Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB

bestQBever

I'm not sure if he's on his contract year or not, but anyways, I'd cut him, let him clear free agency, then resign him. Make him realize how no one in the league wants him, then he will come crawling back. He will say, "I'll do anything! I'll play XBox One with Trent and Satele! I'll even play special teams!"

I'm not sure if he's on his contract year or not, but anyways, I'd cut him, let him clear free agency, then resign him. Make him realize how no one in the league wants him, then he will come crawling back. He will say, "I'll do anything! I'll play XBox One with Trent and Satele! I'll even play special teams!"

He was signed to a 1 year deal

Free agent now

I don't think DHB is ready to embrace the idea that gunner is going to be his best roll on a football team.

I'm sure he still think he can be an important part of any offense.

I doubt he's ready to take a veteran's minimum contract.   I'm sure he think he's worth more.

I'd be stunned if he's back on the team next year.

I don't think DHB is ready to embrace the idea that gunner is going to be his best roll on a football team.

I doubt he's ready to take a veteran's minimum contract. I'm sure he think he's worth more.

I'd be stunned if he's back on the team next year.

He needs to accept that he's trash. You either got it, or lack it & he lacks it

It wasn't meant for everyone to be good at football. What fun would this forum or the NFL be if everyone was good?

:dunno:

Although he seemed happy at his diminished role and happy to play Special Teams I think you're right and I'm sure there will be a team willing to roll the dice on him just as we did this year. For all the flak DHB got it's not like we signed him to a Wallace type contract, we tried, he failed, no harm no foul. 

Only way he's back is he doesn't get an offer and is willing to take any contract going. 

How would he go as a CB? He should understand a bit how a WR operates, so maybe he could use that to his advantage.

When you look at QB's passer rating when he's thrown to he's up there with the best corners in the league  ;)

He needs to accept that he's trash. You either got it, or lack it & he lacks it

It wasn't meant for everyone to be good at football. What fun would this forum or the NFL be if everyone was good?

:dunno:

The problem at the NFL level is everyone is at least "good". You don't get that far without some talent, and by that I meat these guys have been the best on their HS team, among the best on their college team, they can ball. The problem as with any sport is as  you approach the highest levels the smallest percentages have much greater effect and it's pretty hard to judge such minuscule differences sometimes. But as you say that's what makes it fun :)

This idea sorta follows through to team building IMO, teams that make big splash signings (Philly, Miami this season) don't tend to see the full value of these signings as only true superstars (think Peyton, Megatron, JJ Watt as positional examples) can make the level of difference remunerative with their cost. The best way is of course to build through the draft and by acquiring solid cheap FAs. Aggregation of small gains... that's what leads to long term success. 

These pain killers from the dentist sure are good  :excited:

I think this guy has the potential to be a very good gunner. He's fast, big, and not afraid to get physical. Do we keep him as a special teams player or let him go?

I'm all for resigning him as a gunner.

Him and Sergio could be beasts.

We can continue to work on his hands and route running..so who knows

I think this guy has the potential to be a very good gunner. He's fast, big, and not afraid to get physical. Do we keep him as a special teams player or let him go?

It really isn't an option.  NFL rosters aren't deep enough for a player who isn't competent as depth in a pinch on offense or defense.

He wouldn't sign with us to be a gunner and he could get more money someplace else.  There is 0 chance we could keep him just to be a gunner.  It would be nice but it's not gonna happen.  

There's nothing physically wrong with him..

..DHB just needs confidence...in his ability..something he seems to have lost...

..he'll bounce from team to team until he finds it

Is there evidence that DHB ever knew how to catch the ball?  

The guy is a physical freak, he'd be one of the best receivers in the game if he could just catch the ball.  But he has absolutely the worst hands I've ever seen at this level of play.  

If the patriots can use WR's as CB's, why can't we?

Edit: Also that Baptise (spellcheck) from Nebraska that everyone is hoping the Colts draft he's a WR turned CB so anything is possible.

Any WR that wants to be a CB better have fluid hips and not just be fast but quick. DHB seems to run with long strides and rounds out his cuts. He's not CB material. T.Y. would probably make a better CB than DHB even though he's small and probably can't tackle.

I'd suggest him for our Olympic relay team but he'd probably drop the baton.

Truer words were never more accurate than that statement PAC56. If they gave out awards for drops, DHB would be a 5 time gold medal champion. Release him ASAP. The man just sucks. He tries, but he still sucks. 

If the patriots can use WR's as CB's, why can't we?

Edit: Also that Baptise (spellcheck) from Nebraska that everyone is hoping the Colts draft he's a WR turned CB so anything is possible.

Please don't start this nonsense again. We've already had that silly thread.

There's a world of difference between a college player (I.e. Chris Gamble) switching from WR to CB than doing it once you're in the pros. If it were easy, every non starting WR would do it since CBs are more valuable.

I remember awhile back that someone suggested that perhaps it was a vision issue with DHB because he seemed to catch the pigskin fine from a stationary ball machine, but is horrible catching passes on the move. Maybe he is near sided. Anyway, not my problem cut him now. There's always room in Cleveland or send him to the Bengals. Marvin Lewis works miracles with NFL outcasts, left for dead, & reclamation projects. 

Any WR that wants to be a CB better have fluid hips and not just be fast but quick. DHB seems to run with long strides and rounds out his cuts. He's not CB material. T.Y. would probably make a better CB than DHB even though he's small and probably can't tackle.

Please don't start this nonsense again. We've already had that silly thread.

There's a world of difference between a college player (I.e. Chris Gamble) switching from WR to CB than doing it once you're in the pros. If it were easy, every non starting WR would do it since CBs are more valuable.

I'm just making a point the transition from WR to CB could happen.

Personally, I want DHB off the team period. I never cared for him being here from the jump so the day I get on this forum & a thread reads "Colts will not re-sign DHB" I'll be one happy camper :clap:

Personally, I want DHB off the team period. I never cared for him being here from the jump so the day I get on this forum & a thread reads "Colts will not re-sign DHB" I'll be one happy camper :clap:

you aren't making any point. Dhb could not be a corner and the idea is foolish at best

Obviously, position switches are possible. But let's not even entertain the opinion that it's remotely likely. The number of players that really made that switch is, what, less than 2? You can't count Troy Brown, he didn't make the switch, he filled in. He would have been torched if he was more than a dime as a regular.

DHB was a good teammate and very good gunner. If he'll accept the pay for that ability, I'd love to have him back. If he were to change positions it would be to TE. He's a very good blocker.

Obviously, position switches are possible. But let's not even entertain the opinion that it's remotely likely. The number of players that really made that switch is, what, less than 2? You can't count Troy Brown, he didn't make the switch, he filled in. He would have been torched if he was more than a dime as a regular.

DHB was a good teammate and very good gunner. If he'll accept the pay for that ability, I'd love to have him back. If he were to change positions it would be to TE. He's a very good blocker.

But we're crowded at TE with 3 haha