Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RJF

12isthenew18

We're reportedly interested in Terrance Cody. 

I think Cody/Chapman will play DT, and RJF will play a "joker" role playing each of the three down positions in various situations. 

I also don't think it's going to be very beneficial for us to cut him this season as most of his salary is guaranteed. 

Jones and RJF will both start more than likely

He's not depth. He'll most likely start across from Jones with Chapman in the middle

Unless you're talking about after the 2014 season, it will be Redding and Jones. RJF won't play over Redding.

Unless you're talking about after the 2014 season, it will be Redding and Jones. RJF won't play over Redding.

We'll see. I think redding will be transitioned to a situational pass rusher and in the rotation at DE with jones as the started and I think they'll keep rjf as the starter at DT

Disagree, Redding wasn't that much better, if any better than RJF, and he's getting old now

I thought Redding had one of his best seasons ever last year, and had an ultra-impressive 17.1 rating on PFF, on top of having some great games near the end of the year. 

I don't think they'll put RJF over him next year.

Yes he will! Redding's play significantly dropped off last yr. While RJF got better and better as the yr. went on.

Are you saying that Redding had a bad season last year? Because if you are, I completely disagree. 

Are you saying that Redding had a bad season last year? Because if you are, I completely disagree.

No, not a bad yr., but the difference from 2012 to 2013 was noticeabley worse. Plus he's getting to the age where he needs less reps to still be effective. I just think that it's becoming abundantly clear that age is catching up with him quickly.

Have people learned nothing by watching Seattle's defense and their NASCAR package? You can NEVER have too many quality linemen. Quality depth is so important because of rotation possibilities and injuries.

You're clueless if you think RJF is going anywhere. He'll be a big part of this defense.

I think Cody/Chapman will play DT, and RJF will play a "joker" role playing each of the three down positions in various situations. 

I also don't think it's going to be very beneficial for us to cut him this season as most of his salary is guaranteed. 

1.8 in dead money but still would save over 3.2 mill in cap space . Not saying to cut him but most of his salary is not guaranteed. There is 1.8 of the 2.5 signing bonus left to pro rate and that's the only guaranteed money that would hit our cap.

Its all about a rotation....these guys will all rotate positions and probably all play together on passing downs to create a pass rush. Redding is in the last year of his deal...he is done after this year and while still affective to get the last gas out of that tank we need to spell him a lot more. I'm liking our dl....adding a nt would be nice and then continuing to build depth in the draft is perfectly fine. We don't need to spend a lot of money...Jones was our big investment so we got our playmaker on the line...sometimes you just got to grow talent....can't fill every position in FA.

No, not a bad yr., but the difference from 2012 to 2013 was noticeabley worse. Plus he's getting to the age where he needs less reps to still be effective. I just think that it's becoming abundantly clear that age is catching up with him quickly.

Seriously?

Redding PFF overall rating:

2012: -5.5

2013: +21

I know, I know -- "PFF don't know nothing"

And where is this Cody source?