Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts hire Rob Chudzinski as assistant HC

bavanlan

Chudzinski is known for his offensive mind 'throughout the league.'

For the Pep HATERS......this adds another dimension.  Cleveland is not happy he is gone, and could have/SHOULD have been considered by the Lions.....Good Hire!   :coltshelmet:  :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:  :coltshorse:  :coltshorse:  :coltshelmet:  :coltshelmet: !!!!

Add NO NONSENSE to the resume...something we are missing since BA left!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Hire

Fleener, Allen, Doyle, and Saunders are very happy

If he can help Fleener be more consistent that alone may make the hire worth it.  I also have my reservations about Pep and whether or not he is the right guy over the long haul. I have a fear of him forcing the run again next season.  I know that much will hinge on the FA acquisitions for the OL and the health of Ballard and the progression of TR.  I want to see him make adjustments more quickly from series to series and half to half.

well you have assistants for like position coaches. whos ever heard of an assistant for the HC

Check every team...A lot of teams have Special Assistants...Why is this an issue in any way?

I was actually worried something is again wrong with Chuck!!!   So out of the blue..

Check every team...A lot of teams have Special Assistants...Why is this an issue in any way?

I was actually worried something is again wrong with Chuck!!!   So out of the blue..

if you say so. Ive just never heard a job title like that

not for the HC though

he's just an extra mind in the coaches room that's mostly going help out on offense since that's his strength but has that head coaching experience that could help Pagano make better game management decisions. Well that's how I would think his job would be with that title, and he has a long history with Pagano so some chemistry should be there between them

your stupid little icon contributes nothing to the discussion like I've said before and ill keep saying till you stop being so annoying if you have a problem with what the colts do and who they sign then go watch hockey or the CFL

I think you completely missed the point of the emoticon.

I didn't use it to say anything about what the Colts are doing.

I used to it express my views of the poster, who I thought wrote something ridiculously foolish.

But thanks anyway.....

To me, it simply looks like a quality coach was available and the Colts made room for him.

Agreed!     And I hope you're 100% right.    Believe me, nothing would make me happier.

My post was complete speculation and could easily be completely wrong.    Seriously.

I hope that's all it is.   And I think Chedzinski is a heckuva hire!    Good move for the Colts!    

Today, the Colts got a little bit better!      :thmup:

your stupid little icon contributes nothing to the discussion like I've said before and ill keep saying till you stop being so annoying if you have a problem with what the colts do and who they sign then go watch hockey or the CFL

Having taken a moment to consider what you wrote...   I'm wondering if you have me confused with someone else?

I write that because I rarely have a problem with what the Colts do, or who they sign.   In fact I spend the majority of my posts explaining to Colts fan why what the Colts do is good and not a mistake.

You writing about hockey and the CFL makes me think you were trying to respond to Canuck Colt?    Well,  you didn't.   Canuck Colt was who I was responding to. 

Just wanted to clarify things, because your response to me just didn't make sense....

Hope this helps......

Having taken a moment to consider what you wrote...   I'm wondering if you have me confused with someone else?

I write that because I rarely have a problem with what the Colts do, or who they sign.   In fact I spend the majority of my posts explaining to Colts fan why what the Colts do is good and not a mistake.

You writing about hockey and the CFL makes me think you were trying to respond to Canuck Colt?    Well,  you didn't.   Canuck Colt was who I was responding to. 

Just wanted to clarify things, because your response to me just didn't make sense....

Hope this helps......

I think his response was meant for CanukColt? His hockey/canada statement makes sense then..

Hope this helps......

yea im sorry I was agreeing with you I just posted to the wrong person sorry for the misunderstanding

The thing i like the most about Chudzinski offense is that it's a big play offense. Some what like Arians but he uses his TE's more. Josh Gordon and Jordan Cameron both had great years and that's without a good QB. This is the type of offense Luck should have instead of the dink and dunk power run offense. 

I know he's not the offensive coordinator but i would think he'll have some input on offense. Also, if Pep leaves for a head coaching job Chudzinski could be the offensive coordinator in waiting.

This is a good argument except for one small problem. Brown gained yards behind that line, Ballard gained yards behind that line and Bradshaw gained yards behind that line. Everybody but Richardson. Richardson wasn't much in Cleveland either. The problem is that Richardson just isn't very good at running the ball. Now receiving out of the backfield, he can do that but there is no way Richardson was ever worth a number one draft pick to either the Browns or the Colts.

Well, again,  go back to actually watching football can be a very helpful exercise.

Not all running is created equally.  Brown usually ran in a spread offense where he only has usually the 4 DLineman and 1 lineback to beat the line with his line. Rchardson was running more in a tight formation where one or two tight ends are in close and the box is stacked.  Completely different,

That's like asking why Reggie Wayne didn't have very many long plays because LaVon Brazill did.  You have to consider the game situation.  You can't compare them directly.

I think chud's job will be to find ways to get T rich the ball effectively. Even though he wasn't great in Cleveland, he did produce a lot for a rookie. If this is the case then this hiring looks good to me.

I doubt it. Chud likes the passing game more than the running game