Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phil Costa visiting Colts today

PeterBowman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When our line is as bad as it is, you shouldn't take chances like this. You should sign proven players and know what your getting. Jonathan Goodwin is getting older, but would be a way better option than Costa IMO, and wouldn't break the bank either.

Jep, it is time that we get some proven quality for the entire O-Line. Do we want Luck injured? And how about that running game? I want to hear no more talk on these issues from the FO, I want action! :strong:

Jep, it is time that we get some proven quality for the entire O-Line. Do we want Luck injured? And how about that running game? I want to hear no more talk on these issues from the FO, I want action! :strong:

You get the player you think can help our line out the best for his paycheck, not just sign some big name lineman

I really don't want a C that's going to battle it out for starting role with Holmes, I want a C that will be the obvious choice, unless it's a rookie who's has to develop a little. We shouldn't be looking for depth, let's get a true starter and difference maker.

There are a lot of comments in this thread indicating that people are making way too much of Costa's visit. He's played some NFL football, and we are going to need O-lineman with some meaningful experience that can be one of our 4 backups.  He is exactly that kind of player, and other teams have brought him in for visits for the same reason.  That he can play center is a benefit, not a threat......that he will sign somewhere for very little money is also a benefit, not a threat.  

Very little to see here.....now, back to our regularly scheduled reactionary programming.