won at home during the regular season. you cant have it both ways. 

well you can i guess, but when people read your posts theyre just like :facepalm:  is this guy seirous? 

if youre going to say that playoff wins dont count fine, then quit arguing brady is better because of the rings, were sick of youre double standards to defend a guy that hasnt won a ring in over a decade without knowing another teams coverage pre snap

also was denver not missing two all pros, chris harris, olinemen etc? if you want to blame injuries then it is more fair to say the colts wouldve stomped NE as they were missing more key players than anyone in the nfl

Regular season games mean less because the competition isn't relavant to the play offs. How many times does this need to be said? What Denver does to the Oakland Raiders doesn't give anyone any idea how Denver might do against play off teams. Apparently this logic is completely lost on you.

When Denver plays New England, or Seattle plays the 49'ers, that position isn't appllicable because they're all play off teams

I have no idea why you don't understand this. It really isnt that hard

Regular season games mean less because the competition isn't relavant to the play offs. How many times does this need to be said? What Denver does to the Oakland Raiders doesn't give anyone any idea how Denver might do against play off teams. Apparently this logic is completely lost on you.

When Denver plays New England, or Seattle plays the 49'ers, that position isn't appllicable because they're all play off teams

I have no idea why you don't understand this. It really isnt that hard

The question is ~  Do YOU understand Denver beat NE in the Playoffs...???   Now what is your logic to that...??

kid youre a joke

When Denver plays New England, or Seattle plays the 49'ers, it isn't apllicable.

I have no idea why you don't understand this

exactly so maybe you should shut up and quit referring to this

exactly because like you said regular season doesnt hold as much merrit as playoff wins, and the pats got stomped in the playoff and your boy could barley manage to throw ONE td pass in the post season in garbage time

thanks for proving my point that denvers playoff win hold a lot more merit in deciding which game proved who was best

The question is ~  Do YOU understand Denver beat NE in the Playoffs...???   Now what is your logic to that...??

Yes, but given the circumstances and the number of injuries, isn't that a wash as far as the 2014 season is concerned?

New England played Denver earlier in the year with more of its players healthy and humiliated Denver. Irrelevant?

Denver is not the automatic #1 team in the AFC going into 2014. We'll see who is, but they don't deserve any kind of predetermined crown given they're 1-2 against NE since signing Peyton and have never defeated the Pats with Gronk on the field.

The question is ~  Do YOU understand Denver beat NE in the Playoffs...???

No! Brady DID NOT lose to Manning (again)!!!! And he d*mned sure didn't lose to him in the playoffs (again).

Other uncontrollable factors led to the score of that game being what it was. But it means nothing! This sort of thing only matters when Brady wins or the Patriots(asterisk)* cheat.

Yes, but given the circumstances and the number of injuries, isn't that a wash as far as the 2014 season is concerned?

New England played Denver earlier in the year with more of its players healthy and humiliated Denver. Irrelevant?

Denver is not the automatic #1 team in the AFC going into 2014. We'll see who is, but they don't deserve any kind of predetermined crown given they're 1-2 against NE since signing Peyton and have never defeated the Pats with Gronk on the field.

please name all the injuries denver had, thanks in advance

i guess von miller arguably the best jack lb/pass rusher in the game and THEE best LT in the game arent key injuries also the other 3 starters they were missing, maybe even more than that

if the pats sb chances are dependent on gronk when hes played only 18 games the past two years, then they may as well forfeit the season thats just ridiculous and shows how little you know about football

gronk is a walking infirmary, I would guess the over under on games played this year is about 6.

haha  you really are hilarious....  :lol:   

Let me get this straight  ~  injuries ONLY count as excuses,  if it's NE that has the injuries.

Regular season Wins  NEVER matter  ~ unless it's NE's  wins we're talking about.

And just because Denver ended up as the #1 AFC team last year,   So far has done Very Well in FA, and so on....  that really is of no importance going into next season.   It would ONLY be of importance if it was NE.

Got It.    haha

The Denver Broncos have never, EVER, defeated a Patriot team that has Gronkowski on the field.

What's the record now? 0-5 against us with Gronk? 0-6?

I always see people say this in an echo chamber as a matter of fact but is it based on parroting "media experts" or is it based on real analyisis?

How can they be a superior team if they always lose to the Patriots with Gronk on the field? ALWAYS.

That sort of consistency seems to point to the exact opposite of this narrative.

Just wondering.

I was just wondering why the Pats have not won a super bowl since 2004 considering way too many people make them favorites every season?