Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Rob Chudzinski as assistant HC

bavanlan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think chud's job will be to find ways to get T rich the ball effectively. Even though he wasn't great in Cleveland, he did produce a lot for a rookie. If this is the case then this hiring looks good to me.

Chud wasn't there for TRich's rookie season.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 9, 2014 - insulting
Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 9, 2014 - insulting

Why does it look like people don't realize that Chud was Richardson's coach for two games TOTAL?

Because apparently having at least a smidge of a football IQ is not necessary to join a football message board.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 9, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, February 9, 2014 - response to hidden post

Because apparently having at least a smidge of a football IQ is not necessary to join a football message board.

well, some people don't know everything there is to know about the cleveland browns and chudzinski.

I too am now kind of wondering how long Pep will be here beyond this year.  I mean you bring in somebody that the head coach has a long history with and he also happens to have been the Panthers OC the year before last, and a head coach last year. Oh well, we'll see I suppose.

yea im sorry I was agreeing with you I just posted to the wrong person sorry for the misunderstanding

Thanks....   no worries...   I was hoping I had not somehow offended you like I had upset Canuck Colt...

Hey, sometimes stuff happens on an internet fan message board....       :dunno:

Am I the only one who thinks that this could also a boost to the defense? Manursky looks clueless when it comes to making in-game adjustments, they only happen at half time, if ever. Probably because Pagano has a bit of time getting things sorted in the half time break. With Chud being able to help Pagano on offense during the game, Pagano can shift his mind to fixing the defense errors on the fly.

Having a HC duo where one is an expert on defense and the other on offense isn't a bad setup; Pagano just have the final say. I like it! :thmup:

Oh and so Remedy won't get all frazzled, I got on my laptop and found a link:

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches/jim-caldwell/600c24a0-92dc-478b-8c39-e8a59ba43b68

Jim Caldwell enters his third season as head coach of the Colts.  Caldwell served with Indianapolis for seven years before taking over as field general in 2009.  Caldwell spent his first three seasons as quarterbacks coach before earning the expanded title of assistant head coach prior to the 2005 season.  He was elevated to associate head coach with the club on January 21, 2008.

Also,Caldwell, Caldwell, Caldwell, Caldwell

But...but...why would they make him that? Who does that? CAN you do that? Has anyone else done that?? I just don't get why you would do that? :P

Most teams do have an assistant head coach, associate head coach...whatever they want to call it.  I took the time to look at the AFC before I answered just to see.  Only New England, Miami, Cleveland, Texans,Titans, Broncos and Chargers do not have assistant head coaches. Cleveland, Texans, and Titans are still forming their staffs.  All other AFC teams have one Assistant head coach except for the Ravens.  The Ravens have an assistant head coach and an associate head coach.  URRGH :)

• They had an opportunity to hire a good football mind...especially on offense.  Pags can lean more toward the defensive side of the ball with Manusky.
  • As mentioned, most teams have assistant/associate head coaches.
  • They can do that
  • Most do.

I must admit it amazes me how many coaches are involved in the day to day operations of an NFL team.  When you start thinking about it, however they start out with what?  80 players initially...It takes countless eyes and grading of each player to get the best players on the roster at 53 when the season starts.  Tough call for all.  

I would probably not have one if I was a coach just because of my nature, but I can see Pags talking to Chudzinski...getting another opinion...like a lot do.  I am wondering aloud if Chud will be in the booth or on the sidelines.....HMMM :)   :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo: !!!

well you have assistants for like position coaches. whos ever heard of an assistant for the HC

Butch Davis was hired as a Special Assistant to the head coach by the Buccaneers with Schiano in 2012 he got that title because he was still owed $1.8 million from North Carolina

"Often the "special assistant" tag can be used to circumvent offset language in contracts.

Chudzinski is due $10 million from the Browns after getting canned. "-CBS sports

So he gets the special assistant title so he can be still entitled to his money from Cleveland