Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Overton Drafted to Team Rice

ColtsBTM12

There are multiple days to this thing? This Pro-Bowl draft thing is getting lamer and lamer the more I read about it. 

It's Football. It's better than nothing. In the middle of May when the best football topic is the last movie Andrew Luck went and saw, I will kill to see a football game like this even if it is the Pro Bowl and kind if lame. The way I see it, its the last time I'm going to see my favorite Colts players take the field until mid-August.

It's Football. It's better than nothing. In the middle of May when the best football topic is the last movie Andrew Luck went and saw, I will kill to see a football game like this even if it is the Pro Bowl and kind if lame. The way I see it, its the last time I'm going to see my favorite Colts players take the field until mid-August.

The draft is in May.  That's when the forums will be all abuzz about all the mistakes they think Grigson made! 

This is the NFL's great idea to make the normally awful Pro Bowl better?

Fail.

The Pro Bowl used to be a joke. This.. gimmick... has made it worse. By far. 

At this rate next year they'll be adding pedal tractor pulls and sack races to the festivities. 

:facepalm:

sack-race-5-kids-in-6-love-this.jpg

This is the NFL's great idea to make the normally awful Pro Bowl better?

Fail.

The Pro Bowl used to be a joke. This.. gimmick... has made it worse. By far. 

At this rate next year they'll be adding pedal tractor pulls and sack races to the festivities. 

:facepalm:

I'd enjoy watching a NT sack race.... 

Seriously skills competitions would be better than the lame flag football hug fest. 

This change they've made to the pro-bowl is hardly going to make it more interesting.  

There just isn't much they can do for that.  Fact is that everyone who's playing in the pro-bowl is playing so that they don't get hurt or hurt anyone else.  So much of it, especially the tackling is hard to watch.  It looks like all these great football players where replaced by pre-teen girls who don't want to get dirty.  

Honestly it would probably be a better game if they made it flag football.  That way we wouldn't be subjected to watching bad tackling as a constant reminder that no one really cares about this game.

In couple of years the probowl will be like the All-Star game in the NBA... they will have it in the middle of season that way players won't back out because of the SB or pull a Brady and claim some unknown injury.

No way. Would never happen in a million years. Can you imagine an injury during the game or practice? Teams wouldn't want their players participating, and most players would say "If I opt out I can get an extra week of rest" and most would. 

Never happen.

No way. Would never happen in a million years. Can you imagine an injury during the game or practice? Teams wouldn't want their players participating, and most players would say "If I opt out I can get an extra week of rest" and most would. 

Never happen.

Could be.  But injuries are a possibility in the NBA as well and in the Probowl now.  Additionally Goodell does not care about those type "minor details".  In his mind the ProBowl is not about rewarding the players (trip to Hawaii, easy week of practice, few more thousands of dollars in the bank) it's about how he can glitz and glam it for TV and to a lesser extent for the fans.

7-8 years ago in Tags last year as commish the topic of the Probowl was brought and how to make it a more watched game(news not in a conversation I was having), it was talked about on the Indy forum and I stated then the league would probably try to make it part of SB week while people are still interested in football.

You do make a good point about players opting out to get the week of rest and it will be something that is considered.  But that is happening now, 7 of 8 SF players have opted out of the Probowl, Brady and Talib are out plus any players from the Seahawks and Broncos.  I think the last list I saw had 16 replacement players in the ProBowl not counting the fill ins for players from the Hawks and Broncos.

Never happen.

Agree it wouldn't happen.  Players would just take the time to rest.  

They will probably always do it the week before the SB.  The thing is that they need to change the nature of it so that it doesn't look like a bunch of wimps who are afraid of getting dirty are playing.  

I think they should turn it into a flag football game.  We get to see these players faces as they play and they look like humans without their pads and helmets on.  On top of that since flag football is already designed to prevent injury they won't have to go out there and look bad because they are trying to avoid anyone being injured.

If they could just find a way to properly motivate these players the ProBowl could be amazing. I'm sure the NFL could afford a large amount of money for winning.

And get rid of the handicaps like no blitzing and only playing 4-3 base defenses, then open up offensive play books too.

Keep the probowl draft too, I like that idea, but let the coaches draft.